Jets first in line for Lamar Jackson if he becomes available - SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 9, 2023.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If anyone would know you need more than a QB it's you.

Centiment likes this.
  2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Need more than a qb for what, to win a Super Bowl? Ok…. So you can either grab a franchise qb now, while one is available, since they never are…. Or you can wait until you have the perfect team around him (which will never happen for more than a year) and then spend your time trying to find one which will take a while (took the bills 25 years) and wasting the “perfect” team you built.

You aren’t going anywhere without a qb. The bills have one, and nothing else, and they’re competing for super bowls. Yet you don’t want to get one. That’s like saying I’m not going to breath oxygen until my health is good. Your logic is…. Not logical.

3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

His athleticism allows for that. What I’m saying is when he’s no longer a threat to run, can he play the position conventionally the way McNair or Cunningham did? When McNair won the co-mvp with Manning he was pretty much a pure passer at that point in his career. He’d still run once in a while but he evolved into a great pocket passer. Cam Newton is a good example of a guy who didn’t evolve, and I’m not so confident that Lamar could.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Competiting for Super Bowls? By making the playoffs? Ok. The Jags are competiting for super bowls.

50ShadesOfGreen likes this.
  5. Bills over Jets

Bills aren’t competing for super bowls now? Lol. You’re really going to die in this hill I guess.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They are, but now there are two teams who will stand in their way for the next few years. And as we discussed on Sunday, their OL needs an overhaul.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In a couple years from now, the Bengals will be on the decline, and the Bills will be on the rise. The Chiefs will always contend for Super Bowls, but that's because they have Mahomes and Reid, who are this generation's Brady and Belichick. The Bengals and Bills will alternate between run-of-the-mill playoff teams and Super Bowl contenders and will probably both end up winning at least one at some point with Burrow and Allen.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I disagree

One of them will fade out. Plenty of teams spark up and then fade out. Probably not KC because they have a good coach and Mahomes is the best QB of the 3

what hurts Buffalo and Cincy is that they are a small market. Allen and Burrow ain’t going anywhere but a guy like Stefon Diggs might be drawn to the Dallas Cowboys, or Ja’Marr Chase, etc and that might be all it takes to go from 12-4 to 9-7 type teams

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yes…and with that tag if he signs with another team the Ravens can either match the offer or turn it down and get two first round picks instead

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would want a guy with Lamar Jackson's skills as a rookie. You are rolling the dice when you trade the farm for a running QB as a second contract player when the odds of a leg injury begin creeping up. Running the ball is detrimental to their longevity.

#311 abyzmul, Feb 12, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Jets fans are.... Sigh.... Fill the page with bannable perjorative descriptors.... MAstubating in public about rodgers and slagging Jackson... Eww

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I think that’s a very broad mischaracterization. No one is again Lamar Jackson over Rodgers. But you have to marry Lamar Jackson. It’s going to take a 9 year contract where he’s holding fast for guaranteed money. His athleticism has made his passing game a weapon, but without his athleticism at the moment he’s not capable of being a pocket passer. For 9 years of him I’d love some sort of comfort knowing his most valuable asset will depreciate well before those 9 years are up. You make that type of deal hoping he can transform into something he currently is not. Oh yeah and it’s 2 1st round picks on top of it. If it fails, we’re doomed for a decade. Rodgers is a 2 year fling. He’s a year removed from back to back MVP’s. It’ll be an expensive 2 years and cost some picks, but then he’s gone and off the books. He’s the perfect guy to have in place while looking to draft the right guy. Hell we could draft Levis or Richardson and have them sit 2 years to develop the right way.

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Trading the future for someone like Lamar Jackson Is the absolute best way to derail any up and coming team. Too many risks involved with It, then you would have to give up an incredible amount of picks and money for a guy who Is more than likely a system QB, I'm just going to say It. Even If he Is the real deal, I don't think so, but, even If. He has already proven that his playstyle Is not long for this world of football, the injuries are starting to formulate and I think the Ravens know this. They see It and they are playing things perfectly.

If they truly thought he was worth the long term investment, there Is ZERO chance they would allow this to escalate to this point. They see value In the kid, they just don't see the earth shattering value It would take to retain him. It's obvious to me.

To me. It seems they are playing this out perfectly In an attempt to garner the absolute max value from some sucker franchise.

It's like...

Cutting bait with a vehicle you love but you know Is on It's last legs. It probably has several thousand miles left on It but at the end of the day, In car terms, that's not a lot of miles left. Sounds like a lot, It's not though. So you sell It slightly before It breaks down, get the absolute best value you can, and move on. Let the car break down on someone else while you take the money you recouped and upgrade Into something else.

I fucking hope we aren't that team that gives up the farm on a QB who will likely break down In a few years, where we are left with nothing but a let down and major setback because our prized QB couldn't withstand this physical game because of his physically demanding play style.

Hard pass.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

@Bills Over Jets on a side note, would the Bills be playing today if they'd drafted Breece Hall?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That is far and away the stupidest contract of all time for a guy that did not play for well over a year, plus a suspension. I still believe that Watson’s, K. Murray and then R. Wilson are three of the stupidest QB contracts. A good owner or GM needs to take those three as a study case of what never to do for a QB waaaay over his actual value.

#316 LAJet, Feb 12, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Bills over Jets

Nah. RB was not their problem. Oline is one of the worst in the league, no consistent receiving threat outside of diggs, lacking pass rush after Von went down, etc.

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

See what happened in Baltimore? Lamar the Great Jackson was hardly taking the Field.

Pay QB big $ plus picks. QB doesn't make it to Games because he is always injured....really????

A real Lose for us and Win for LJ ..its a complete mistake so this GM will get us a Deal ....lmao

We need a new Owner...jmho

When offseason over watch for my New Post " Woody your Reputation Precedes You"

Why do you think Carr and, probably AR take a Pass working for Jets????

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, for all the criticism Douglas has received for "making the huge mistake" of drafting Zach Wilson, even if that's true (which I of course say is debatable) pales in comparisons by orders of magnitude to those blunders.

bicketybam likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Answer shouldve been "No, he tore up his knee"