Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

from what was reported by Steve young all his mechanics problems at this point are lower body. Steve thinks he can fix it if he realizes that it is a legit problem, but I agree, with a smaller contract, and once the mania dies down he could be a valuable talent on a team that makes it clear he will not be a QB

2. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I don't understand getting mad at the reporter. The blame lays with the organization. This issue is on Woody, Tannenbaum, and Rex. They had a big problem last year and instead of addressing it properly, they poured gasoline on it with trading for Tebow.

3. General Fan

General Fan New Member

He'll be in king to Gator Nation for the rest of life. Don't discount it. They're everywhere. They still love Spurrier while playing against him every year at a rival school that he's built into a top ten team. Heck, I still see Danny Wuerfel commercials here in Miami once in a blue moon.

Tim's also got that Christian thing working for him as well. I presume that's even larger than Gator Nation.

4. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I think he ends up in Jacksonville and plays the role he was expected to play here -- basically the Brad Smith role plus he gets to be the back-up QB and take over whenever the starter is playing like crap / gets hurt / etc.

I also don't think you're right about him as a back-up QB. I think plenty of teams would take him as a 2nd string guy if he came in with the understanding that he would not start short of injury. He would make sense as a back-up behind a mobile QB with enough job security to keep Tebow media at bay. Somewhere like Carolina or Tampa.

5. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

If he ever fixed his passing - I always thought he would be a good backup to Big Ben.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Anonymous source reporting is obnoxious and destructive to the team element. A good reporter can say what needs to be said without dragging un-named sources into the picture as Mehta has done several times now.

It's not hard to say that Tebow is problematic to insert as the starter for any number of reasons, including the fact that he doesn't look good in practice - which anybody can and do see on a weekly basis. That he requires a dedicated system that the Jets do not have the time, resources and personnel to implement in mid-season even if it was a good idea to change the system so dramatically for any athlete. That the Jets really had no intentions of playing Tebow much this year when they acquired him in March so there's no reason to think they're likely to make a change now.

All of that could have been said based on what Mehta knows from whatever sources and it probably is all true and not once in the process would it constitute taking a dagger to Tim Tebow, his team mates or even the organization.

Or he could write another hack piece quoting anonymous sources ripping Tebow left, right and center and by extension the locker room, coaching staff and organization, and do more damage to a Jets team that is already in deep trouble.

The kind of stories Mehta has written about the Jets locker room dynamics are the kind that should see the light of day in a decade or two when somebody far removed from the action puts it all together and spins an entertaining tale out of it. Lobbing those same stories into the locker room like a grenade is just trying to make a quick buck out of somebody else's misery.

#206 Br4d, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I love Rex. Especially the old fat Rex. That said, does this happen on a Parcells coached team? In the middle of the season? Hell I dont think this happens on a Buddy Ryan coached team.....

Rex needs to realize he is in charge and make some heads roll.

8. Clovis

Clovis New Member

Anon sources, not time stamped, I am sure that good ole Manish did 30 some odd interviews and phone calls in the last week to put all of this together (sarcasm). Sounds like drumming up crap from the last 4 months to put something on the fire. Selective media hype at its best...Does anyone in the media like the Jets anymore?

9. catfish

catfish New Member

you are on fire today, agree 100%

it appears to me he got 1 or 2 comments from players, then filled out the rest of the article with quotes from "team officials". Team officials I guess being anyone who gets a paycheck from the jets. People could very well be all upset about what 2 players and the head groundskeeper thinks of the talent on the team

10. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I was referring to the game winning drive in the 4th quarter.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

here we go again,last season there were annonomous qoutes about how players didn't belive in Sanchez and Rex lost the locker room , Rex might need to be fired if he loses this locker room again

12. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I honestly feel compelled to call the cops on you.

13. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Now this I believe. I am sure for every one "rip" of Tebow, he asked 10 different questions to 10 different players waiting to get something harsh enough to paint his picture. He definitely went in with an agenda.

But at the end of the day, I highly doubt he's publishing falsified quotes. If you say it to a reporter, it's on you when it ends up in print.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yep. 100% spot on.

15. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

Love the Sanchez apologists- especially Francesca- asking to name one quarterback that has it as hard as Sanchez with tebow sitting right behind him waiting to step in .

I can't take it anymore. Sanchez has had 3 I'm sorry ( thanks to Eli) 4 damn years to get it right and hasn't done anything in any of these years. We wouldn't even be talking about tebow right now if Sanchez had things under control and played the position halfway decent. Sanchez is the main reason tebow is here! The guy makes more money than most quarterbacks in the league- has everyone around him giving excuses for his poor play ( schotty, The o-line, running back, wide receivers, Holmes ( separate issue), hunter, Tebow even the water boy at some point, doctors were probably an excuse by someone at some point ). I just don't get it. Look at all these excuses. If we were on any other team the only excuse would be bad play and his ass would be on the bench. Final

It's about time we are saying, it's Sanchez.

16. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I never trust any story with nothing but anonymous sources

17. catfish

catfish New Member

that's funny. He has it better than every other QB in the NFL, because anyone else who was playing at this level at this point in their career would be on the bench

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This kind of shit will be blown out of proportion just like last years anonymous commentary. We let our players spout off without consequences this is what happens.

It was really cool in 09/10 when they were ending teams' seasons but now there is just a loose cannon culture here. I don't even think it'll affect how they play though, they all support the current starter.

19. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

well at least Sanchez is a red blooded, GQ qb that gets dime pieces when he wants where he wants. The players respect that. That's why they back him cause Sanchez is the unequivocal alpha in that lockerroom. And that's mark of leadership

20. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Sanchez won the locker room. We're going to win out.