jets tried to trade up...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by lobacz87, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Draft the 100% Chinese Guy from VT!

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I have a hard time believing they will release Faneca. Maybe it's another smokescreen, like "we are interested in Spiller" or "we're going DE" or "Kerry Rhodes will still be around. We are very good about doing excatly the opposite of what is speculated by the media and what comes out of Tanny's mouth.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yeah whatever. wasnt listening to it while i was typing. buncha calls.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I hate it that NE has 3 2nd round picks and there are ton of prospects worthy of 1st round picks.

5. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Do we have confirmation on the 100% Chinese part?

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I agree, it would make sense to have a transition period where the rookie can learn from spending a season working with Pro Bowl veteran, and have a top notch replacement if said Pro Bowl veteran suffers an injury mid-season, which is increasingly likely as he ages.

7. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Collecting draft picks is the best lesson Belichick ever learned from Parcells, and that's why the Patriots will always be playoff contenders while he's in charge.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm guessing Sanchez hates him the most.

9. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

The 5.25 guaranteed really doesnt make a difference to anything except Tanny's pocket. If they have plans to release him in either of the next 2 years with the much guaranteed money on his contract then they much rather do it this year without a cap rather than next year.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

next year he is MUCH more cap friendly to cut, like cost us 1.5 million next year and save us 5 instead of vice-versa.

I think they were shopping Faneca because they expected Iupati to be the guy. Now that we have Wilson Faneca will be back because we don't have anybody who could step in and play up to his potential. Since we only save 1 million its not worth it...

If you remember the Pete Kendall disaster started over 1 million, one has to think Tanny learned something from that don't you?

11. ........

........ Trolls

That was my point. Trading him is one thing, but releasing him? Makes no sense financially.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well thank god....... I was disappointed when the Bronco's moved up to reach bigtime for Tebow. That really sucked balls because the Bills were hot for him like ben after drunk college girls. I had been reading that they were going to bet the farm and had a deal worked out with the Jets.

Now that doesn't mean I don't like Wilson. However, an extra second and a 1st or any other cool combination of extra picks would have been orgasmic. After all, this FO has a great recent track record.

But another trade up.............. thank the lord that didn't happen it worked out fine.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Why? The only money that remains on the cap if he leaves next season is the pro-rated portion of his signing bonus...a whopping $1.6 million. Guess what? It's possible that a new CBA would force that money onto the cap whether he's cut this year or next.

And why would the 5.25 come out of Tanny's pocket? Do you know something about team ownership that I don't? I very much doubt Woody views it as "no big deal" to shell out an additional $5 million dollars to someone no longer on his roster. I'm sure they'll seek a trade this season. Barring that, it makes very little sense to cut him right now.

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, this really is a deep draft. We will still trade up to get our guy. I think a second 2nd rounder would have been great.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If Graham or Thomas fell out of the top 20 I think we would have traded up for him

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I bet we go Dline, and move Slauson to LG when we release Faneca. I'll make a vbet on it if you want...

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

people dont pay up
    lynx still owes me from the epic mets cards game
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1673806&postcount=264
    Lynkx
    TheGangGreen.com Fanatic

vCash: 250

You're on.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Hell no. Ed Wang gives up sacks left and right. He was actually a TE his freshman year if you can believe that. I remember one game in 2008 where Wang gave up sacks on back to back plays and he never even touched the defender- the guy just ran right by him.

And I believe he is 100% Chinese, his mom was in the Olympics for something.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I wonder if Callahan was making similar comments to Rex and Tannenbaum last year.

20. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I don't really get whats so great about trading down. These teams were only picking up an extra 4th round pick to trade down. Id rather have the more legit guy over just picking up an extra 4th round pick.