Jets-Dolphins Postgame Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Canadian, Sep 23, 2007.

1. amsingh

amsingh New Member

^ Ferguson and Abraham

2. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

That's what I'm talking about.

When the entire unit looks that bad, point the finger at how it is being coached up and prepared. The Dolfags OC pwned Sutton today.

3. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Stop blaming the the D on poor coaching and blame it on the players making millions. Its not the coaches who are missing the tackles, not getting off blocks and not covering the Wrs. When your up by 18 in the 4th quarter and you let the team score more points in one quarter (15) then the other 3 quarters combined (13), that's not poor coaching that's the players not showing any heart!! This game should've been a blow out.

4. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

The money is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Mangini even said on the post game they need to do a better job this week preparing to defend against the screen pass.

The schemes they used in the game were terrible, and played a huge role in allowing the Dolfags to move up and down the field.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The middle of the D is swiss cheese.

Dewayne fatboy Robertson needs to go. Seems like we've been saying that for 5 years now.

Ronnie Brown owns the Jets.

6. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

The money might be irrelevant but they are being paid to make plays and none of them are doing that!! You could be the best coach in the world and have the best game plan but if your players dont execute it the way its planned then it's not going to work!! OK so Mangini took the blame for the screen pass (obviously this was his fault not having them prepared) but what about all the other plays that ran all over the D!(I guess they would obviously be the players fault) Maybe the schemes were fine but just executed poorly!

#26 Hot Rod, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  7. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Great game for the Jets till the 4th quarter after Chad's TD run. I know that they had a cushion, but if you want to finish off your hated rivals, then itS 60 Minutes of complete football. I think there was 8+ minutes remaining on the clock for the Dolphins to run it all the way down and nearly ruin a good game.

This shouldn't have been a 3 pt win. This should've been a 18 to 21 pt win.

That being said, great game by the offense, Chad looked strong in the pocket and made great reads. Nice catch by Coles & Baker in the endzones. Also an awesome punt return by Leon Washington who went all the way.

Those two crap calls on the Jets for the Dolphins first TD was full of it. I have never seen two badly blown calls in my life.

#27 I bleed Jets Green, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Pennington did what he's good at. Managed not to lose a game where the defense played like sh!t and the offensive playcalling was just this side of beige.

We won. Damn near put the entire stadium to sleep but we won. On to the next game.

9. JetsFanNC

JetsFanNC New Member

Are you saying that in regards to the crowd today, or the fact that we are pointing out that our defense sucks?

But I am glad we got the win!

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

You did not watch the game at all today, most of browns run came from cut backs when robertsons gap was filled.

11. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

in regard to the crowd

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

The schemes were not fine.

13. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Chad looked bad, but so many Jets fans will think he played well because we won. He floated every pass, and really was not very good. He did show some nice touch on the two red zone TDs, but it was just dink dink dink, and we are lucky that thw Miami defense sucks pretty much as much as ours. Leon is not involved enough. Jones looked better but the Miami defense is reall bad. But it's a win and I am excited.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You talk like someone who expects Chad to grow a new arm every week. Chad did great at what he does. I have my own problems with some of his abilities but if you can't support him after the way he played today, then you are not fit to judge his performance at all.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Come on Johnnysd that's just not the case today. Chad was very sharp and was very solid with his throws. I was really impressed today. My only complaint is the continous slow starts on the first possession. I'm not sure why that is but most of the really good WCO pride themselves on starting games with a script and executing it. That was a trademark of Bill Walsh and all of his deciples. It might even be a coaching issue but other than the first series I thought the O was very tight and Pennington's throws were excellent.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nope.

Most of Browns runs were off the left guard and straight up the gut. I'm actually going to do the work this week to figure out exactly where the gashers came from but I'm pretty sure it's D-Rob guessing in the middle and when he guesses right and goes into that gap the run gets stuffed and when he guesses wrong and goes into the other gap the Jets give up 8-10 yards.

A 3-4 NT should not be guessing. He should have one guy locked up on every rush and moving him towards one of the guys next to him. That's the job.

Going into gaps to make tackles is poor play because when you guess wrong the whole defense behind you is screwed.

17. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I support Chad and the Jets fully no matter who plays. I think though that Chad was not sharp on the Chad scale. I think he was very off, but the receivers made some great plays and the Dolphins defense is so bad that it was covered up.