Jets Hire Marty Mornhinweg for OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tank75, Jan 18, 2013.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If we want to address the WCO RB situation via FA, we should be looking at Mike Goodson. Coming into the league Mike Goodson many scouts referred to him as "the poor man's Reggie Bush". He's younger, cheaper and tad bigger. I think he would really flourish in a WCO; he averaged 6 yards a carry last year in limited action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZeiAIJKMY

#461 legler82, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Listening to Boomer and Carton, some guy from Syracuse asked boomer if it's fair to bash Sanchez....

His response,

Given the level of variables he's had to deal with for the last three years, it's been almost IMPOSSIBLE for him to be successful.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

So what your saying is yet another "set of variables" he'll suddenly become successful?

You'll notice Boomer didn't say with a "steady environment" Sanchez would have been successful.

Good QB's succeed regardless of the variables, the biggest set of variables a person has in his NFL career is his rookie season, or first year playing full time. All new cast members, new play system, everything is different than previously experienced.

The NFL is change, and constant change at that. If you can not succeed in a fluid and changing envrionment, even to a small degree, you will not succeed in the NFL. All you need to do is look at Sanchez's performance over a 4 year span. You can not tell me he has had worse personel around him than Blaine Gabbert, yet he has been outperformed on an individual level by Gabbert.

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

patiently awaiting the "STOP with the brainless Mornhinweg bashing!" thread

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I did not say that,

Boomer Esiason did. Now you may know more about playing QB in the NFL than he does....so share your resume.,

What boomer said was, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to succeed given those variables, then afte a solid year of bashing, reiterated the same point an hour later.

But...I guess you are a better informed authority....

6. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

So... appearently Boomer being correct or not lies in his resume as a QB in the NFL.
    I did not know logic and reasoning work like that.
    That would mean that Boomer's recent brainless bashing of Sanchez, is equally valid?

#466 Swedish Ale, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  7. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

boomer had one good season in the nfl, and the only thing he knows about variables are his up and down seasons as a nfl qb. he wasnt fun to watch as a jet ill say that much. he might as well defend nacho, boomer was a bad qb for the jets as well. wyche made boomer to a degree but boomer did go out there and perform. it doesnt matter who the coordinator is so much that its detrimental to the play of a player. the players stats, which reflect his play, fall on the player alone.....not anybody else.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Honestly, as long as my team is successful I can give 2 sh*ts if the QB for the team I root for is a system QB or an "elite" QB. Everyone is so thirsty for the "franchise" QB that winning is now becoming an after thought. Boomer was a Super Bowl QB, you think Bengals fans cared if he could not have made it there without Wyche?