Jets cut Marcus Gilchrist

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 4, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think the FO has moved on from Mangold. They never even tried to renegotiate his contract before releasing him. They must be pretty comfortable with Johnson as the starter. Could his being part of the players campaign to bring back Fitz be part of that decision?
    As much as I love Mangold, I don't think he will be playing for the Jets unless we have injuries and he is still unsigned.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

If Mangold is healthy. I want him as a Jet. On the field. Within the locker room. In the huddle. It's as simple as that.

I knew one day I'd have to say this but i miss our "Brick-of-Gold". I miss having Ferguson as our Franchise LT protecting our QB's blind side while Mangold dominated the trenches for multiple Jet rushing attacks.

Time goes on. Players get older. That'll never change. But if Mangold says he can still play I'd love just one more season of #74.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not me. I think he's toast. The fact that not one NFL team has contacted him is telling imo. The Jets didn't even ask him to take a pay cut, and didn't show him a lot of respect in the way they released him. I wasn't very happy with how they handled it, but i think they made it clear that they have no interest in his coming back. Part of me thinks that if he had anything left, they'd bring him back. The other part thinks that why should they bring him back? They're building for the future and trying to find players who will help them be competitive. While there's no doubt he could help mentor some of the young OL, he's not gonna help the team on the field going forward, so why take away snaps from young players for him?