Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yeah, ok. :lol:

I guess proof-reading such a long post is beyond your abilities. But go ahead and continue to embarass yourself in this thread, I'm going to get some popcorn and I'll be right back.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Take yer time, fatty.

3. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

well, this thread has gone right off the tracks.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

This thread is far too long anyway. Never really required this much debate, which is precisely why I'm poking retards with a stick.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Maybe try another attention seeking thread? The title can be I'm an attention starved jackass..

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I was at the game and the Jets fans where cheering that Pennington got hurt. It sad to show that Jet fans have NO CLASS and I am assamed to be a Jet fan this week.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That might work. Thanks.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Look, don't you guys think you're making too much about this? This is why I'm teasing. It's ridiculous. Really...get a grip.

Today a soldier died. Poor Chad's million-dollar ankle is swollen.....awww

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

JJ, where ya been!?

Lol...Dude, TYPE-O is one of the good guys..he's on our side... :lol:
    i know iknow

10. Italian Seafood

You're putting a lot more effort into this than we are. I'm just telling you what I think of a person who cheers for another person getting injured. It has nothing to do with anything beyond that.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Damn with every post you sound like more and more of a douchebag. Noone is comparing Chads injury to a soldier dying for you to even make that assumption just makes me want to punch you in the face.

Bottomline, you cheered your favorite teams QB getting injured which makes you a fucking loser..

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Well maybe I can find a couple of more reasons to be a loser and the playing field will be level.

You're a complete and utter douchebag....top that bitch.

13. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I'm surprised you both haven't been banned yet, to be quite honest.

14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

COME ON!!! Stop making excuses for the ones who booed. The man couldn't even walk on it so how could u say that they cheered for not being a serious injury?

15. Italian Seafood

Consider it topped. :up:

16. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

I’ve had a lot of time to think about whether or not I was going to even sign into theganggreen.com this week, only due to the fact that I didn’t want to see or read about ways for the New York JETS to beat Baltimore. Nevertheless, I feel it necessary to write my feelings about the New York JETS; that’s what this message board is really about, isn’t it? An open forum for anyone who wishes to discuss any matter they so choose. As a note, I am not even looking for any replies, agreements, or disagreements about my post, but more just so I can possibly represent how a lot of people may feel. If you wish to see eye to eye or not, that’s your choice and I respect it, but without further a due, I can’t stop thinking about

“THE CHEERING DURING PENNINGTON’S INJURY”

First and foremost, let’s think about this with an open mind. There are 72,000+ fans on hand at each home game we play. How in God’s name is Jim Nantz, Boomer Esiason (and Carton), Keith Olberman, and anyone else (other media vultures with nothing else to talk about) who thought the JETS fans simply displayed their classless ways by cheering for Chad Pennington have legitimate proof? The answer, they don’t. All they have is speculation. If 5,000 fans decided at the VERY moment Chad went down, they were going to cheer, it would make noise in the stadium. So in the time that Chad went down, it’s a justifiable argument that instead of the majority of the stadium seeing that Chad was HOPPING off the sidelines like a true player to avoid a timeout and once again display his mental and physical toughness that we managed to cheer for his injury in the interim precisely? It’s a disgrace for even our own fans to call on others by saying, “yeah, we’re immature sometimes.” “We have a younger fanbase.” BULLSHIT. So what if we drink a lot; there is no correlation that can be proven other than saying there were some who maybe cheered for Chad being down, cheered for him getting up, and cheered knowing Kellen Clemens was coming in and that we needed that spark.

I personally believe that it’s an ignorant statement to just throw JETS fans into one pile and say we’re wrong, classless, horrible, the worst, and anything else people want to say.

There is a man by the name of Kevin Everett in Buffalo right now who is fighting for his life because of an unfortunate hit that has him paralyzed from the shoulders down; and the media has focused their attention on a cheer in which they CANNOT pinpoint what happened because IT'S A STADIUM FULL OF PEOPLE! Say what you will, as that’s your opinion and right, but don’t account for what you “heard” as being the feelings and actions of 72,000+ people.

PS – It’s no surprise that the majority of people who feel ill will towards what happened were at home and not at the stadium; just another reason why if you’re not actually there, you really don’t know what actually happened.

17. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

I agree -- see my post on page 15 of this threat (no one really responded) -- it's an email I sent to K. Olbermann after his BS segment.

18. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

Watched on TV in the UK as the game was live. When Pennington went down my heart sank and was thinking the O line need to get better or we're really in a bad way. The ramifications of how the team would fare through the rest of the game and season were also there given the inherent weaknesses of the team. I was not too aware of any cheering and only paid attention when Phil Sims mentioned this. I was taken aback.

However as I was not there I can't read too much into this. Was it a mark of pride to Chad taking the hit and getting up and encouragement for Clemens going in or was it boo birds? In watching football I've always understood that applause is the mark of respect for injured players coming off the field either under their own steam or assisted by others. Maybe this is more where it was at and if so understandable.

This thread does point to a mix in understanding from the people who were at the stadium. Undoubtedly there will be a number of people who were less than complimentary regarding "old noodle arm" and they can have their view whether that is rated as intelligent or not.

However I was full of admiration for CP coming back in and leading a drive resulting in a TD when his mobility was compromised. Behind our current O line that takes guts.

19. njjet

njjet Member

If the attendees were cheering CP injury it was classless. There's not another QB in the league with the class of CP. He may not be the best QB but he comes to play week after week. I believe he is the second best QB ever for the Jets! :jets:

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL, you're such a troll.