Jets wearing Titans colors vs. NE & Cincy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jul 23, 2008.

1. steviep

steviep Active Member

Agreed. Did not like those.

They can bring back the 80s unis and helmets.

2. BSartist

BSartist New Member

Totally agreed. Those titans unis are the ugliest pieces of dog-poo I've ever seen. I can't wait till they sell the rest of that crap and we never have to see those uniforms again. Which should be by about 2022.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Eric Allen: Yes, Jets Will Be in Green for Patriots

This has already been posted about the Green Jersey's returning for the home opener. However, there are other tidbits in here that are of interest.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/645-ea-yes-jets-will-be-in-green-for-patriots

The Jets are going green for their home opener.

When New England comes to the Meadowlands on Sept. 14, the Jets will be in their traditional green jerseys. After originally unveiling plans to wear their New York Titans throwbacks for this early-season divisional showdown, the Jets have shifted gears and are now set to don the blue & gold in both their second and third home contests.

"There has been tremendous interest from our fans in this game and this season," said Matt Higgins, Jets executive vice president. "And with the interest in this game, a lot of our fans felt it was important that we take the stage in our Jets green."

Instead of an airway battle of Jets and Cardinals on Sept. 28, New York?s AFC representative will go with its titanic ensemble. The Titans jerseys are replicas of the uniforms the New York Titans wore, with some modifications, from 1960-62.

Then after an off-week, the Jets will stay with their throwbacks in a post-bye Oct. 12 Meadowlands showdown against Cincinnati. The Jets have never been gracious hosts to the Bengals, taking the past six at home and nine of 11 in the New York area overall.

Arizona has made only one visit to the Meadowlands to play the Jets, falling by a 12-7 score on Nov. 7, 1999. The Cards hope they?ll get a tired opponent as the Jets not only play on Monday Night Football six days prior, but their date is on the West Coast with the Chargers in San Diego.

Last season, the Jets went 1-1 in their throwbacks. They dropped a 16-9 decision to the Philadelphia Eagles at the Meadowlands on Oct. 9 and then throttled the Dolphins, 40-13, in Miami on Dec. 2.

The Jets will also modify their traditional green home jerseys when Kansas City comes to town Oct. 26. To honor the Jets? 1968 championship team, each player will wear a commemorative 40th anniversary Super Bowl III patch over his left chest. At halftime, the team will honor many of the championship alumni in a ceremony.

As the countdown to the home opener with the Patriots continues, the Jets would like to create a ?Green & Whiteout? on Sept. 14. There will be close to 80,000 in attendance and hundreds of thousands watching elsewhere. The eyes of the nation will be on the Meadowlands and there will be no better time to show off Jets Nation.

Fans are asked to wear green or white or both to the Patriots game and get inside the stadium early. The organization has made a ton of changes to improve the fan experience and you?ll get to see the new and improved Jets on the field.

There will be no toleration for inappropriate behavior and there will be a short leash from security, but that shouldn?t stop anyone from having fun. Be loud, be proud and take part in the ?Green & Whiteout.?

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm glad the normal uniform will be used against NE but what the hell is with this crush to wear a different uniform every week? Does the NFL somehow make money off of this. It was nice to do once but now it's become obnoxious.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If they somehow do better in the Titan Jerseys, like a 60% more chance to win - odd stat sort of thing, then I have no problem wearing them for half the season.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I dunno, but I can't stand the Titans colors the gold is like dijon mustard color.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It is an ugly uniform, but if they win in them, wear them.

We face the bengals in them, and we seem to own them when playing at home.

They have no defense, and we now have a QB who can win a shootout with the likes of Carson Palmer and crew. Bring it on.

BTW, if anyone thought Favre looked odd in Jets Green, imagine what he will look like in the Titans uniform.

8. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Yes they make tons of money off of throw back uniform sales.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Like the sound of modifying the Green Jerseys with the Superbowl 3 Patch on it that sounds ill... Cant wait for this season to fuckin start already lol

10. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

I hate the throwback uniforms.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The only way I think wearing the throwbacks is if the other team wears them too. It'd be cool to see the Bengals wear the helmets that say Bengals on them instead of the tiger stripes.

[​IMG]

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

EA: Yes, Jets Will Be in Green for Patriots
    Published: Thu, August 21, 2008 - 3:13pm EDT
    By Eric Allen

Fans are asked to wear green or white or both to the Patriots game and get inside the stadium early.
    The organization has made a ton of changes to improve the fan experience and you’ll get to see the new and improved Jets on the field.

There will be no toleration for inappropriate behavior and there will be a short leash from security, but that shouldn’t stop anyone from having fun. Be loud, be proud and take part in the “Green & Whiteout.”

#112 Royal Tee, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It was either going to be:

[​IMG]

or

THE NYJs LAST WON THE SB ON 01/12/69 WHICH IS NOW OVER 39 YEARS AGO OR TO SAY IT ANOTHER WAY OVER 14,000 DAYS SINCE WE LAST WERE WORLD CHAMPs OF THE FB WORLD.

I think they made the right choice. :up:

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member