Jet's QB Picks....This Is Hard To Believe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 2, 2023.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The QB position is clearly and organizational issue. The Jets continue to waste talent

Take a look at Kenny Picket and then Steelers. An elite club from the top down who develop the signal caller, instead of anointing him.

Zach, Sam, Geno and Mark came in and we’re handed the keys before they were ready.
    We need a legit veteran option. Not clowns like Josh Mccowen and Slow Joe

every miss sets the franchise back 3-4 years

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not that it guarantees anything, but it should give pause to all those who proclaim that Zach sucks and will never be a good QB.

I had stupidly assumed that Douglas had hired people who knew how to develop a QB when he invested the #2 overall pick on Zach. It's clear he didn't. And let's not overlook the difference having Pedersen as TL's coach over the previous guy made in one year.

Yes, much of the "secret" to QB success lies in coaching. The Jets haven't had any good offensive minds in decades.

red75bronco and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  3. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

That is a very fair point. Zach might blow, but if he had a Shanny, Daboll, or even a Pederson coaching him they would get a lot more out of him instead of what we have seen from MLF, and Saleh.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's an analyst on a bunch of sports networks.

I guess coaching ain't his thang...

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

We can't even say Zach blows. Maybe he does, but he might well not. IMO he would be at least serviceable with good coaching, and possibly even more than that. If he remains on the Jets and no coaching changes are made we probably won't find out.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  6. JETFUEL1580

Yeah I said he "might" blow. I have serious issues with his mechanics or like there of. I was watching some of his BYU footage and he did the same things and got away with them on a much lower level of course. I don't know if that shit can be coached out of him honestly, some guys are just what they are. But yes I agreed with you that a true offensive minded proven coach could get more out of Zach or hide his limitations better at least.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Daniel Jones only threw for 300yds twice this year. He’s not really lightning it up as a QB other than winning games as the starter and running the football.

It’s all coaching and being able to win winnable games, and much weaker schedule than the Jets and entire AFC East.

8. JETFUEL1580

He's shown that he can start and win in this league, and $30 million is the minimum was my point. Jones is young, and can run really well. Teams will also look at the fact that he's never had a great O line or great receivers to throw to. Someone will take a flier on him at that price tag if he is not franchised. I'm not saying he should be but I think believe he will.

9. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

You have to let yards go, this is not fantasy football. I guarantee you a QB who averages 260 yds/ game probably wins more games than a QB that averages 330 yards per game. Look at packers going from 4-8 to 8-8. Did they do it because Rogers started throwing for 400 yds per game, no, they have won by running the football and playing defense. That is how you win football games, not throwing it 45-55 times a game.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Tell that to all the Jets fans complaining about Zach because he wasn’t throwing for 300yds while he was winning games.

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
  11. red75bronco

I was. Then he threw for 300 against Pats first time and we lost.

12. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Mike Florio made a interesting video about qbs in the draft can refuse to come here

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  13. BrooklynJetsFan

Correction. Breece Hall winning games.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. BrooklynJetsFan

Ok. Yards don’t matter. Tell that to Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Stafford, Burrow and Brady. You’re not even sniffing a SB run without consistently throwing over 300 yds.

You really want to die on this hill?

15. red75bronco

What about Buffalo? No AVT, no Hall. That was the recipe to get to playoffs. Always forget about that one. Funny thing is, Allen threw for way more yards in the loss, then came back and threw for what, 167 in the win.

I would take Elway winning over Marino’s stats all day.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  16. red75bronco

Stanford threw for 300 yds 9 out of 21 games. Last year. Mahomes 8 when he won SB and of this three loses, two of them was him throwing over 300 yds, one of them he threw for 446. Had 7 games last year. Josh Allen had 7 last year, lost 3 of those games. Has 6 this year and lost 2 of them. Yards are not everything.

17. red75bronco

Herbert is not sniffing anything close to a SB run. When Brady won his first three, now where near 300/ game.

18. red75bronco

First yea r Brady won SB threw over 300 twice, second Super Bowl, twice, 3rd SB once, 4th SB 7, 5th SB 7, he threw for 505 yard and lost to Philly in SB

NFL is not all about throwing over 300 yards. Now, you have to move the damn ball which the Jets are completely incapable of doing lately.

19. BrooklynJetsFan

You are kind of cherrypicking alot. Let’s take the top teams this year.

AFC
    Mahomes - 10 games with 300 yds +
    Allen - 6 games with 300 yds +
    Burrow - 5 games with 300 yds +
    Herbert - 5 games with 300 yds +

NFC
    Hurts - 4 games with 300 yds +
    Cousins - 4 games

Throwing for more yards consistently means the offense is well oiled - and likely you will field a team competitively even through the ebbs and flow of the season.

You will have zero chance competing in the AFC without throwing the ball consistently.

20. BrooklynJetsFan

Belichick D won those early Pats. Brady was a manager and then eventually broke out into an elite passer.

And those days are over.