Jets interested in Jason Taylor (ESPN)?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

where is schefter at on this? he is still the only guy i trust on this stuff.

2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

We've gotta make sure he's got a nice LaZ Boy where he can sit and watch the rest of the team practice.

This is embarrassing, Jets fans prostituting themselves for an overrated, washed up hack who thinks they're trash and will only sign if he's given a few weeks off while everyone else is busting their ass.

-X-

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Only SOME Jets fans. The rest are crying in their pillows over some harsh words by a football player.

4. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I'm sure you liked the Steve Atwater signing too. Thought it'd get us over the top. I myself look back to the days when Art Monk graced us with his Hall of Fame presence. How many Super Bowls did those guys get us?

Come ON. This NEVER works out. Another foolish case of Jets fans getting close and thinking the solution lies with 35 year old mercenaries who are clearly looking for a free ride or television exposure. It's as clear as day.

Sidenote- Crying in Pillow > Dropping Pants, Grabbing Ankles, Begging For It

-X-

#1024 xjets2002x, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Nothing on his Twitter about it. And as any fule kno, if it ain't on Twitter then it ain't.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

yeah i know he has nothing on twitter it was more rhetorical like "get me some info fucker."

7. abyzmul

I see that you chose the one mercenary wash-up that was actually brought in to play on a Jets team that had been competitive the year before and had solid coaching. Nice job. But on the same token, Atwater was brought in to start. Neither Taylor nor LT are being asked to do this. They are being brought in to add a dimension to either offense or defense that was lacking the year before, and hurt our chance to make it to the Super Bowl.

You can downplay Taylor and LT's recent accomplishments all you want, but neither had the coaching nor the situation nor the team culture that they will have (assuming Taylor signs) when they come to this team.

This kind of stuff has worked for other teams, but the SOJF in you can't believe it will ever work for the Jets. Just flip the pillow over and it won't feel so soggy.

#1027 abyzmul, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Hahaha....soooo true.

9. Johnny English

Next thing you know we'll be signing 36 year old full backs, and that will never work.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Look, I trust Rex. If he told me to lay my plums in a crocodile's mouth promising me it wouldn't bite, said plums would be laid...but this...this...I'm struggling here...I know I should trust him on this...but...even if he's good, how can I really cheer for Jason Taylor? It'll take some doing. Now, where's that crocodile?

11. abyzmul

I didn't think plums were in season yet.

12. Johnny English

If you can cheer for Steve Howard, you can cheer for Jason Taylor.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Then what the fuck is the point of talking trash about the fans if they won't get pissed off about it?

14. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Mine are always in season :wink:

16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I'm a Swindon Town fan, despite location, so I cheer for Charlie Austin :) Our signing of Joey Beauchamp shows why I'm nervous about this.:mad:

17. abyzmul

The Jets have been asking for a sideshow since the day Woody agreed to share a stadium. Of course, that didn't work with a Gestapo head coach like Mangini, and when Woody couldn't get Cowher, he went out and got the biggest sideshow he could - Rex Ryan. Rex was as much a PR move as a coaching choice. But so far, it has worked wonders.

LT doesn't have the same ability as he had as a starter, but he's not being brought in as a starter. I watched about 5 Chargers games last season, and he isn't some washed up nobody trying to stay relevant, as much as you want to dismiss him as such. And we won't need him to be the LT of old, although it would be nice. Is he a PR move? Yes, he is. Be he is a PR move that has instincts as a 3rd down back, which Thomas Jones did not. LT is as much of a stopgap depth player as Taylor will be if he comes here.

And Taylor may not have the speed that he used to, but when you give him the time that our secondary will, with the looks that Rex coaches up in his hybrid, Jason Taylor will have enough speed to get to the quarterback. He's a thread from the edge that teams need to gameplan, regardless of whether he lost a step.

The fact that they are names is obvious. Of course Woody is using that to put asses in very expensive seats. But they allow us to address other pressing needs until the 2011 draft, like any stopgap is designed to do.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow, Swindon Town.... that's almost as bad as my friend who is a Crewe fan.

19. Johnny English

That, squire, is an excellent post. Obviously I fully expect it to be completely ignored and the same fucking drums continue to be beaten ad infinitum, but it doesn't lessen the truth of your call.

20. Johnny English

In fairness, it's nothing like as bad - Swindon are on the verge of being back in the Championship. And not being a Leicester fan is automatically a big plus for the man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.