Jets will be better than advertised in 2006!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by drnyjets, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

but we wouldnt be headed in the right direction cause we were 4-12 last year so we are going backwards. But i understand your logic.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm also not concerned about the record - I think 6-10 is a reasonable guess right now - but it's hard for me to imagine a situation where a 2-14 record would be indicative of heading in the right direction, particularly considering a relatively easy schedule.

#22 statjeff22, Jun 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

6-10 through 9-7 (mangini would be the golden child in this case)

4. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

The problem with giving your girlfriend Tom Brady's jersey is when Brady comes over for it while you're away.

5. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I think we'll be 8-8 in '06.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Jets in 06
    13-3

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It will depend on whether they play the best players--If the coach adopts Herm's philosophy of playing Chad, Chrebet, DRob, Martin, and Marvin no matter how Injured/bad they are, we'll suck. If he plays the best players regardless of sentimnet, we have a lot better chance. Martin is a sure HOFamer, but he looked every day of his 33 years last year, and coming off knee surgery probably will be marginal. If the jets spend the whole year trying to convince themselves he is the Curtis of 98, they will have wasted at least one year of rebuilding.

#27 tomdeb, Jun 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2005
  8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

There's no way of knowing what our record will be but I do know I'm encouraged by the changes Woody made in the coaching and FO in the offseason. It all starts there and works it's way down. Already Team Tangini has made some of the tough, smart decidions it's going to take to get the division back.

I like the fact that Herm is gone. There is no way we would have gone any further with that imbecile at the helm. Mangini and Tannenbaum are no-nonsense guys and at least we're building around two guys who have a vision and a plan to carry out the vision as opposed to being hopelessly clueless on and off the field. If Team Tangini can continue doing just exactly what they are doing we have a shot. 9-7? Do I hear 10-6? Well, maybe a stretch, but we'll see.

9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I like your analysis--we should be 2 games better with decent clock management alone.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

JMO Jets don't have the pieces Mangini wants yet on either side of ball. It takes time. Jetrs win 5 games and Mangini should be up for coach of the year.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

RobA in 06
    Starts rooting for Jet losses in game 9.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Huh? What?

13. Green Lantern 80

My prediction - the Jets will be better than last year. And since we don't have HERM we are already better than last year!

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Exactly!

Some folks just won't accept that this team is rebuilding, not retooling.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Good to see you back again Bagdad Rob! :grin:

16. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

At best 8 wins ... I like the FO and CS and I think we're moving in the right direction but there are going to be areas of opportunity for this team. For example, Can Chad take back his starting spot and if not is P.Ramsey the P.Ramsey of 2003 or 2004-2005? Can our D get a GOOD even DECENT Pass Rush going w/o J.Abe? Is Robertson the answer at Nose Guard? Will Clemens become the NEXT Brett Favre or Tom Brady and take over a 1/4 of the way in and become a superstar? Will regret not taking Lienart? Can CMart deliver on 33 year old tires? I mean we are at least 2 more drafts from making this thing actually happen. But THIS YEAR will NOT be the year, not be a long shot.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Great post ATL I think you nailed it. One thing I will always say about the NFL that gives me some hope is the league lacks consistency and there are so few solid QB's that the opportunity to have several surprise teams is always a possability. If we get solid QB play we have an opportunity to be pretty decent realative to the league. It's hard to see where or why we should get solid QB play at this point but stranger things have happened.

18. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

1st, thanx for the kudos and 2nd you are soooo absolutely right.

But again, I like what I see in the team, I like what I see in the FO, I have changed my views of Woody as an owner. I'm liking this CS more and more MAINLY because Mangini has a vision and These guys are going to MAKE SURE, his vision is carried out.

19. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm taking into account strength of schedule as well. We're playing some teams that have problems of their own. I think we have the talent to make it to .500.

20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

I respectfully disagree. Yes Jets have some talent, but what team dosen't. Jets have more square parts trying to fit in round holes(not happening) For example where the OLBs that are going to put pressure on the Qb(in 3-4) or where is the pass rush going to come from from any scheme. Are you happy with your WR corp and is your new Oline better run blocking or pass blocking oline. (Look what A jones /D brickshaw Ferguson weakness- run blocking) Now your putting more pressure on shaky QB situation.

Jets just have too much to overcome next season. 1 Learning two new schemes on offense and defense- That dosen't happen over night and Jets are missing some parts in both new schemes 2. Head coaches and asssistant are very inexperienced- like players they are going to need time to find themselves 3. Jets are counting on very young players. Those young playwers are going to make mistakes. 4 QB situation still looks like in shabbles- Penningtron(two surguries) P Ramsey(Gibbs good QB evaluator couldn't stand and K Clemens- who knows but defintely won't be ready next season.

Again Just my opinion Jets aren't getting anywhere close to .500 next season. The season shouldn't be consider a failure, if thats the case. ITs all about building for the future- thats why its called rebuilding season.