Jets vs Lions Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Oct 31, 2010.

1. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Houston and Smith have both been pleasant surprises. They still need a true #1, but the real detriment to the defense has been their LB play. Injuries have decimated an already thin LB core. It's why they're so bad against the run.

And CC Brown. The guy just sucks.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I only recognize Delmas as their playmaker in the secondary.....the other 3 starters are JAGs, imo.

But you're right...their LBs stink too....although, Levy is pretty good....but he can't stay healthy.

EDIT: right..Alphonso Smith has also worked out for Lions too.....

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

6.5 sacks doesnt win games. yes very impressive, but it doesnt make you win..

isnt there some odd stats before last sunday THAT rb's were averaging 8yards a carry up the middle on the Lions?

4. DisgruntledLionFan

I assume starting 5 different MLBs in 7 games has something to do with that.

5. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

Agreed DLF. The Linebackers have been really bad at tackling especially. If you get through the DL you can expect a minimum of 6-7 yards against the Lions. Hopefully Levy being back will help drop that number.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Revis on Calvin Johnson, Cromartie on Burleson. Rest of D is fine.

Ground n pound, air it out when need be.

This game needs to be Jets football.

Since December 30, 2007, the Lions are 2-0 against the Redskins, and 2-36 against the rest of the league.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

lol

i forgot their 1 win was against the redskins that year

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They're still a much improved team over that 0-16 year even if the record doesn't show it. And they really should have 1 more win - that Calvin Johnson non-TD was horse shit. They have a good young QB, a great WR, the best DT in the NFL and a good coaching staff.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

[​IMG]

10. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

How good is the Jets D with screens and dump offs? The Lions, at least under Hill, loved to dump off to the TEs. Stafford didn't do that as much against the RedSkins, but I don't know if you can take one game and draw too much from it.

11. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

BTW, we'd love is someone from here would jump over to MotownSports.com and hit the Lions forum and give us a break down of the Jets.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They've been swarming to the ball this year, our rush D is great and a screen pass is a gloried rush so they've been stuffing them.

I can't remember 1 play this year where a screen pass gained any significant yardage.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know what your point is. They are not horrendous anymore. They are better than their 0-16 roster and better than their 2-14 team last year for sure. The Jets should still be able to handle them. I am not saying take the week off and show up at Ford Field. Haha. The Jets will have to prepare.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You made a post stating the Lions are 2 for 9million against the rest of the NFL outside the redskins since '07. You were obviously implying they're awful by providing that stat. My response was intended to disagree with the idea that they're an awful team. Next time I'll use crayons.

15. MadBacker Prime

Can you use green? I think it would be perfect for a Jets message board ya know?

16. DisgruntledLionFan

The Lions are capable of beating anyone. Seriously.

They're also capable of getting blown out by anyone.

The more relevant stat is that they're 2-1 in their last three games and have gotten better each week. If Shaun Hill doesn't snap his forearm bracing himself on a hit below the knees, then it's quite possible they could have beaten the Giants. Not likely, but possible.

17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

I agree with the beating anyone/ getting blown out by anyone comment.

Weird team in that sense.

And really they're a 3-4 team not a 2-5.
    Disagree about the giants game though. Your backup backup qb played better than hill lol

18. MadBacker Prime

True, you beat the Rams who are average to below average and the Skins who are average and for some reason pulled their QB.

I think the Lions are headed in the right direction but gauging a team outside of our division I look at their division record, those are usually the toughest games.

The Lions are 0-3 in their division but you did play the Packer well before that gets brought up.

19. DisgruntledLionFan

They also got stuck playing all three of their division road games in the first month of the season. Not exactly an easy schedule for a young team trying to find its way.

And at worst, I'll call the Bears' game a tie.

20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

I think this comes down to 1 thing.

Like someone mentioned , Matt stafford is going to have a helluva difficult time against our defense.

Our style of the 3-4 is going to confuse the shit out of him bc it's not something they're used to. givn the fact he's started what...11-12 games maybe...I don't think he's going to be prepared for the looks we give him. he has at least 2, maybe three turnovers. couple of picks and a fumble

I fully expect Rex Ryan to go back to bringing the heat on 3rd down. Stafford can't beat the blitz like a Brady or Rodgers