Jets reportedly unsure if franchise QB is on their roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 25, 2011.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well put! Schotty has had multiple chances and Sanchez one. Time to see if it was the OC holding the QB back or not

2. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Your grammar leaves plenty to be desired, unfortunately.

3. Mason

Mason New Member

The Jets should be questioning the moves they've made to accommodate our QB.

-Got rid of his favorite target
    -Got rid of our only deep threat
    -Failed to sign a #1 receiver
    -Signed a 34 year old straight out of a 2 year prison sentence to be our #2
    -Look at out putrid receiving corps

and the worst of all

-Retained Schotty

4. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

-Got rid of his favorite target
    he was even worse with braylon #'s don't lie
    -Got rid of our only deep threat
    he was even worse with braylon #'s don't lie
    -Failed to sign a #1 receiver
    How many teams have a legitimate #1 receiver and where exactly can we sign one?
    -Signed a 34 year old straight out of a 2 year prison sentence to be our #2
    still better then what Vinny, Brett Favre and Chad Pennington had to work with
    -Look at out putrid receiving corps
    they were pretty good for the Giants and Steelers, maybe our putrid quarterback changed them? stop acting like he is working with a bunch of undrafted nobody.

#124 jetsown22, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Do you find it hard to hide your random appearances and their 'coincidental' commonality to the appearances of the more helpless brand of Pats troll? Because it is easy to figure out for anyone with access to the TGG search engine.

6. steves850

steves850 Active Member

The fact of the matter statistically Sanchez is improving. Maybe not at the rate we'd all hope, and some games (the ones where he is spending more time on his back than in the pocket) it would appear his decision making is regressing. I won't argue with that. but his completion percentage, TD and rating are all career highs. I don't know if Sanchez is the QB of our future but I think he can be a serviceable QB for a team with the right coaching and OL to protect him.

7. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

lol statistically improving? So if the next ryan leaf comes into the league and 1st year goes 1 for 500 2nd year goes 3 for 500 and 3rd year 5 for 500 thats statistically improving but yet he still sucks? Sanchez improved crappy #'s from crappy #'s forget the stats just watch him play and you will realize he sucks.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of your post. The only thing disconcerting to me is his completion percentage being at 56% 3 years in, particularly this year where it's basically dink and dunk. I'm not blaming Mark for receivers not getting open deep, but how can he be at less than 60% when he rarely throws the ball more than 15 yards downfield?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thanks for the numbers that even you had to look at twelve times to understand before you clicked submit.

Capital.

10. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I'd like to see Mark under a new OC. More diverse playcalling. Also with the cadences at the line............that just needs to stop lol. He draws his own players off.

11. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Since you love me so much and seem to be stalking my posts why don't you fly down from Sweden we can meet up and grab a beer, then you can teach me some grammar.

12. Mason

Mason New Member

Braylon gives us something this offense lacks, and that's a deep threat. He was more reliable than Santonio. Braylon in 2010 in better than Santonio in 2011. I think Braylon is a 1000 yard receiver if we kept him.

How many good QBs don't have a legit #1, and why should we expect our QB to perform with anything less?

First of all, no it's not. Secondly, what is your point?

Plax was good for the Giants 4 years ago. We have him 1 bullet and 2 years in prison later. Not the same guy, that's obvious.

Santonio is currently our #1 receiver, but he was #2 in Pittsburgh, and only had 1 good season at that. He had a 95 reception, 1200 yard Hines Ward taking pressure off of him. Santonio isn't a guy that's going to beat the opposing team's #1 week in and week out.

#132 Mason, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  13. steves850

steves850 Active Member

a-DERP? I'm not sure why I'm responding to you but F it. Sanchez is NOT a Ryan Leaf, he isn't a headcase and he is a serviceable QB, he will never be a Brady or Brees but with the right weapons he can succeed.

Don't get me wrong, I am not the biggest Sanchez supporter, however I blame a lot of Sanchez's shortcomings on Schotty and a one year college career. I really think Sanchez has something special in him. I think if he has the right tools/weapons around him, particularly an elite running game, he'll keep you in the game and occasionally make the 4th quarter play that seals it.

14. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

HAhahah Sanchez isn't a headcase? You don't see him get sacked and then look shaky and play scared for a whole quarter or 2? Thats not a headcase right? Also what other Qb would of called a timeout to leave Brady more then a minute to work with? I wasn't calling Sanchez the next ryan leaf I was saying that just because you improve from horendous #'s to horendous #'s doesn't mean your improving.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Holmes made some big plays last year but if you ask me Edwards was the better player. I just remember how incredible Mark looked in those 3 games after the Ravens loss before Holmes came back. That was probably the best 3 game stretch of his career and he didn't have Holmes for it. I think there was more to the Braylon thing then we know but in waiting for Aso they cost themselves Smith and Edwards and who knows , maybe they still have upgraded the CB position.

16. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Getting frustrated or "shook" isn't the same thing as Leaf's locker room meltdowns. Furthermore, Sanchez doesn't have the ridiculous numbers you naysayer's portray him to have. Again, I would not be against a QB upgrade in any way, but why don't you form an opinion based in reality.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

meh if the source for this is PFT then count me out

18. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

agreed. manning isn't worth a 1st rder for 1 maybe 2 years. 1 good hit could end his career. save the picks and draft a young qb!

19. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

but he's got his millions whether he pans out or not. in the same shoes, you wouldn't have done the same?

me, you can bet your arse i'd have taken the millions!

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Manning is due a HUGH roster bonus so if the Colts decide to part ways it'll be by cutting him therefore he would be a FA.
    That being said,I don't see it happening.