Jets and Yank Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 8, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I never hated the Mets, and I've always rooted for them to do well even though their fans are haters. The same goes for the Giants. I just can't root against a New York team.

However, it's making it a lot easier for me to root against the Giants whenever I hear their fans talking smack about the Jets, and players like Justin Tuck doing the same. Lost a lot of respect for the Giants after hearing Justin Tuck speak. Fuck them this season now.

Well, I've never hated the Gianst

2. LWC611

LWC611 Member

I am a Jets Yankees fan as well. Always have been, however I did root for the Mets in 86 when they played the Redsox....

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

For me its Jets,Yanks,Isles. Have no interest in B ball.

4. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I'm a Jets-Yankees fan and spent my youth getting punched-out by obnoxiuos Mets-Giants fans in Brooklyn. That Mets-Jets, Yankees-Giants same fan base is old school thinking. A lot has changed about how teams connect with fans since those days.

Oh, and my f'n first wife was a Mets-Giants fan. One guess how that turned out.

5. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

I'm a Yanks/Jets fan, but oddly enough two of my best friends are Mets/Giants.

6. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

I dont think you can fully appreciate hating the Patriots unless your a Yankees fan and have that extra hate for anything in the Boston area. Im a Yankees fan first and was taken to my first Jets game by my behind the house neighbor/Biology teacher back in the 80's and have been a die hard Jets fan ever since.

7. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

Jets/Yankees fan....yanks inherited from my dad and jets fan by choice

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jets and Yanks fan here and I am enjoying the success of the Jets AND Yankees right now. Will not always happen, but I love it when it does.

For me the JETS come first and YANKEES come second...I think the countless losses and rooting for the Jets to has made me breathe and love the Jets team much more than the Yankees who are perennial winners

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Lifetime Jets-Yankees fan here but I don't have hatred for the Mets or Giants. As long as they're not playing the Jets or Yankees I go for the other NY teams. There's nothing better than a subway series IMO.

10. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

The thing that pisses me off about the Yankees the most, is they won the friggin AL DS last night, and the people next door were partying til about 5 am, their windows open, screaming, loud music, and dancing... I mean.. It's like they've never won the AL DS before... Just so annoying, and obnoxious

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

[​IMG]

12. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

Jets Yankee fan here!!

13. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

How is it hating?

I dont mind when the Yankees win (Hint: everyone in my family is a yankees fan, except me.) but when people are partying till 5 am over the AL DS... It's a little silly.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I have a ton of friends who are Yanks fans. Almost all of them are Yanks/Giants fans. They really do tend to be obnoxious sometimes.....especially towards the Mets fans I know.

I think having it rough as a Jets fans makes it easier to be humble. I truly APPRECIATE the Yankees success and never rub it anyones face.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Jets, Mets, and Isles for me. Whenever Yanks are in playoffs though I root for them because I like to see NY dominate sports. And I always root against Philadelphia and Boston no matter what.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Jets Knicks Mets

I enjoy bathing in tears

17. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

It's funny how so many Yankee fans really dont have any hatred for the Mets, it reminds of that guy who is on with Michael Kay on ESPN, I dont remember his name, but he filled in for the late show one night, and the dude is a Mets fan and hates the Yankees so much its crazy, it was like listening to Fatty on the Jets. Anyway one caller calls and says I'm a Yankees fan and I don't hate the Mets I actually hope they do will, because I want to see all NY teams do well. And the guy starts laughing and hangs up on the caller and says I can't listen to fake fans or something along those lines. He was also claiming earlier in the day on the Michael Kay show that he thinks Billy Crystal is a fraud of a Yankee fan cause Crystal said he rooted for the Mets when they were in the playoffs in 2006 or 07, I forget. And because he wore a Mets jersey in City Slickers, I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" The dude was such a fucking asshole, and he waited for Crystal to get off the phone with them on the show to start bashing him like a bitch.

#97 JetsYankeesThrylos, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

there are a bunch like that on here in the baseball forum. basically had a mets jerk off party in 2004. They had interchangeable Met/redsuck hats on.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Like rooting against the Yankees all the damn time, especially last year during our playoff run. It was sad and annoying.

20. How much is generational? Certainly, there is a group who come from strong establishment, Giants/Yankees roots. And the late 60s and early 70s brought about an anti-establishment Jets/Mets group.

Many of my generation, born in the mid-70s and growing up in the mid-80s, gravitated to the Mets and Giants when those two teams were the most successful in the area. I was not among them, as I remained Jets and Mets. The mid-late 90s may have produced a lot more Yanks fans, some of whom bought into the Jets during the Parcells era, and others who gravitated toward some of the better Giants teams.