Jets to hire Tony Sparano as Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 10, 2012.

1. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

At least now we can all wear our sunglasses at the night games and it will be viewed as acceptable

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Uhh double posty

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Paul Hackett or GTFO

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]X2LTL8KgKv8[/YOUTUBE]

5. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

Oh, and I'd expect the Jets to bring in free agent Chad Henne to compete with Mark Sanchez now.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If Jackson doesn't get a legitimate shot at this job, it's getting time for Tannenbaum to go to. How can he not recognize the need to develop Sanchez properly

7. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

He's a good coach,and he'll get the best out of your players, more adaptable than given credit. your offense will be the least penalized team in the league..He was the offensive coordinator for the cowboys for one year, their offense had one of the finer statistical years..I think he provides good leadership, and a nice contrast to your head coach...I wouldn't be suprised to see him become your head coach if Ryan can't get it done..Perfect interim coach to find out if he won the players over, which I feel if he gets that chance, the players will respond.

#47 DJphinfan, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]umDr0mPuyQc[/YOUTUBE]

9. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Is Sparano definately getting the job??

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'll bet this is Rex's hire and the man deserves to have the OC he wants to run the kind of offense he wants.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate on this one and say a Sparano hiring for OC may be the best thing that's happened since Rex was brought on board. Play-action is going to be the norm now and that has to help with the protection issues, since linebackers will be frozen for a second and less likely to get a quick step into the backfield.

I'd like to see what Sanchez does with an offense that attacks the middle the way this one likely will.

11. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Tony will bring some much needed professionalism and toughness to the team.

His players never quit on him in Miami.

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Hue Jackson would be a better personality fit I think. Tired of all the inter division swap my trash for your trash a fresh face is what the organization needs. Not a rival who for years bad mouths your team then is apart of it ala Jason Taylor. Don't we learn from our mistakes.

13. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

I don't think thats true, when Pennington was ready, one arm hanging by a shred, he benched Henne when HE was actually carrying his weight more than the rest of the team, Henne was the scapegoat, and most of us knew it..

He can win with a good game manager..Your skill players will gain the extra yardage, he might be somewhat conservative in approach, but with better skill players, the offense will look better, more explosive.

14. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

You guys were looking to get rid of Schotty Jr as he didnt develop Sanchez and Jets brass thinks Tony can do it?

Have they not being paying attention in their own division???

15. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I'd like to see us get down the field more often next season.

16. perfectpackage99

our QB totally sucks, so we need to run more, not a bad choice for OC.

17. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

The Cowboys did have a pretty good offense in 2006...

18. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

I dont get all the hate for the potential Sparano hiring. He gets players to play for him while still keeping them disciplined, something Rex has had trouble with. I think this will lead to a more balanced locker room which in my opinion will help in a big way. Also people keep talking about how conservative he has been but he wont be making those 4th down calls Rex will. And last.......GROUND AND POUND IS BACK! How can you not be for that?

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know what to think about this. I guess we're all-in on the ground and pound philosophy while the rest of the league is adjusting to the new rules that allow for 30 year old passing records to be beat by multiple people.

Hopefully FG fist pumper brings something to the table in terms of a modern passing game.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I am hoping Sparano's fist pumping for making it a 1 point game to a 4 point game can turn Nick Folk into Dan Carpenter. Seemed like Carpenter fed off that fist pump.

Likewise the "WE WON ON THIS MYSTICAL TURF!" postgame locker rant after Miami beat Green Bay will be absolutely hilarious during Jets Nation Post Game when the Jets win. That is one of the most funniest rants I have ever seen.