Jets sign Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 10, 2015.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

They seriously want a 1st round pick docked and an idiot even went on to say they should swap picks in 2016 too? wtf?

2. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

People in Boston are not too bright.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Could you please stop trolling? Everyone already thinks you're an idiot; I have no interest in refuting your nonsense every time you decide to make a post. If you think this Revis deal is a good one for the Jets, you need to have your head examined. It's three years, almost fully guaranteed, 2nd largest non-QB contract in the history of football for a 31 year old cornerback. It's not even close to a reasonable contract or a smart personnel decision.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Makes the Jets a significant improvement in the secondary with 2 CB signings today. Now lets focus on getting another OL, and LB...

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

okay.

Mac made a move that was… well he took an opportunity to improve a position of need when he had. no ill will his was way I can see the logic even if this goes awry.

I realize I've been judging this move in a vacuum based in principle rather than pragmatism.

thinking more in the now than in a bubble:

this is a deal that theoretically solves our issues at CB for the foreseeable future, health permitted. *knocks on wood*

the market has kind of caught up to Revis's asking price relative to his resume and free agency didn't yield another upper caliber answer like him.

we can cut DR year 3 and get cap savings back. thats not so bad.

we also have another young bunch of CB's waiting in the wings, Buster (who might have his hands full if he really is our 2nd CB) has potential. dexter and dee dee are not done just yet. williams is interesting. we might have a replacement/compliment ready to go in 2017.

and this helps us reach our spending quota.

so really while I'm wary of our paying a CB of this age this much in a short window on a building team with the threat of him holding out hanging over our heads (god I dread that day) I will concede it was a good move by Mac that will help the team.

so long as the BS from 2012 doesn't show up *knocks on wood*

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

They're undeniably stupid in believing the loss of any meaningful draft pick is supported logically, but the NFL of recent years is about as unsound in their decision making as those Pats fans are in their thought process. I'm definitely concerned that the league is going to do something dumb.

Jake likes this.
  7. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

I love how they are all so shocked by this.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Hahah wow that's embarrassing... most of them are dumbasses demanding our first round pick, also find it hilarious that they think that their owners buttbuddy goodell is in the Jets pocket but this takes the cake :

See, on it's face I'm tempted to say that what the Jet's owner said was no more than a throwaway comment at a press conference and wasn't a big deal at all. That's what I really think.

Buuuuut.....like you say, if the situation was reversed and BB or Kraft said something about a Jets' player, I actually can see there being an outcry for some sort of retribution against NE. So from that perspective, while I don't believe that the Pats are owed anything for the Revis situation, I would be upset if they weren't at least awarded a mid-round pick for it. And I think that would be the right thing for the league to do to prevent future comments from team management regarding players under contract to other teams. It's not necessarily about malicious intent or causation in THIS particular case, but if they are concerned about tampering (and the press release this week indicates it's not, like, totally off their radar), then at least act on an actionable offense.

#348 74, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Royal Tee likes this.
  9. devronnyj

devronnyj Active Member

pats fans are a joke. they really beleive that the league has it out for them its completely opposite

Royal Tee likes this.
  10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The "tampering" Woody did was so minor that anything greater than a fine would be a crime against humanity.

Revis is getting paid an absurd amount.

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I am so glad I kept those Revis jerseys. My favorite Jet of all time back. Very happy about this!

Poeman and NYJets17 like this.
  12. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Beep....beep....beep.......

13. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

You should be happy, he's truly a great player.

I'll say this about the Jets' new management, they really don't kid around. Wheeling and dealing.

I'm really curious as to who they're going to bring in at QB... and a little worried.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I would not reward them a mid round pick outright, I think taking draft picks away hurts these college kids from getting a payslot. Now swapping draft picks on the other hand negates this.

At worst you swap 4th round draft picks and give NE the Jets original 7th round draft pick. Anything more is a joke.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Worried? Man the Pats have won enough...Soon enough I hope they lose for decades once Brady is gone lol

16. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Man, I really hate Revis for signing with the Pats. But what can I do? Root against him? I don't think so. Get it done, Revis Island.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

video made by the nfl just now watch till the end !

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao!!

Tampering hahahaha!!!

Woody said he'd love to have Revis back. Every fuckin owner in this league would love to have Revis.

So stupid

19. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Asstroll

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If what Woody said was tampering then Rex tampered at least 20 times in press conferences while he was here. How many times did he say something along the lines of:

"Shoot, we'd love to have Aaron Rodgers, but we've got to play with the players we've got"