Jets-Colts game, November 16, 1986

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ukjetsfan, May 15, 2024.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The NBC NFL preview show was filmed for a live audience during that time. McGuire was out there picking (wrongly) against the Jets every week! But it wasn't until they were 10-1 that he announced the Jets wouldn't win another game all season. I remember the live audience laughing at him. I wasn't laughing. I was a kid and I wanted him to suffer terrible pain.

Then Miami destroyed us on Monday night and we didn't come even close to winning another game all season.

Until the glorious wild card against KC featuring Pat Ryan. Btw, this game was just recently uploaded to YouTube. It won't load here because it's blocked, but put a youtube.com in front of:

/watch?v=_auikCjdeAg

Jojo likes this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

They should of beat the Browns too.....however unlike most Jets fans I don't think they would of beaten the Broncos in Mile High and they certainly wouldn't have beat the Giants. Not with all the injuries and makeshift OL.

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Looks like I’ve tracked down a tape of this game so if all goes well I’ll be able to throw some light on this.

I know O’Brien’s right elbow was a weak point after landing on it many times when sacked on that hard Giants Stadium surface. You could often see him cradling his arm after a sack, sometimes in severe pain.

Jojo likes this.
  4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I get the 2 mixed up

5. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I was 14, and it was the first Jets game I had seen live. O'Brien was not injured.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If it was at Shea stadium I was there..it sucked cause we lost

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Third season at Giants Stadium.