Jets releasing Eric Decker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Garrison Nauman, Jun 6, 2017.

1. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

The Browns won 2 games last year by going into the season with McCown as starter. You really think bringing him on board somehow means we are not tanking? He is backup caliber. That said, I am sure by week 6 or 7 they will turn to the young guys to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not buying that a bad season is going to lead to the firing of Bowles and Mac. If the plan was to move on from them, they'd just bite the bullet and get it over now. They aren't going to be judging Bowles and Mac based on wins this year, and that is a given.

TonyFtLaud, NCJetsfan and Walt White like this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Oh boy... this season is going to be very trying.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Trying to win hasn't gotten us anywhere either. Just do the opposite of what you'd normally do like Costanza, see what happens.

Lmao

5. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I respect the commitment to tanking. You have to give it a shot to finally land the franchise QB. What I don't get is bringing Bowles back for this season. What exactly has he shown to make management want to commit to him for the rebuild? And if the plan is to fire him if this season goes bad (which it will), then why even bring him back in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I doubt he told them to break it down..this is exactly what Idzik did and look at where it got him. Ryan had two really good years and then Idzik came in and cleaned house getting both of them fired. No matter how bad this team tanks unless they get the number one overall pick they won't be getting the #1 QB with cleveland sitting there with two 1s and two 2s.

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hey, who knows? But I'm I'm kinda expecting them both to be around till '18. The butt hurt over Bowles will be epic

8. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of tanking. Every rep or play decker is getting is one less rep or play a young receiver is getting. If the goal is to rebuild you have to get your young players as much experience as possible.

Red Menace, nicg4360 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Just ask the Colts?I'm pretty sure Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins then Andrew Luck.I could be wrong I haven't checked.The one thing I'm sure of is he doesn't have a ring and Peyton does after leaving.

10. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

If these two moves dont silence the "i think we are 9-10 win team" crew then nothing will. Like quite a few of us have been preaching, its a 2-5 win team looking towards the 2018 draft. the season is over before it began. I will watch the jets games this year for bright spots and looking for our future starters, not with the idea that they will win games.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Really makes no difference..the win differential between Decker on the team coming off hip surgery or him not on the team at all is probably 0. They should get rid of Sheldon and Forte now and just play young guys. This year is all about breaking in young guys and drafting a QB.

Longsuffering88, NCJetsfan and IDFjet like this.
  12. Walt White

Nah. Everything is run by Woody first. This is a complete rebuild. It's not solely about the #1 pick.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Tuna on toast,

Jake likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Decker...Going...going...

15. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

I think I'm going to check out some new drinking games while watching the Jets this season.
    This is going to be hard to watch.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well....the front office obviously has a plan.

I just hope they have a Plan B.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You want a youth movement? Well here ya go. I'll be watching plenty of college football this year. Mac and Bowles should have added job security. They can't be lame duck status.

Start from scratch, build a young new core set of great players, and hope it works out.

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Josh McCown is 2-20 in the last 3 seasons and 2 of those teams got the #1 pick. Hes the perfect man for a tank.

almbleamal, hwismer, nicg4360 and 4 others like this.
  19. Walt White

I hear ya. But I'm actually excited to see and observe the rebuild from scratch. It piques my interest and gives me a reason to follow the new players, and the decisions Mac and Bowles will make. I was just about done otherwise.
    Obviously I'll be rooting for them, and hopeful. Stupid me, I'm not convinced they're idiots.

K'OB, Red Menace and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  20. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I've stated before that I really want the Jets to keep Decker, we need him for this young WR corps.
    I understand the Harris move, but I can't really get behind this one. The only encouraging thing is this team saw what we had in OTA's and clearly thought Deckers contract was expendable. I trust MM but we will wait to see how this WR corps performs.

NCJetsfan likes this.