Jets have informed Wilson that he will be traded....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 9, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

To be fair, he's been in a "fog" for the majority of 3 seasons....

Ralebird, teamgreen and Jets69 like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Felt like they were going to try to get him back in the game because once you announce concussion protocol they’re toast. Then they realized how out of it he was and had to put him as out for the game.

cval likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of going for Maalox myself.

cval likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So much for protecting QB's. Only certain ones..

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Traded for WHAT exactly?!?!

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I can't wait till he's gone so we dont have to hear from "mom" anymore

so embarrassing

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hey, I'm sure she got some "likes" for that one though....

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that only assumes you fire JD and not the CS. and most good GMs won't want to take over a coaching staff which limits options. new coaching staff means new system and player turnover. (i'll spare you the reply to your O-line/QB nonsense though)
    I'll give you an odd example here though.
    the redskins from 2010 to 2013 had mike shanahan as their head coach. they went 24-39 1 playoff in 4 seasons (RG3s rookie year) and 0 playoff wins. also on that staff during that period was mike mcdaniel (HC of the fins and they look good), sean mcvay (won a SB with the rams already), kyle shanahan (current HC of the niners, took them to a SB and several playoff seasons), matt lafluer (current HC of the packers. 3 13win seasons in 3 years and 3 playoff berths), bobby turner (RBs coach with the niners since shanahan got hired there) that was their coaching staff in 2013. probably the most talent on any CS in the last 3 decades. it's the entire coaching tree that is running the NFL right now basically. they were coming off a 10 win season with a ROTY QB and went 3-13 and fired that staff to go with jay gruden. so the question is, what went wrong? sometimes the answers aren't so simple. you'd have to think they would have been better off keeping most of that staff though

9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

You don't fire JD without firing Saleh- if you're firing JD, Saleh is going with him.

Player Turnover? This is a week-to-week league, a win this week will alleviate some of the pressure on the locker room. But a couple more losses- I am more worried about player turnover from locker room morale- not a new GM regime.

We've already hashed out all the "Nonsense" as you call it. No need to share the pros/cons list of the offensive line moves, just the reality of the situation we're in today

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

the reality is JD is going into his final year of his deal. the FO will give a mulligan due to the injuries (especially rodgers), and likely nothing changes this offseason so it's all a moot point

BrooklynJetsFan and JetDan like this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Its not just injuries it terrible play by whomever is in there.... Becton and Tomlinson have combined to allow 40% of the offensive line’s sacks (18 of 45) and 37% of its pressures (83 of 225). You get it, its not just injuries althought it counts...it players underperforming. Likewise, the HC. OC and OLC are just as responsible for this chit show as JD.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

tomlinson has been a disappointing signing. his 1 positive is that he doens't miss time. he's never missed a game in his career due to injury. he also was coming off a pro bowl year and was the top OG on the market so the move at the time made sense even if he's not living up to it.
    Becton i'm not sure whats up with him. at times he looks dominant and at other times he's a turnstyle. he hasn't played in 2.5 years prior to this season and missed a week with an ankle injury. IDK if his knee/ankle is bothering him but he's been pretty bad the past few weeks.

I think the big issue though is continuity. I'd rather be missing 2 starters game 1 for the full year and left the 5 play together then to shuffle lines every week. lots of the pressure let up is clearly from miscommunication which happens when you have new people next to you all the time. just having continuity would make the line be better. weeks 3-5 the line was pretty solid. if we can have tomlinson, tippman, and AVT in the middle all year I think it'll be a big improvement. we do need to address OT though. we'll have a top 10 pick and there are 3 OTs in the top 10 of players for the draft so we can grab one there and hopefully sign one as well

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner