Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

and how'd that Sanchez guy turn out out for us. my point, exactly. besides, this team is nothing like those teams.

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Uh No -- 2 of those 4 scenarios are definitely not "likely"

Thing is Jets over Fins is highly unlikely, I said it before the last Jets/Phins game and got laughed at - Fins are a much better team then the Jets.
    Steelers know they are still alive, Browns are not beating them.
    Chargers are still alive, KC playing for nothing, probably resting guys - Chargers will destroy them.

Bengals over Ravens is the only one where you can really say is "likely" even that one is probably only 55-60% chance.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets would have gotten demolished in the playoffs. Geno is not ready to throw 30+ passes against a playoff caliber defense and the Jets personnel would have prevented putting the rookie bubble in play for him.

Geno has 219 drop backs plus a few scrambles in the 7 wins the Jets have gotten so far this year. The Jets have rushed 251 times in those games minus a few scrambles.

In 2009 the Jets won 8 regular season games with Mark Sanchez on the field. He had 184 dropbacks in those 8 wins plus a few scrambles. The Jets rushed 341 times in those wins minus a few scrambles.

Huge difference in the exposure for the QB's and the support level.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I agree. It would have been nice to get the young guys the experience of a playoff game though.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez wasnt ready for the playoffs either his rookie year , I think if we managed to sneak in this year we might have won a round.This is the main reason i have faith in Rex and probably the only reason i have faith in Rex.If we woulda been able to sneak in this year and went on a run i wouldnt of been surprised at all.Its to bad it didnt happen this year i would of liked to see what woulda happened

6. Mitch_Dumstein

Need confirmation that IF the Jets beat the sucking sardines on Sunday, they knock their sorry stinking sucking asses out of the playoffs..

true

or true but need help from others

thanks

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

If we beat the Dolphins, they are out.

If the Dolphins win, they need the Chargers to beat the Chiefs OR the Bengals to beat the Ravens to get that 6th seed.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

? who cares. half the players on this roster won't even be here next year.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets have some good young players on the defensive side of the ball with no playoff experience. I expect that Wilkerson, Coples, Davis, Richardson, and Milliner will be on the team for at least 4 years. Antonio Allen and Josh Bush might be too. On offense Geno may or may not be the guy going forward but he'll be here for a while.

It would be nice if the Jets do turn it around and into a playoff team if these young guys weren't seeing their first playoff action. Not that it would cripple them being in there first playoff game but sometimes guys get more juiced up and wide eyed than they need to when the games get bigger.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

to me, that exp is not worth how far it would drop us in the draft. a playoff berth would also have a terrible side effect of making us over value the current roster.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Before the thread is closed I'd just like to make the point that in a year in which they had last place talent the Jets were officially in the playoff conversation until 12/17. That's probably the best run by a bad Jets team in 30+ years.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Time to move on to 2014. This thread is hereby closed.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

nooooooo! I can't move on! never!

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

LOL...

To coin a phrase from old time comedy radio: " Say Goodnite Gracie.."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.