Jets SIGNED LeVeon Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Bell
    Herndon
    Q
    Robbie
    Crowder

Love him or hate him the weapons look so much better with Bell in the list.
    Sam has to make teams pay for stacking the box now.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That is so true. That is a dangerous looking offense. Bell should open up the middle of the field for Q, Herndon and Crowder.

I am hoping we can add some OL pieces in the draft as the OL is the only thing that could hold this offense back.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That’s an outright untrue statement. The contract the player and team agree to allows the team to cut the player. The team is executing the term of the contract the player agrees with. In no way, shape or form is that the team unilaterally tearing up the contract — that is a right of the team in the contract.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It can not be stated enough how much this will help Darnold. Having Bell as a check down is ridiculous

5. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

If Herndon continues to develop into a legitimate threat I am inclined to agree with you.

The value of Bell is so high in between the 20's ( Even though he seems to be damn good on the goal line, such a patient rb). Where I always saw Bells real values are the short dump off's and screens which seem to always lead to first downs regardless of down and distance.

While I do like Q and Robbie I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if the Jets grabbed a few more NFL quality wr's to round out the roster in the event of injury. We cannot have another slump like last year were Burnett (sp?) was out number 1 option outside. Scanning through the list it doesn't seem like there is one available so we will probably have to go to the draft.

Overall, Bell should equal more points which should equal more wins. Time will tell if Gase will be able to handle his me first attitude in the locker.

Noam likes this.
  6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Hope Gase utilizes screen passes often where Bell and Ben did so well. Think it will benefit McGuire really well.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am not sure you understand what the term unilaterally means. The team is unilaterally tearing up the contract.

Yes, the the player and the team entered into a contract and quite often teams decide not to honor that contract and terminate it. Yes, it might be their right but they are still not honoring the contract. Just the opposite the player has the right to holdout and not honor the contract. Iften it is their only leverage in a system where they do not have the freedom to choose their employer or work where they choose. They are disposable parts with a short shelf life who will be thrown away the second they no longer are productive. Once they are done their bodies are damaged, their employment opportunities are limited and their lifespans are drastically shortened.

The simple answer here would be to guarantee contracts and put in protections for both sides to honor these contracts.

9. Falco21

[​IMG]

Pretty cool seeing these two in green and white now!

Royal Tee, NCJetsfan and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Great contract for Bell. Big win for Jets.

11. Falco21

Pretty cool seeing Curtis Martin was heavily involved with recruiting Bell. Bell has always held Curtis Martin in a high regard.

My dawg still putting in work for this franchise!

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I read this morning that Curtis Martin was his idol growing up..I hope he reaches out and gets Bell's mind on the right page before he come in.

lol..we must have been typing that at the same time.

13. FJF

I liked what I saw from Burnett, Bellamy belongs in te league. Add another young wr to develop and the wr Corp isn’t bad at all. Definitely not the black hole it had been.

K'OB likes this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The offense needed an impact player who makes guys around him better. Bell has that ability. There is some risk involved, but with a QB on his rookie deal, it had to be taken.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am hoping Bells presence will result in less third and longs and that Crowder and Bell will help convert a lot of third downs. Pure slot wrs are so hard to cover on third down. Add in Bell as a threat with Herndon and Q and Robbie on medium and deep routes and we will force defense to cover the entire field. I am really excited about this offense.

ColoradoContrails, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If Darnold continues to develop, you can't help but think that the Jets aren't at least in the wild card conversation this year and depending on if the Pats/Brady lose a step maybe even division. If that's the case the Jets may finally be a desirable destination beyond "show me the money."

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. FJF

Interesting stat

NCJetsfan, almbleamal and stinkyB like this.
  18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

You are allowed to say that. But calling him a POS for not reporting when he wasn’t under contract is over the top, imo

PabloJa and FJF like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

As has been the case here plenty of times, some people have a problem separating facts from their opinion and when someone does it for them, they can’t let go of it

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I said he acted like a POS. I didn't call him a POS. Distinct difference. Let's just hope his music is better than Philly Staxx. I am allowed to say that, too, right? I just want to go on record by saying that I'm not arguing. And never did I say that I hope he doesn't work out. That would be self-defeating. I'm just not overly confident that this doesn't turn into a headache. If it doesn't in two years, I won't need my migraine medication, and that's a good thing.

K'OB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.