Jets Release CJ Uzomah

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are right that it was a terrible signing and an absolute no brainer to release him, but the restructure didn't matter. JD didn't give him a single extra penny guaranteed as a result of the restructure. It was just moving the money around. He saved CAP space for that year and yes as a result you have to give up CAP later. The fuck up was made the second he signed him to a two year guaranteed money, the restructuring itself did not add to that fuck up at all even if the guy stinks and we all knew it.

Basically it does not matter whether the guy sucks or not, as long as money is guaranteed and you are not adding to it, the restructure is purely an accounting/CAP machination exercise. JD needed some CAP room that year, so he just freed up CAP space at the expense of next year. It has nothing to do with Uzomah sucking, it's pure accounting at that point. Now, using that CAP money on likes of Lazard, Duane, Cobb, Hardman, Cook, Turner, etc, is a different story, and a very brutal one...

ouchy likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, bringing in almost ANY pass catcher (Mims, Moore, Hardman, Cobb, Lizzard, Uzama) when you don't have a pass-thrower is almost certain to end in disappointment. Can't help but wonder how many of these guys would of been Pro bowlers if Rodgers had been our QB the last 3-4 years....

wewantsapp likes this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Look at your avatar my guy

Sent from my genius mind.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am glad we are cutting the dead weight.

I was sure they would kick the can on Tomlinson to save cap space this year even thought cutting him loose was the smart move.

Maybe there is some hope.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Like still owing Lazard 18 million in guaranteed money.

Borat, James Hasty and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Damn I knew I was forgetting someone.

Footballgod214 and ouchy like this.
  7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Cool. Well, when we draft George Jetson you let me know :D

8. NYJalltheway

He's a little too old, and didn't participate at the combine, but maybe take a flier on Leroy on day 3, and develop him.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They're just making room for Kenny Yeboah. He's another guy that could take the inline reps.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The good news is that only 10 mil guaranteed is left. The bad news is that we had him count against that CAP only 3 mil, which actually paying 12 last year, so we are behind by 9 mil in CAP, plus the 10 mil this year, that's 19 mil left in CAP that we are still on the hook for. And that for someone who can be replaced by a PS guy. Brutal.

wewantsapp and ouchy like this.
  11. NYJalltheway

I know Lazard was a huge disappointment year 1, however IF Rodgers stays healthy, I could see a solid role for him as the WR3 and get 600 yards. He's just not a WR2.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Save cap space AND get rid of a player who isn't helping.

Win-win.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He just made the team tonight!!!!

[​IMG]

All offseason both here on TGG (created a thread about my top 10 favorite players and he was 1 of my top 10 most underrated) and also on a different Jets forum I've been posting his 2020 Ole' Miss statistics, his highlight videos vs. both Florida and ALABAMA and absolutely RAVING about this kid throughout the entire offseason and then tonight?!?!?

Dude made me proud.

4 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 2 TDs including a game saving HAIL MARY MIRACLE IN THE MEADOWLANDS (preseason) TD!

This kid wanted it more than anyone out there on the field today and completely redeemed himself from that game 1 fumble.

I remember after his fumble I told everyone to give him a chance and to not quit on a talent like his and all while doing so many fans were screaming to "cut him" and to "release him" and I kept asking why? Because a Rookie made a mistake during his first ever NFL game?

And then I took to Twitter and had a 30 minute war vs. angry fans who were attacking him on Twitter so what did I do? I defended him. I kept posting his Ole Miss stats and highlight videos and what did Kenny Yeboah do?

This young man went out of his way the next morning to say THIS to me... What a humble dude he is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He thanked me 2x for my support of him and i cant wait for our next conversation because I've believed in him since day one and it's a good feeling to know he appreciated the support and went out of his way to inbox message and thank me. He's going to become a Jets household name and an NFL star @ TE.

This kid is the definition of why you don't throw angry pitchforks at a Rookie due to ONE PRESEASON MISTAKE.

Savatage, ouchy and abyzmul like this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Somehow after all this time I just noticed the part where he tells Kenny Yeboah that he's on his lunch break and has to go back to work. Gotta make those moneys for my babydaughter.

#34 abyzmul, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  15. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it Elroy?

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

pimpin ain't easy

17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I get this move, it makes sense moving forward with Ruckert and Conk has one year left on his deal. I bet they draft a TE in the later rounds as well.

18. NYJalltheway

You're right lol. I was so close!

JetFanInNE likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I wont lie.... this post scares me...

20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I knew it.