Jets interested in Jason Taylor (ESPN)?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

The difference here is your talking about the possibility of one of our players doing it and one of their players that DID do it.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't know about that man, in the beginning they might get a bunch of shots of him talking about "how weird it is to play for the Jets"

3. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

I'd take a bet on this If I could. Media is like flies to shit and they will be ALL OVER *Jason Taylor vs. the fans* so to speak. "OMG! TAYLOR IS PLAYING WHERE HE SAID HE NEVER WOULD!!!" It will become Shit Show. Look how much we're talking about it and he's not even SIGNED yet!!!

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You act like you're important to this team. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum don't give a flying fuck about what you or all of other whiny Jet fans think.

Jason Taylor improves this team. Like a previous poster said: even guys that have absolutely hated this team in the past want to come here and play for Rex Ryan. This is a sign of good things to come.

How can a outside linebacker be a choke artist? Also, I highly doubt we'll completely forget about getting younger at OLB. If we don't go there in this draft, 2011 is loaded with picks. Signing Taylor allows the Jets to move around in this draft. It's looking like we'll be going after the BPA again.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Are you serious, man?

Think about how stupid this is. You guys are getting mad at a player for hating his rival.

This is a game. Trash talking is fun.

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I do think that people are being ever so slightly over-dramatic about this. Either he'll bring the pass rush that we need from OLB and his previous (and let's be honest, pretty tame) comments about the Jets will be quickly forgotten, and we can take the piss out of the Fish at how Mr Miami came to NY because he knew it was his best chance of success; or he'll suck and he'll get cut, at which point we'll take the piss out of the Fish at how Mr Miami wasn't good enough to make the Jets' team. Either way we get to take the piss out of the Fish.

I don't think anyone in the FO is stupid enough to think that signing a 36 year old OLB means they don't need to look at pass rushing talent in the draft; I do think that this gives us the ability to focus even more on BPA.

7. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Yes

I agree TT is fun and stuff but its usually between fellow players you don't see players coming out and trashing fans all that often

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's fans like you that will make them want to focus on him. It's not a big deal. This is a game with a business side to it. The Jets staff is trying to improve a key position with a proven player.

There's no doubt in my mind that a bunch of idiots that know absolutely nothing about this game will be at the open training camps just to bash Jason Taylor.

Who cares? He's days away from being a New York Jet.

Like I told MBGreen through PM: Once you become a Jet, your sins are whiped clean.

9. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

He wasn't talking trashing his rival team. He was trash talking the fans and the city. I never heard Joey Porter insult "firemen ed" so to speak, but I heard Taylor do it. The guy is absolutely retarded.

10. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

I am not an idiot, I'd like to think I know quite a bit about football, and I will be at the open of camp to bash Jason Taylor. You hit it right on the head.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...but it's okay for fans to trash the players?

Go to a game of any sport...you'll here the home crowd going after their opponent's best players for no reason at all.

If Jason Taylor comes in here and gets half of a damn sack it'll be worth it, because we all know that Gholston can't do that.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I like this deal for the simple fact that stuff like this...

...turns TGG into...

...an...

ORGY OF DRAMA!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I think Kerry Rhodes just made a tweet.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Fireman Ed is also a retard.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I wasn't calling you an idiot.

Well, now that I read the rest of your post...I might've changed my mind.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Most Jets fans are fucking idiots. I hope and pray every single day that they move the draft out of New York so I don't have to watch the morons boo a player that they've never, ever seen play.

Fireman Ed is a half-retarded clown that runs his mouth. I hate that guy.

Shaun Ellis threw a giant snowball at fans. What a terrible person.

Rex Ryan went to Miami and gave a crowded arena the finger.

You see where I'm going with this?

#935 Mr Electric, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  16. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I've read several people on here insulting Fireman Ed just today. Should I be embarrassed that they're allowed to wear Jets shirts as well?

17. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

yes! it is quite ok for the fans to talk shit, because we are their to be entertained. as a matter of fact, every year a player or two gets FINED for going after the fans in EVERY sport. you are a pro, you just learn to live with the fans, for good or bad.

unless your jason taylor talking about the jets.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Are we getting Brandon Marshall?!?!

19. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Well, there you have it. lol You probably have club seats I'd imagine.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Nah Fireman Ed is cool to see on TV, but he is a douche bag. What do you expect though? I know 1000000000 of people run up to him everyday and yell the Jets chant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.