Jets' Really Blew 3rd round Of Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, May 19, 2006.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Brandon Moore is a lock to start and Kendall is 32. We also signed Teague who can play center and guard and Mangold can move over and play guard or center. We also signed a couple of FA OL men and there will also likely to be cuts during training camp that allow us to pick up an additional guard or OT and turn Jones into a player who can swing OT and OG.

2. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Guaranteed us a playoff spot? First of all-in the NFL there are no guarantees, especially considering the Jets were 4-12 last season and your talking about 2 guys in the 3rd round

3. Buttle

Buttle New Member

I wouldn't say that Moore is a lock to start. There is a good chance that Mangold might beat him out for the RG spot with Teague starting at center. There has been a lot of speculation as to Mangold and Moore fighting for the RG spot this just as there has been of Mangold and Teague battling for the center spot with Moore remaining at RG. While we will know little information as to what is planned until camp starts both scenarios are realistic possibilities.

#83 Buttle, May 22, 2006
    Last edited: May 22, 2006
  4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Personally I'm not a big fan of Moores but he is signed at the right price and the reality of the salary cap world is you need some players who aren't over priced who are adequate. Moore is one of those guys.

5. Buttle

Buttle New Member

I agree everyone can't be a star and a team needs to be made up of many if not mainly role players. I don't like Moore either but nor I am a fan of Teague. If I had a choice I woudl rather have Mangold at center and start Moore. But if Mangold plays RG and Moore sits it might be indication of their plans to draft a guard next year or maybe a belief that Katnick can be a starter. I like the second scenario as well. ut eitehr way I agree with your last statement. :)

#85 Buttle, May 22, 2006
    Last edited: May 22, 2006
  6. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

No way Manigold beats out Moore at guard !!!!:breakdance:

7. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

What makes you say that? Moore has not been anything more then servicable at G. Mangold could easily beat him out. I'm hoping he starts at C, though, and not G.

8. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I hope Manigold starts at center also, but I can't see how he can beat out Moore....on the experience factor alone. Moore, although only a so-so player, should be getting a bit better for the next few upcoming seasons...since he is relatively new at his position & is a young player. (Remember....Moore switched over to offense from defense). Mangold on the other hand is smaller than Moore & his recent experience has been at center.

9. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I would think that if Moore does get beat out for the job that it will be by Teague, not Mangold.
    Teague has that experience already of playing multiple positions in the NFL. I dont think that the Jets would mess with Mangold already.
    Either he starts at center or is a backup but gets plenty of playing time to take over. Not start the season at guard and then flip to Center mid-season or next.