Jets are picking 4th and 10th in the 2022 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 9, 2022.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I still cannot believe the jets went into 2020 with that pathetic LB corps. Other than Mosely, the jets planned on starting a Lions castoff and some mid round rookie college safety as their LBs. They have got to upgrade their talent at LB and Safety this offseason. Especially against the run.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This really sucks, I thought when it is all said and done Jameson would be worthy of the top 10 pick and would be deemed consensus top receiver in the class. Heck, he had 65 yards in a little over a quarter in the Georgia game, could end up with 200 yards there easily. He really exploded this year, had ability to separate, and is also a year younger than most top guys like Garrett Wilson. With torn ACL though, and given the injuries Jets already had - this changes things to the point where there is no way he ends up on the Jets unless he drastically slides.

3. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Jameson Williams probably goes mid-2nd round now

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He probably does not fall that low, but may be available in the second round. I now think JD may not take a WR top 10. Garrett and London seem to be the best of the bunch, it would be interesting if London is back in time for combine and pro days etc. That might elevate his stock to top 10. It is very possible JD trades out of top 10 though or even trades up late into the first round using 2nd round pick and a later one to snag one of these WRs in the 20s.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Love to trade down with the Jamal pick, pick up an extra 1st in 23, then take Kyle Hamilton at 15. Get our third 1st round pick AND a better Safety than the one we traded!

barfolomew likes this.
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that would be reaching twice in the top ten....noooooooo thanks bruh

KingRoach likes this.
  7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

After Tibs and Hutch the remaining 1st rounders all will be over drafted this year probably. The only player that should be a high pick is Hamilton, but I am not on board with taking a safety at 4.

Everyone raves and says Linderbalm is a generational talent, a darn near cant miss prospect. If he turns into Mangold or Kevin for us would you look back and say we picked him too high at 4. Me personally I would rather we identify specific players and get them.

Burke's, yeah he is a reach but he will go top 25 more than likely. We all talk about getting Zach weapons. He has his LG, hopefully his LT, and then we give him his center. With Burke's I am looking at the way our team is currently built. We dont have a single player than can mimic what he does. We all bashed the Bengals for taking Chase instead of an offensive lineman. What happened, they won their division...That goes to identify our teams weaknesses (tons), and find players that can plug holes.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Look at Treylon Burks. He's a perfect fit, would be a perfect #1 to pair with Moore, and is a good blocker. He's the WR the Jets should be targeting. Even though he's a great prospect, Wilson is too small. You can't have both of your top 2 WRs being shrimps in an offense that relies on WRs blocking. That also makes it much more difficult for the QB as the windows and catch radiuses becomes miniscule.

9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

I was going in the direction of th eitalics when you said the bold.

I'd love to see some #'s, charts... cos what I see is a shittone of 1st rnd busts year after year.

Baker Sam Rosen

as Bugs would say

one 2, 3 strikes yer out

10. Losmeister

anyone who knows anything about European Football will know that rooting for Sheffield Wednesday is so much more of a thing than ever rooting for the Jets could be.

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

LOL! "Shrimps" at WR. Thx for the humor, and I agree Wilson is too small for 1st round.

I guess you have to draft the way the board lines up, but I would like 3 of the jets top 5 picks to be on defense. We were 32nd in the league on defense, and for some unknown reason Saleh is bringing back the same D coordinator. Perhaps defense is where Douglas will throw his free agent $$, I 'm not sure. But you know the jets need major changes on defense when New England without Brady drops about ninety points on you in two games.

Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I am trying to say. This year we had the midget squad with Braxton, Elijah, and Crowd. We didnt have a single tightend or wideout that was able to go up and make a play, snag the ball out of the air, and make a contested catch. We had a wideout core of Spud Webb's. I look at Burke's as a wideout similar to Q but way freaking better. Maybe a Julio Jones light or D.K. type player.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Don't remind me. Major bust!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

14. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Why?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

15. Losmeister

CD and Mims were SPOSED to be those go and get it guys

cval, NCJetsfan and KingRoach like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure one of the first two picks will be Edge, likely the first one. It's extremely hard to find a good one in free agency, and typically crème of the crop is gone early in the draft with more of crap, like Jachai Polite, spilling into the second round. If you look, there are top two Edge guys, like Hutch and Kayvon, then you have drop off, then Karlaftis and Ojabo, then bunch of lesser players. I am not sure if Ojabo would be a good scheme fit. That is why I have a feeling Jets might target Karlaftis, depending on how the process goes.

There are also a couple of really good tackles, like Neal, Ekwonu, and Cross. That is why I see a possibility where Jags would want to take LT to protect Lawrence and be OK to trade back to 4th, giving us Hutch and us not necessarily paying a heavy price. I know JD traded up before, and there is a feeling he won't do it again, but if there is a chance to get Hutch, I think he will, depending on the price. Especially if JD feels gap is large between Hutch and Karlaftis. If that does not happen, I see him outright taking Karlaftis at 4 or maybe trading back a couple of spots and still taking him. I don't think Karlaftis will be there at 10. Very versatile, younger than Hutch and Kayvon, and has elite traits and major potential. Edge players like that don't last. That's why whether we stay put, trade up or down a bit, I think we end up with Hutch or Karlaftis with the first pick when it is all said and done.

Then at #10, I think there may be a couple of different options. Linderbaum, Burke, and maybe Cross/Ekonwu, or Hamilton may slide. Depending on who is there, JD might want to trade back in case someone moves up for a QB. But I think he does not trade back far, so that he can still end up with one of them. I have a feeling it could be Linderbaum. While McGovern is fine at C, we need to improve OLine, an all pro C can improve guys around him. McGovern could then play RG. Burke might get up there as well, but I am not sure JD will spend #10 overall on him. I see a possibility where he trades up 35th pick 10-15 spots into the first round to pick up Burke/Olave/London/Garrett.

17. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

QB busts sure, but that's cause they're overdrafted.

You can count on one set of hands how many 2nd or 3rd rounders made contributions that were better than replacement level. Not to say they won't eventually be better but if the argument is for improving next year, day 2 draft picks aren't the answer. Even Moore was pretty easily replaced by Berrios.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yeah, he can be the backup to Wilson.

JackBower likes this.
  19. Losmeister

BTW, i didnt make a comment about #'s and charts, data to be CHALLENGING...

but it'd be cool to see, say, a 10yr l;ook back and examine the draft in the way you mention...
    get some approximation of an avg players and see where the above average ones come from by draft position...

20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Why not?