Jets wearing Titans colors vs. NE & Cincy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jul 23, 2008.

1. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again...the Jets have a shameful and forgettable history as the Titans, and as far as I know NOBODY is nostalgic for these uniforms.

Last year they weren't well received, and I haven't really seen many people wearing them as well.

why the hell do the Jets insist on shoving them down our throats?

80's uniforms? sure I wouldn't mind seeing them. But who cares about some ugly Titans threads who they only wore for 3 years in front of a combined 562 people at the Polo Grounds.

2. allan1

allan1 Active Member

you mean they're bad? or is "huuuurtin" new ghettospeak that I'm not familiar with? Is that what they're saying around the prison yard homey G?

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Perfectly said. It's like someone wearing New Jersey Generals uniforms--in fact their history is probably more rich in tradition than that of the New York Titans.

4. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Totally agree. I cannot believe we are going to be starting our season at home against our hated rivals in a stupid throwback that I have yet to hear a Jet fan like. I just don't this. I like to see my team playing in the classy Green and White that is the New York Jets.

This is all about squeezing the lemon dry to get a few more $$$$ out of the Jets support.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I have a basketball jersey in the Titans colors, that's what I wore to the Eagles game last year and what I'll do again for the opener. Nice that it's a warm weather game, so that will work. I'm not spending any money on that Titans shit.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

The organization will throw another Titans wrinkle out in 2009 when they showcase white Titans jerseys to celebrate the franchise’s 50th anniversary

The Jets will also modify their traditional green home jerseys when the Kansas Chiefs come to town on Oct. 26. To honor the Jets’ 1968 championship team, the players will wear a commemorative 40th anniversary Super Bowl III patch on their left chests. At halftime, the team will honor many of the championship alumni in what promises to be an emotional ceremony

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/571-jets-to-wear-titans-colors-for-home-opener

#46 17a_tailgater, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  7. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I have one! Coles #87 NY Titans uni. Its awesome.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yeah, I actually have to join this, too. When they wore the Titans jersey's last year it was hard to believe that I was watching the Jets. When they lost the game it became apparent.

9. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

I can stomach the Titans unis as a novelty but not on opening day.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I agree.
    The stiadium will be Packed with Ganggreen'rs on opening day and they Choose to go Titan blue?

Shit, How about all the kids who are going to their 1st game only to see no one with the Jersey they are wearing on the field?

Wow, I want to see the Pats get demolished Swarmed and destroyed by Green.

11. JetsYanks80

JetsYanks80 New Member

I thought those dumb jerseys were going to be only a once time thing. I really hope they don't plan on the jets wearing it every season

12. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

I agree but if we demolish the Pats I don't care if we are wearing to tos and ballerina slippers!

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

lol, Fair enough :up: but I'd rather do it in Green so that they know who they are gettin it from.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Love the Titans Uni's

15. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Whoever thought up this idea should be fired!!! How many Jet fans cant actually relate to the Titians uniforms? Sorry but when i see Blue and Gold i dont think about the NY JETS. Now if they brought back the uniforms from the 80's then thats a different story.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The Jets have one of the classiest unis in the NFL. I thought this blue and gold garbage was a one time deal last year. Doesn't anyone think its stupid for the Jets to wear some blue and gold uniform that the team wore for three non-descript seasons nobody remembers when the stadium is filled with fans wearing green and white.

And why aren't the fans seeing this for what it really is - a money grab by the Jets as they try to force the fans to spend money on these ridiculous throwbacks. Why else would the Jets wear them again this year other than to hope that fans will buy these ugly old jerseys. If they went to the 80s throwbacks, which I am still against, there would be no need for the fans to buy anything because they are still green and white.

I think this is a disgrace. The Titans have no legacy or meaning to Jet fans. The Jets are green and white and the current uniforms are great. That should be the end of that. Maybe next year the Jets can wear purple as a "third" jersey just for the hell of it.

17. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Who made this stupid f***ing desicion. The more I read here from the fans the more I get annoyed. Opening day is a huge game every year and one we want to be showing our real colours. I think the organisation need to be taken to task over this. I'd love to hear Craig Carton and Boomer grill someone over this.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The Titans Uni's need to away.

permanently

19. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

The uniforms suck. It shows no pride for a home opener... Would be funny to see Favre running out in a freaking Titans jersey in the home opener. Disgrace.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I want to see Brett Favre wearing the White classic Jets top opening day at home, hopefully with white pants and white shoes.