Jets coulda been in playoffs if

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Jan 1, 2014.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well what does my raises have to do with the NYJs? I think U totally derail when U say ESPN knows anything then I think U have to rethink your understanding of FB :sad:

2. bowleggedwonder

We were outscored by about 100 points this season. Buffalo had a much better point differential. Anyway, this team was never a threat to win the Super Bowl. Hopefully, that one extra loss leads us to drafting someone who will be the face of this franchise for the next decade. Why the hell not.

3. section134

section134 Active Member

champ-----you always point out the negatives when it comes to the jets-----jets were in afccg in 2009 and 2010-------but you always are there to remind us that jets did not win sb-----very few teams get to the ccg and les that that win sb

its good jets were in the hunt till balt won with a 62yd fg and jets were out even with the lousy set of playmakers--------I can enjoy the fact that jets knocked the dolphs out and finished 2nd in division when all the so called analysts picked them for dead last

you are right jets did not win sb this year----but there is so much about the nyj to be thankful for-----if you choose you can look at the positives----I am aware we have some work to do-----hopefully it will happen in my lifetime-------if jets win sb next year could you enjoy it or will you look at the negatives again doubting they could do it again--saying how lucky etc------so many games are won by "luck"-----a holding call that was missed by the ref----a tipped pass that the wr bobbled and a db did a pick 6

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It sucks we had a little spark last two weeks playoffs could of been intresting,I just hope this team picks up where we left off after winning first back to back games of season and 3 out of last 4,We def got better but it was to late,Millner and Geno were playing better,OLine was playing better,pass coverage was much better,the last 4 weeks the Jets showed a lot of positive signs

5. championjets69

This is the MOST negative post since what you are saying since other teams have not done this or that it is OK for the NYJs to have not win anything for 44 years now. It is also negative to lump us with other losing teams. Instead of dwelling on lumping us with the other losing teams why not say compared to the Steelers (6 SB wins) Niners (5 SB wins) Boys ( 5 SB wins) NYGs (4 SB wins) & various other teams with 3 each & start a thread what are those teams doing right that we have done wrong for 44 years now :sad:

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Crying about 'free wins' is stupid. Both plays where we supposedly got handed wins were CALLED CORRECTLY BY NFL RULES. Just because the linebacker for Tampa made a dumb, unneccesary play hitting Geno a nanosecond early when he was clearly going out of bound, or the Pats tried to skirt the rules of the NFL 'yet again' doesn't take those games away.

We know there are plenty of what-ifs the other way about this season...but even if we had made the playoffs we would have won one game max, assuming Dalton crapped out the same way he did against the Chargers (which isn't a guarantee since our secondary was held together by tape and bailing wire and was abused by the Bengals the last time). There's no way this secondary would have held up against Denver in the next round if we had beaten the Bengals.

7. section134

section134 Active Member

its amazing how people feel good about writing about the negatives----det and cleve never been to the sb as well as Houston jax

jets won sb jan 12 1969----kc won next year and hasn't been back Miami last won sb 3 years later
    almost as big a drought as jets----cards made it to their only sb several years ago
    Tennessee made their only sb game about12 years ago both with zero sb wins -----san diego made an appearance 15 years ago also didn't win

jets fall into 2nd tier of nfl teams----but have given us lots to cheer about ---the next snap hasn't happened----look at kc from 2-14 to a hot team-----I have many jet tapes from 1985 and enjoy watching them win games-----in the words of the immortal leon hess " jets are not horses asses"

8. championjets69

There U go proving that the NYJs have been a bottom feeder just like all the teams you mentioned. Now is that a wonderful that because we won 1 SB 45 years ago U consider us one of the elite teams in the NFL. Cmon come to senses & smell the coffee as the FACTs are the NYJs have been garbage now for 45 years & counting. BTW if U think green 24/7 why would U give a hoot what others team have done unless U were a fan of one of them? Look at it it in a positive because there are other garbage teams in the league it should have made it easier for us to win a SB right? Also instead of harping on the non SB winning teams why not dwell on the SB winning teams & go into a corner & ask yourself how come the Steelers won 6 SB & The Niners & Cowboys won 5 each & the NYGs won 4 & the NEPs won 3 & we have only that one 45 years ago. Do U ever do that & if U have what do you think the reason is that we have been losers now for 45 years? Refs/bad luck etc etc or some other reasons? :sad:

#148 championjets69, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  9. championjets69

So you say U R satisfied with the NYJs well then please enlighten us all of 10 seasons that you feel were finished to your satisfaction commencing with the 1969 season. That gives you 44 seasons to choose which IMHO is very good slice of NYJ history to choose from.

Why do you care what I post? I doubt that U R share holder in the NYJs. IMHO the only person who should really care is Woody cause he can make the situation better if he desired which it would appear after owning the team for 14 years & not doing anything to improve the team indicates all he cares about is raking in money from us fans & giving us fans nothing in return :sad:

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Jets are on the up & up, Champ. In fact they have won more games under Woody than any other owner. Anything can happen once you hit the playoffs. Next year will be fun.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

we had an actual HC.

12. NewYorkEveryThing

Like I said halfway threw the season.. We had a playoff team w/o a seasoned QB. What happen to the days that a rookie QB would sit a year ? Unless you are knocking down and rebuilding, you should have a experienced backup. I don't wanna hear dirty sanchez cause he is worse then a rookie the way he regressed . It is the whole "Throw the rookie out there to see what he can do" problem that led to us not making the postseason.

13. championjets69

Hey R U there? Why have you not replied? Is it because you can not answer my question? Cmon man this is your thread so why not just say well really since season 1969 the NYJs have really never had a satisfactory end to the season? :sad:

14. championjets69

Yada, Yada, yada I have been hearing what you have posted since 01/13/69 so please up your posting quality or just stay away :sad:

15. championjets69

So 134 since U just posted something in another thread which means U R still posting so please kindly reply to my post. Thanks in advance :sad:

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I could've been loaded if I would've purchased apple stock instead of putting that $ down on my house........ this thread is stupid

17. championjets69

Well hopefully you have now gotten over your "holier then thou" attitude as well as again accusing me of the crime of the century in pointing out that the NYJs have now been losers since 01/13/69 yes that is right 01/13/69 & that since the very beginning in 1960 as the Titans they are still a under 500 team & they have never won a AFCCG. Is all that not right? So instead of deluding yourself with your coulda, woulda, shoulda face the facts that the NYJs again DID NOT repeat DID NOT qualify to the POs this year. That is all that matters that they did not play in the POs this year simply because they stunk up the field on several occasions which led to there downfall. :sad:

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

True, but this is a thread of "hypotheticals"...if you could argue that the Jets would be in the playoffs IF then it is equally appropriate to argue that the Jets were lucky to have even been an 8-8 team.

Regarding the rule on hitting nanoseconds before going out of bounds, I'm willing to bet that rule gets changed this offseason or next. The reason? QB's and other players are now faking going out of bounds to get defenders to ease up rather than take a penalty for a late hit. I'm willing that rule gets changed to either the play is ruled dead when the player fakes going out of bounds, or is legal to hit until he is actually out of bounds and the whistle has blown. Either way a player should be free game to be hit until the whistle blows ending the play.

19. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Assuming the if is open ended, the answer is obvious..

If Tanny wasn't a moron and pursued Manning 2 years ago and/or Idzik went and got Alex Smith last year.

The Jets have to stop having one of the worst qb's in the NFL on a yearly basis.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

A 2nd for Alex Smith? You aren't winning playoff games with Smith as your QB.