Jets vs Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

Most of you Jet fans think this is going to be an easy win. If you cant stop Clay Matthews then you are in for a rude awakening.

2. 624

624 Banned

I know about Brandon Jackson, I was just being an asshole haha sorry.

..and the Jets do have arguably the best receiving corps in the NFL, especially now that the Packers have lost Finley.

Their numbers aren't very inflated because we are in a run first offense and Holmes doesn't have great chemistry yet....it's a very formidable group though.

The Packers are great too, but they have a more passhappy offense with a better QB, so their numbers are better.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

THis debate seems to be a semantic one between what Qb's can do right now and who you would want for now and the future. Those touting Rodgers are looking and seeing a guy with a promising future in this league. He may hang in there more if he gets more comfortable. Meanwhile he has a solid arm. I think it likely in two years he is a top five Qb. Not yet, though.

4. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

I agree. They also think that because we don't have a running game they'll be able to stop us easily. We never were a running team, even with Grant. We pass to set up the run. We'll spread you out and then we'll run draws and screens out of our base offense. This will be the best offense the Jets defense has faced this year. The key will be 3rd down.

Your defense has been struggling on 3rd down all year. For all the love your defense gets, you guys are just middle of the pack when it comes to passer rating, passing YPA, passing TD's given up, Int's and sacks. You guys are also bottom tier in the league at giving up pass plays of over 20+ yards and 3rd down percentage. Your touchdown to FG ratio is also poor at 2 to 1. Your strengths are top 5 against the run and scoring defense. You've also benefitted from a high number of fumbles and a high recovery rate.

We played the Bears defense this year who's numbers are better than yours and we went up and down the field on them on the road. We choked the game away with stupid penalties but the point is we moved the ball. I see no reason why we wont be able to move the ball on you guys.

5. 624

624 Banned

I think a lot of us understand that it won't be an easy game.

Don't let a few posts alter your opinion on the entire board.

It's just natural to pick your own team to win...and with our recent success, history against your franchise, coming off a bye, being at home, and your team's injuries..we like our chances

6. tubby

tubby Active Member

Patriots have a better offense.

lol @ comparing the Bears defense to the Jets

7. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

Dude, have you lived in a shell for the past 6 weeks? Im Pretty sure that guy they call Revis Christ has not been 100% in any of those games. Now im not the type to throw excuses, but come on man. You are talking about a defense that has been without there number 1 defenseive player at 100%1

8. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

I hear you..I may be coming off confident but I know what we're up against. Hope it's a great game with no major injuries on both sides.

9. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

Look at the numbers bro, Bears defense is rated higher than yours.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The only stat that matters is points allowed. Go look that up. We get a lot of fumbles because our players are always going for the strip. We're also finally getting #24 at 100% so Rex can use his entire playbook.

Our defense hasn't been as good as it was last year yet, but with 24 at 100% it could be better.

11. 624

624 Banned

We are 4th in PPG without the best defensive player in the NFL....we get him back now.

12. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

Revis hasn't been at 100% you're right. What makes you think he'll be at 100% on Sunday? Because he said so? You think a week off while playing on a bad hammy all year is going to make him 100%? Rexy made a mistake playing him hurt IMO.

13. 624

624 Banned

We have watched every snap of every Jets game this season...Revis looked great against Denver.

He loooked like a great corner..but still not Revis.

He showed no signs of his hammy, he was just a little rusty, but still had an amazing game for normal corner standards.

Agaisnt Denver you could tell that he was almost back...after a bye week there's no doubt in my mind he won't be back.

14. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

Are you guys concerned at all that you're offense has been less than stellar at home? Only four offensive touchdowns this year at home. 3 came via the pass against the Pats weak ass secondary. Seems like you're playing better on the road.

15. 624

624 Banned

One home game was our offensive coordinator's fault for being ultra conservative and not having any balls...and another home game was in a monsoon.

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Yeah, you've got us right where you want us.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Bad argument, man.

Week 1 at home, we scored 9 points, mainly because of the OC's uber conservative gameplan, along with the fact that that gameplan was against Baltimore.

Week 5 at home was like The Day After Tomorrow. Points were definitely left on the field as the playing conditions affected our scoring (e.g. some of Sanchez's throws were off; Keller dropped a TD in the endzone, etc).

If you take those two factors into account and then consider other factors, such as hiccups (naturally) with the integration of Holmes into the Offense, Sanchez still in the process of developing/progressing, and the (what should be) improved Defense providing more opportunities for the Offense, then you'll see that PPG and Home Field don't really have a strong correlation.

#177 The Uniform Bomber, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I feel like "easy win" is the wrong term. The Jets can dominate the game for sure, but it won't be easy. Still, Jets by 20+ seems likely. :)

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm going to disagree. Rodgers can make some absolutely filthy throws.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Let this be a guide to Packers fans that have trouble reading above a third grade level. ......

When replying to single solitary posters that just say abhorrently retarded comments, check under their name first. It will save the regular posters from reading your equally nonsensical retarded posts.

I know living up in a cold dark wasteland with barely enough people to habituate it, must be difficult. It probably stunts your ability to socialize and limits your powers of observation.

In the spirit of sharing, I will post the title under the poster that said the Jets injuries are worse than the Packers:

2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Mind you, this poster could have won last year and certainly is a front runner this year.

Now I ask Packer fans with cognitive abilities, why? Why would you bother ? Would you walk by an adult with Downs syndrome on the street and try to strike up a random conversation about the economy or recession?

Then why the fuck do it here?

Your welcome for Miamipucks beginners guide to TGG. Now welcome and GFY!