Jets open to trading Cotchery (rumor)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pavlus53, Aug 1, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I deserved to get insulted there.

2. I actually suggested that this could be possible earlier in the offseason.

I think COtchery could be part of a trade to either bring in a different WR( Ala Steve Smith from Carolina), a pass rusher, or to free up cap space for a signing (Brodney Poole,Braylon,Miller, etc)

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

it is definetly up for debate. what exactly does moss have left, after flopping with 3 seperate teams? they guy runs 2 routes, and no longer outruns/jumps guys with regularity.

cothcery is better then even a motivated moss at this point, and its not close,

hell the guy couldnt cut it with 3 teams and frigging retired

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I would agree with your statement 100% except we have the ultimate locker-room guy in Rex.

5. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Cant see that happening but ya never know.They would demand a high draft pick.

6. ........

........ Trolls

That was the price the team made by signing Cromartie. When you sign as many free agents as we do, you have to make tough choices. The team opted to give the money to Cromartie, and now it has to find ways to afford that choice. You can't have everything. As I've been saying since the end of the season, I placed a higher premium on Sanchez and his development. It's a big part of why I didn't want the team to re-sign Cro. At this point, though, that choice was made. The team disagreed. There's no use in being excited about Cromartie signing and upset about what it takes to keep him. Can't have it both ways.

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Why not just ask Cotch to restructure though? I'm guessing in 2013 we release Scott & Pace (age and money) so couldn't they add an extra year to his contract and lower his 2012 cap hit? Or lower Sanchez 14 mill hit in 2012 and increase his 2013 hit which is only 8mill?

I still feel there are other ways to go at this than trading Cotch. Maybe they asked him to restructure and he refused?

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Too bad Chansi Stuckey is already gone. Would of been a good slot WR for us. 2 years 3.5 mil in Arizona

9. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Just the pure fan in me hates that this is even an idea. My attachment to Cotch is almost the same as it was to Chrebet at this point. I guess its because he's the quiet one who goes out there and does his job without drawing attention to himself. Do you ever think you will see Cotch holding out for more money or bitch about not getting the ball enough? He's the ultimate team first professional football player. I hope this doesn't happen.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'd normally agree with you, but Sanchez has done really well passing to new receivers since his first game. He adjusts to his new weapons really well.

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm gathering from the Scott/Pace restructuring that trading Cotchery is simply about the cap as opposed to acquiring someone man up in a trade.

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I really hope we don't trade Cotch...

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Cotch and a third for osi?

Flame away

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

There are always options available at WR in FA

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Just heard Moss is retiring, so much for rumors that we trade Cotch and pick up Moss. I have a feeling Cotchery will be with us the entire season.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

To anyone who doesn't know: Plaxico Burress is 33 years old. He turns 34 August 12th.

17. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

They want a 1st and have no need for another WR. J-Co isn't gonna knock off 2 rounds by adding him to a trade...

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No it isnt, he just half assed it as usual. I love Cotch, but hes no Moss. Deal with it.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE MESSAGE BOARD AND TAKE YOUR HAND AWAY FROM THE MOUSE! YOU ARE UNDER TGG CITIZEN'S ARREST!

Sir, the reason you are being stopped is because you were seen committing a TGG felony, for the crime of not searching the Jets Forum for a duplicate thread. I'm afraid that we're going to have to take you downtown for processing, and you may have to serve a mandatory sentence of 3 days designated with INTERNET SHAME.

You may have an option to serve TGG Community Service by starting a Hate Thread in the TT Forum, or by posting an embarrassing story about a sex act that your significant other refuses to perform with you in the Bullshit Forum, but that will be up to the judge.

Please place your hands behind your back, so as to avoid any accidental clicking of the Submit button.

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

So by the time the first leage game comes around he's 34...