Jets working to get Cutler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BIG TYMER, Apr 26, 2006.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

No, I left it out because it is irrelevant. They knew he could still potentially not be 100% when they renegotiated. If he is not, he rides the pine for a year. The cap hit would be too big. Also their reputation would be damaged beyond repair. Players would not trust the FO and no one would renegotiate ever again. Agents and potential FAs would avoid the Jets FO like the plague. Do you have any idea how it would look to ask a guy to renegotiate, have the guy come in and work day and night to renegotiate in good faith for the team, only for him to be cut in the summer? Say bye-bye to any future FAs and trust between the FO and the players.

Hurt or not, newly drafted QB or not, Pennington will be a Jets this year. Next year though it is entirely possible.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually it's 40 points (1190 to 1150) and that's the equivalent of the 132 pick or the 5th pick of the 5th round.

The Jets really need to get full value out of their picks. Too much value went down the drain during the Bradway/Edwards regime and that's why we are rebuilding.

If the Ravens want the trade they need to give us a 5th rounder in addition to the 13 for the 29 and the 35. Draft picks don't grow on trees.

3. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I don't think Cutler gets past Arizona anyway.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Thats true, but there is also the possibility they take Winston Justice...

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

highly possible, but i think Denny Green wants to take another shot at QB now they have Edgerrin.

Justice makes as much sense but Green as the coach makes me believe he wouldnt pass on Cutler. if he was there.

6. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

I would not be upset with this scenario at all. I would prefer to stay put with our picks but if the Jets love Cutler this much then I would not be opposed to him at 13, if we take him at four I am going to snap shit.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If we take Cutler at all I'm going to be in doubt. If we take him on the 4 I'm going to start figuring out how long to give Tangini until they make me change my tag.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Not sure I agree with you but I'm glad to see you back posting. Where have you been?:eek:fftopic:

9. NYjets2335

NYjets2335 New Member

Why would you possibly even consider Young? He will be good only until his athletic ability runs out when he gets older. And how could you say that Cutler or Leinart are gonna be like Ryan Leaf. There both going to be better than Young in my opinion. I don't like anything that Young does throwing wise. The jets have no interest in Young anyway so you mine as well stop being a Jets fan than.