Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

the Oline actually isn't that bad, believe it or not Sanchez time to sack is relatively league average

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Those statistics are not good statistics to go by because they assume that all teams face equal situations.

I'd argue that at a minimum both guards need to be replaced... Howard has been serviceable enough to keep him around for another year but I think a long term replacement needs to come down eventually... and finally the Jets need to take a good hard look at Brick... his play has deteriorated since Faneca left... perhaps replacing Slauson will fix this, or maybe Brick just isn't living up to his contract... either way if he doesn't get better the oline and the QB will continue to suffer.

3. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

It's not my job to intuit your meaning. When you say 'relative' in a discussion comparing Sanchez to his peers, I assume you mean -- derp -- relative to his peers. If you mean relative to his own past, you need to explicitly state that.

You've also pigeon-holed the anti-Sanchez argument. That's certainly not my argument. On the contrary, my argument is that Sanchez has always been bad and is simply being exposed now that his supporting cast isn't good enough to carry his poor individual performances to team success.

If you're following, that means we agree. With better receivers (like we had in '09, '10, and '11), Sanchez probably would be putting up more passing yardage -- like he did in '09, '10, and '11 (ranks: 23rd, 16th, 15th). And yet, like in '09, '10, and '11, he'd still probably rank amongst the worst QBs in the league in measures of passer efficiency such as passer rating, completion percentage, and yards per attempt.

4. catfish

catfish New Member

I think you are better off with an explosive WR, keeping 5 pro-bowl players on the line isn't realistic. The reality is this line is league average, continuing to try to improve it when you have spots that are below average is a waste of time.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't care what the majority consensus is on this issue, this was a situation that was just waiting to happen. Everyone could foresee this happening as soon as the Jets, of all teams, decided to trade for Tim Tebow.

There was nothing to be gained from a move like this and a following that Tim Tebow has was the last thing that would have benefited this team as a whole. We already had a major locker room issue prior to this season, and that locker room could not afford to have a player like Tim Tebow come into the fold, but he did.

There is only one good possible thing that could come from Tim Tebow being on this team and the only beneficiary from a move like this comes in the form of Woody Johnson. I don't care how you try to spin it, it is, what it is.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

More than likely he's accounting for any TE on that side that is blocking, as well as any RB that missed their assignment. Add to that Slauson / King Ugly and you got too much to handle for Brick. Both guard spots should be replaced definitely, as well as the RT position later down the road (not so much this draft). LG and RG are big issues. If we want to run the football ever again, those two positions need better players. Rebuild the trenches, then build outwards to the skill positions.

#366 101GangGreen101, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. xxedge72x

League average offensive lines don't win Super Bowls.

One trait of great QBs is they generally get a day and a half to stand in the pocket and make a decision.

It's not an individual sport.

As a unit, a top of the league oline is more important than any other unit on the team.

Also, the Jets decline has directly correlated to the decline of the oline.

8. xxedge72x

Agreed. I haven't been happy with his play but he's clearly not the only one getting beat so I'm looking at it from more of a big picture perspective.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

This is rock bottom, Jets fans should be ashamed, and the credible players in that locker room and in the Jets organization should be ashamed.

You never do this to a teammate, nobody.

10. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Rotoworld

Responding to anonymous Jets players ripping Tim Tebow in a New York Daily News article, coach Rex Ryan insisted he's happy Tebow is a Jet, but that "we never brought him on here to be the starting quarterback."
    "I absolutely wanted Tim here," Ryan claimed. "His hard work is paying off. I think he is improving fundamentally." That must not appear to be the case in practice, as there would otherwise be no reason for the Jets not to turn to Tebow over an embarrassingly bad Mark Sanchez. Playing his worst football since his rookie year in 2009, Sanchez sports a 70.4 QB rating, 6.3 YPA, 10:9 TD:INT ratio and 52.0 completion percentage through nine games. If the Jets aren't willing to turn to Tebow now, it's fair to say his acquisition was little more than a publicity stunt that's spectacularly backfired.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Mark Sanchez's contract is driving this decision?

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so is tebow just a pariah in the locker room? those of you that went to training camp or that pay alot of attention to the sidelines, did you see him being an outcast or nobody really communicating with him or was he just another one of hte guys?

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

its pretty pathetic. especially after rex and MT coming out and saying they were going to change the culture in the locker room.

not only was tebow bashed, but one of the quotes trashed our wideouts saying that most college teams have better receivers.

mcelroy was also trashed in some of the quotes.

pretty horrible. especially most being anonymous. cowards. nto ot mention as bad as this team played people shouldnt be pointing the finger at others

14. jerseyjay14

well doesnt that say something on its own?

sanchez being terrible doesnt make tebow better. but it does make tebow an option. how much worse can tebow really be?

if we start tebow, he turns it over 3 times, we dont score a point and we lose 31-0, is that really any worse then sanchez sucking, turning it over twice and us losing 28-7 with 0 offensive points?

15. jerseyjay14

exactly... if i have to choose between 2 terrible quarterbacks, give me the one who doesnt turn it over.

16. jerseyjay14

i dont see how you can blame this on the tebow trade when we had the same issue last year(tons of anonymous sources bashing sanchez when he sucked)

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

And the DRAMA begins. So depressing on so many levels.

18. jerseyjay14

i dont see how sanchez can come back and start after a 5 win season where he was the 32nd ranked qb in the league. $17M contract or not.

19. jerseyjay14

improve to what? slighlty terrible instead of really terrible? he has been awful every season

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tebow threw 6 INT's and fumbled the ball 13 times (lost 6) in 11 starts last year. That's not exactly "not turning it over". That's turning it over more than once per game and being lucky it wasn't more.