Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

And a lot of those were dinks to the backs. It wasn't until the 4th quarter when Rivers really opened it up.

But you're right. The Colts D is a lot worse than San Diegos. And the Jets D is heads and tails better than the Colts O. I've called the commish and asked him to go ahead and send the AFCCG trophy to the Jets. Game canceled. How foolish to think that the Colts had any buisiness even being in the playoffs.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

no his point was simply alot of colts fans point to the blueprint to run and control the clock wont work cause of how you guys beat them easily with few oppertunities cause of Manning's ability.

hes pointing out our DB's are exponentially better than Miami, especially a team who started two CB's and had only had 1 game experience prior to facing the best qb ive ever seen in a long time.

3. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Sorry, I just don't see the Jets db's stopping the Colts receivers. Revis is a stud, but if you go back and watch the previous game, Wayne beat Revis twice. One was an out and up. He was two steps ahead and Manning over threw him. The other was a back shoulder throw for about 15 yards. Revis is going to get his stops, but I think Reggie will get him once or twice. It will be a mater of if Manning hits him and that could depend on if the Jets can hurry him. Also, Garcon didn't play in the first game, so the db's don't have any face time with him. Clark hasn't been stopped by an LB or safety yet.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Is there anyone out there who still thinks we couldn't run against Indy in the first half??? This BS fantasy has been going on for 4 weeks!

Here's the FACTS ... Jones & Greene ... 15 carries for 68 yards in the 1st half ... 4.5 per carry! ... including a 21 yarder by Greene and a 10 yarder by Jones.

The stats are tainted because we lost 14 yards on a silly end-around to David Clowney. The bottom line is ... when we lined up our two main guys behind our O-line and ran the ball straight ahead, we had NO PROBLEM getting yards.

When we're able to do it for 4 quarters on Sunday, I expect to shred this defense for more than 170 yards on the ground... in fact, I GUARANTEE IT.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

thats fine you dont have to agree with anything. i was simply explaining the point Winston was making to you.

Garcon not playing last time is huge I have a huge amount of respect for him especially that long catch and run he had in the 4th qtr of the game you guys had VS MIA. hes an absolute burner.

you guys will make plenty of plays in the pass game, if you dont the colts lose. its as easy as that. what are you guys gonna come out and run on us?

but the thing is our defense is good enough to hold you guys to 17-24 points. its a matter of not playing from behind early and actually making passing plays when it matters vs two elite rush ends in Freeney/Mathis that will decide this game.

that and field position. I dont doubt our ability to contain the colts offense at all. I doubt our ability to stop the colts offense in volume if given multiple drives provided by 3 and outs.

im just expecting a close game. plain and simple and by close, I mean, like ive said before if the Jets win its by no more than 7. if the colts win by no more than 10

that and the turnover battle. the jets are undefeated when winning the TO margin. and weve never won when losing the TO margin. thats just a rule of thumb in football but Ive seen teams squander chances, we dont. thats why were here against all odds.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's a load of horse shit, Rivers targeted runningbacks and fullbacks 12 times out of 40 passing attempts. That's not 'a lot'. And those targets were spread out pretty evenly across the game, look at the play-by-play on NFL.com if you want proof. I can guarantee you that Peyton throws at his backs just as much on Sunday.

#506 abyzmul, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

8. glightning

glightning Banned

I am thinking more like

24 Jets
    21 Colts

It's going to be a close one.

9. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

[​IMG]

REALLY TALL VINCENT AGREES WITH YO POST

10. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Jets 24
    Colts 20

11. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

23-21

Jets win on last second Feely field goal.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Lemme eat some crow...damn this does not taste good at all!!!

13. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Jets N Boys......At least unlike some, you man up. A lot of Jets fans have given credit where credit is due. There are the few that want to blame injuries, the refs or the hit on Sanchez, anyone but the Colts. Jets have a keeper in Sanchez. Not being a smartass, but hope he doesn't have the sophomore jinx like Flacco and Ryan.

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Manning's accuracy amazes me the most...

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Peyton had a good sophomore year but was one and done in the playoffs, and no playoffs his rookie year.

Just stick to the topic and stop trying to jinx him, lol.

I for one have given the Colts all the credit, I don't see many that aren't.

Please provide more info-

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Injuries and bad calls are part of the game and they affect the game, no doubt. If Strickland doesn't go down, Bart doesn't get injured and Greene's day wasn't cut short, this game may have been closer.

Question is, would the end result change? I think the better team won yesterday. Injuries would have only made it a close one. Manning would have come through the way he was playing.

About the missed FGs, its Karma.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't think he's trying to jinx. I don't believe in jinxing anyways. Hey, lets try to jinx Manning. Doesn't work. Not you, but a lot of the people get upset about it. Its pretty funny.

18. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Some of the best football I've seen from the Colts in that game. I really hope the kid learned something from watching Peyton. Two games in a row he (Peyton) caught us with 12 men on the field.

19. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

There's a couple of threads blaming the refs for some calls or complaining about all the injuries. Colts D played without three starters and still managed to keep the run game under control.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

^Thats pure awareness and communication. Even if Sanchez is aware there are 12 men in the huddle, he's gotta build chemistry with his line, and communicate to quick snap the ball for a simple run up the middle. It'll come over time. Sanchez is a smart QB.