Jets will be better than advertised in 2006!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by drnyjets, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

if we end up losing 10 plus games, do you think Mangini/Schott will send Clemens into some games?

2. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

4-12 / 3-13.....

Too many holes to fill for Mangini. It could take a few years to clean up the mess, but I think the Jets future is headed in the right direction....

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

If by "better than advertised" you mean New York goes 6-10 then I agree with you...This team is a max 6-10 team...I personally think they go 5-11 with showing signs of improvement in the process.

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

how many teams rebuild with a 33 year old RB coming off knee surgery and signed for 4 more seasons?

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Sometimes you have to play the cards you were dealt. Jets had so many holes, that you can only address so much of them. Next year they most likely will address the RB position.

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

My point is/was I think they have 3 guys (Moore, Washington, Houston) who should play THIS year--but, they'll go with Martin for 2 more years for old times sake (and struggle). Good teams move on and so far the new FO looks like they subscribe to "Curtis until he quits" theory.

7. Zcore

Zcore New Member

After hearing that Chad is throwing again I feel a little confident in the team. This season is all on Chad if He is back to form then who knows how far they can go.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

How many stories have you read about how well Pennington looked in minicamp? Believe me if he looked good there would be no reason to hide it. The season is all about moving on from Chad and Curtis and putting them both in the rear view mirror as fast as possible.

9. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

You can't say the best were gonna be is .500 or the worst is 4-12 or anything like that because the NFL is incredibly unpredictable. For example, the Chargers 2 years ago didnt add anything from their 4-12 2003 team, Rivers never even played, and in 2004 they were 12-4, and the Cowboys were 10-6 that season and added a lot more talent and the next year they were 6-10. Another example, with the Jets, is the 1997 season we were 1-15 and the next year we were 9-7 so although we can take educated guesses, you cant put limits on something because who the hell knows

10. Lake

Lake New Member

My guess at this point would be 7-9; decent start, tough middle, strong finish on which to build. A lot depends on the health of #10, of course. I do expect a resurgence because he'll finally be healthy again and will force people to remember how good he previously was.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

until they then remember to blitz the f**k outta him so he wets the bed.

i'm not making any predictions except that i think, so far, we're moving in the right direction and we have a good amount of depth on Defense to run various schemes. Offensively, once again, it all depends on our QB situation.

cheers

12. GangGreen Canuck

GangGreen Canuck New Member

I don't think rebuilding means you have to suck. We made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years. We have a decent team...so i'm gonna say 9-7!!!

13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Finally...a realistic and accurate post about 2006. Good teams move on and don't play guys because they used to be good. I'm convinced there are still people would in 2006 start Mawae, Vinny, Chrebet, Martin, Marvin Jones, Mo Lewis, and Ray Mickens if they could.

14. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

At best 6-10, it will probably be 4 or 5 wins. Im really worried about Rob A, this could be disastrous, he would probably end up like that Reggie Bush rules tool or someone like that.