Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I have a question, did Flacco ever give his team a lead in a Championship game? no. Even when the Ravens defense kept them in the game, Flacco through a pick on the game winning drive.

Sanchez on the other had went where no Rookie QB has ever gone before. He is the only rookie QB in the history of mankind to give his team a double digit lead in the AFC Championship.

To bad the same can not be said for Flacco.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I also remember Flacco choking against the Colts.

0 Touchdowns? real good eh?

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

thats true, but you cant deny Flacco has taken major steps forward.

Yeah preseason, but if you look good in preseason thats always positive.

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Very strange to aquire Housh and trade Mason away 7 days before the opener.

Cro should be able to cover Housh, Revis on Boldin, a safety on Heap... and run blitz the hell out of them.

Like some of the Ravens fans have said (and pretty good posts at that) this is going to be a low scoring smash mouth game.

I see coverage sacks, and plenty of stacking the box, sending a safety on run blitzes keying on Rice.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He has, I think he has good.

I'm just dealing with the troll. I can criticize every little thing like him to.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it wasn't Mason....Clayton was traded away.

7. RavenMan04

RavenMan04 New Member

How come I can't quote other people?

Anyway, "JCotchrocket"..josh wilson will probably be the number 3 or maybe number 4 corner behind chris carr to start the season playing in only nickel and dime coverages. Primarily because he's still learning the system. I do see him however possibly becoming a starter as the season progresses and how well fabian and webb play.

"624"...23-13 jets? i doubt any team will score over 20 points. I can almost guarantee both qb's will end up throwing picks. I don't see sanchez driving 80+ yards for a TD. If you guys score a TD, it will be because of good field position from a turnover and capitalizing from that. Or you guys being able to run...our run-D loooked suspect against the Giants. My prediction 17-10 ravens.

I don't ever root for other teams outside the ravens other than my fantasy players lol. But after the ravens-jets game, I'll actually be rooting for you as well. I jumped on the jets bandwagon ever since you guys signed rex, bart, and leonhard. Also, Hardknocks has been the shit..I love that show.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yeah man I have liked the Ravens for a long time...(until I saw the schedule for this year)
    I can see both teams scoring around 20 points, or the game having 1-2 touchdowns total.

btw you can quote people when you get a certain amount of posts.

10. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Brain freeze. Still, I don't think Housh will be much of a factor. 3 possession type WR's, although Boldin in particular is caple of pretty good YAC.

11. 624

624 Banned

Fair enough, I just think with your secondary issues, missing Reed and Foxworth that we should be able to have some success in the passing game assuming our O-Line gets their shit together.

Sanchez is no elite QB, but he is definitely underrated by a lot of opposing fans, he can get the job done, make plays, and perform under pressure.

I am worried about Ngata + the rest of your front 7.

Should be a close game though, I have a lot of respect for the Ravens.

12. RavenMan04

RavenMan04 New Member

True, Flacco has done nothing in the post season games. But the offense they'll have this year will be no comparison. Third year in the system and much better receivers. Flacco barely ever threw in the middle of the field past seasons. Just this preseason, that's already changed. And like I said before, I wasn't too excited about the Housh deal..but the dudes a warrior. He'll make the tough catches in the middle of the field and he should be able to beat most #3 corners..since I'm guessing he'll be playing primarily slot.

13. DRex

DRex Member

The jets will come out and smack the ravens in the mouth....Jets 20 Ravens 9....I do not see how the score a TD Boldin will be reduced to 20 yards by revis, Cro will lock that long haired overrated WR and mason is like 60....NO RB scares me, this run D is as stout a group as i seen...We will see blitz packages we havent seen yet w 2 CB's who can play 1 on 1 not just 1.....

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

[​IMG]
    Darrelle Revis covering Anquan Boldin MNF

15. RavenMan04

RavenMan04 New Member

Don't forget about Suggs. He's gonna have a hell of a year. He's looked like a beast this preseason. Too bad I can't say the same about ray, he's no doubt the heart and soul of the team..but he's definitely lost a step.

16. 624

624 Banned

MOST #3 corners, but not Kyle Wilson. Especially 1 week into the Ravens system/chemistry with Flacco.

17. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Suggs ha? Vernon Buster Gholston is going to shit all over the Ravens............ ....................

.... ................. ...........:drunk:

19. 624

624 Banned

Suggs is no doubt a beast but D'Brickashaw Ferguson should definitley be able to handle him. Baltimore's Front 7 is loaded all around but Ngata is the one that scares me the most.

20. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Is Wilson the return man now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.