Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

OK so you can read my mind now. What am I thinking at this very moment?

No with Chad and Herm we either never sniffed a playoff spot of exited shortly thereafter. I'm sorry Favre had a late start to camp and was also injured at the end of the year. Maybe you should be blaming the defense and the CS for the collapse. Never heard you even mention that one. Nevermind teams could throw all over the field on us, and we had a QB with an injured arm, that they insisted on forcing to throw, when there was a tandem of healthy backs out there that were capable of gaining yards.

So who has the "agenda"? You must be a real joy to be around haha!

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Based on what? The game was in January, our Favre was done by Thanksgiving week.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Exactly, I can forgive a QB that still moved the ball enough in crunch time to beat a team like this.....twice. In their house no less.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

As clear cut as anyone could say it.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

With an injury to his throwing arm. What, that excuse only works for Chad?

6. Italian Seafood

Time stands still when there's eight months between games.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's irrelevant. Our defense and special teams outplayed Pitt that day. It was our offense that couldn't do shit.

The missed FG's at the end of the 4th quarter wouldn't have even been a factor if your man could have led the O to more than 3 lousy points.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How did Brett attack the Giant defense 2 years ago? They played the 10-6 Giants at HOME. They won the coin toss in OT so he had that for him, the NYG K missed TWO chances to win the game for the Giants and still Brett couldn't lead them to the win.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Well hey, I am always up for a good Chad vs Favre arguement.

IMO Favres leadership was lacking lol

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Wasn't that the year the Giants defeated the undefeated NE Pats for a SB win?

Hmm.

11. Italian Seafood

Ok, so then Favre obviously doesn't "smoke" a 15-1 Pittsburgh team on the road. Point proven.

Pennington at least managed the game with his injury to line us up for two game winning kicks, too bad he's not the kicker. The evidence we have of the injured, late-season 2008 Favre is that Troy Polamalu would still be running back INTs and we get blown out.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Or maybe the CS goes run heavy. Maybe?

13. WhiteShoeWillis

He led the Packers offense to way more points than chad did against that steelers team. He also led them to more points than the most prolific offense in the history of the nfl scored on them 2 weeks late.r

14. nyjunc

I do not need to read your mind, I can read your posts.

The D and STs were put in bad spots b/c our "legendary" QB kept turning the ball over. Favre cost us our season.

This is too funny.

But Brett is a warrior, isn't he? Brett at 80-90% should still be better than the awful Chad, right?

against the NUMBER 1 Defense in the NFL on the ROAD.

The missed FGs were factors, just like they were for the Giants 2 years ago. Unfortunately Pitt didn't have a Fvare to throw away the game for us.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Pittsburgh also gave up the least amount of Passing TDs in the NFL that year. I'm not really sure how Pennington played poorly. He even nearly threw a 45 yard TD strike that was knocked away at the last second by a Pitt DB by luck.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

So putting up 3 points is supposed to be good enough because it was the #1 defense in the NFL? It doesn't matter, he needs to lead the offense to points. This is why I hate Chad, he cannot attack the top defenses and people defend him like 3 points is enough. gtfoh

17. nyjunc

Yep, the 10-6 Giants.

At home against a 10-6 team he had multiple chances to win. Unlike Chad his kicker didn't miss 2 kicks it was the opposing kicker who missed 2 kicks AND he had the ball in his hands in OT but of course he set up the giants for the win w/ the INT.

To recap:

Chad sucked against the NFL's #1 D and a 15-1 team on the ROAD when we had our K miss 2 makeable FGs for the win.

Brett was great at HOME against a 10-6 team whose D was 17th in points and 7th in yards despite watching the opponent miss 2 chances at GW FGs and getting the ball to begin OT.

I got it:up:

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Hahah right! Favre put the D and ST in bad spots in the NE game right? Dude, give it up. Trust me, I think you KNOW what I'm thinking.

Chad had Curtis Martin to rely on, which Herm, oddly enough, knew how to use. Mangini and Schotty called far more passing plays than they should have, with an injured QB. Far more.

You can't ignore facts. Well, maybe you can, but the rest of the football watching free world can't and hasn't.

Here's a life tip for you: Obscure opinions don't make you an expert.

19. nyjunc

Our K had TWO chances to win, sometimes the O will sputter especially against a great D. He was badly hurting but he we were in the game. if that was Favre he throws 3-4 INTs and we never have a chance to go to OT.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

Keep talking about rankings. That giants defense was ferocious in the playoffs and you know it. Chad might have put up 3 points against that defense. You would have defended him though.