Jets trading for Haason Reddick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, everyone loves pissing away draft picks. Right up until the point where we draft and then everyone asks why our draft classes routinely suck.

REVISion, Nyjets4eva and Kronoking like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Who wanted to bargain shop at LT, RT, and WR? The only bargain shopping at those positions I recall was Douglas doing it last year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So you’re complaining about the bargain shopping and complaining about the big swings. Sounds like a keyboard GM if I’ve ever heard one.

NOVAJET, Hemi and Nyjets4eva like this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Someone else said it, but it's very possible Huff wanted to leave in free agency. He never really made it appear staying with the Jets was something he was remotely interested in.

5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The draft classes sucking have nothing to do with the amount of picks it has to do with the people picking them.

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

It’s about allocation of resources. The jets were sitting with an asset in Huff, and not only did they lose the asset for nothing, they somehow ended up in the negative by giving up additional resources in the 2/3 round pick. It’s like having a rental property asset, losing it for free to a squatter, and then spending your own money to then buy another rental property. It’s a 14 point swing.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Some of you guys will never be happy. It was a crazy steal of a trade if you look at the details.

Sent from my genius mind.

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The bills are worse than they were last year

9. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The trade itself is solid. The moves leading up to it are questionable, especially losing Huff. That said, I don't think this is a negative reflection on MacDonald at all. Huff and Lawson are gone, and even Clemons took snaps at edge last year. Now all those snaps can go to WMD and Reddick.

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

But they only lost 1 starter!

Guy is delusional

Sent from my genius mind.

11. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Amazing trade. Not sure what anyone is saying. This guy is a beast. He’s better than Huff too. By a lot.

12. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Very durable as well. Has played 114 out of 115 games and the only game he missed was for Covid.

JetFanInNE and NOVAJET like this.
  13. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Some fans have such short memories.

2023 offseason - C'mon guys. Who cares about having to give up a couple positioning spots in the draft and multiple 2nd round picks to a team that needed to move a massive QB salary on a old guy who with no other outside interest. WE GOT AARON RODGERS BABY!

2024 offseason - C'mon guys. Are we trading up to get the better tackle we traded out of drafting last year, or trading down to get a second round pick back?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is a wild reach. Aaron Rodgers got hurt. It’s not like he stunk. Odds are nobody would give a single shit about the minimal draft compensation we gave up to get him if he stayed healthy for even 75% of the year. So yeah, I don’t have it in me to get my panties in a bunch over a 2026 3rd round pick.

I mean say that out loud. 2026 3rd round pick. Pretend it wasn’t the team you love to complain about that just traded it away. Would you give a shit?

NYJalltheway, JetFanInNE and NOVAJET like this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Exactly, they viewed him as a SPR. My understanding is that Huff wanted to be an every down player and it just wasn't what this regime needed and he played the run poorly. Also, the guy had 3.5 sacks by the trade deadline and last year was the 1st that he exceed that number so... there is that too.

Also, this is a very good move, very good. The guy is a stud and if he can help Mc, so much the better. Frankly, we are a better team with him then Huff.

#96 SOJAZ, Mar 29, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Meh

The Eagles have been back loading his contract and now they dumped him because he was their highest cap hit at 21 million. They save 7 million, and they get a high pick.

The guy stays healthy so this move will cost a 2nd. If for some reason he's not, it will be a thrown away 3rd. He had better stats than Huff because he played twice as many snaps, and it only equaled 1 more sack.

So its an all in move because we're going to win the SB. Otherwise its just plain stupid to give up a 2nd for an expensive one year aging player. He also cost 5 million more than we have, which means he will need a new contract that pushes a lot more money into the future. The worst thing we can do is give him a large multi year contract that back loaded. He is to close to the cliff. The good news is the Eagles still owe him 14 million in bonuses so maybe he will sign a reasonable deal?

We all better enjoy this season because its shirt sighted moves like this that are going to make the rest of 20s painful. I feel sorry for whoever takes over for JD.

#97 ouchy, Mar 29, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

sounds like you’re closer to the cliff than he is. Such a bad take here and I can understand not liking it but you are going off the deep end. So now you know he’s going to all of a sudden lose a step like he’s in his mid 30s or something. He has never missed a game and is a damn good player. For a third rounder in 3 years…please man back off that cliff

BradysTornACL likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not near a cliff. I don't really care. This is just my objective evaluation.

You said yourself he has never missed a game so quit calling it a 3rd - its a 2nd. If it stays a 3rd it means it was a bust.

Yeah, lets throw a big contract at a 30 year old. That type of move has never gone south on us.

The concern is we are stealing considerable resources from the future for so many short term moves like this.

Is it worth it? In my opinion, no.

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

only if he gets 10 sacks or plays 67% of the snaps...period. That will not happen with the rotation that the has

Borat likes this.