Jets and Yank Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 8, 2010.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. I've been a loyal Jets/Yankee/Knicks fan since I was 9 years old. And in general, I don't see why anyone would question what combination of teams you root for as long as you are loyal to each team. Met fans who have a problem with that can eat a dick.

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I wonder if I'm the only rare breed of Yanks, Jets, Nets, and Devils fan?

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yea I know a bunch of Mets/Giants fans.. It's almost like the Yanks/Jets arguemnt I guess.. IDK.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

My cousin is a Jets, Yankees, Devils fan... So they exist.

5. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

Mets/Jets fan here. But when it comes down to it, who really cares about Baseball when Hockey and Football are being played. The two best contact sports on earth being played everyday. Rangers and Jets both play Monday night! So happy hockey season is starting and that the Jets are playing great. Baseball ehh, as long as the Phils don't win I don't give two shits about these playoffs.

6. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Im always looked at like I have ten heads when I tell the ole schoolers that I am a Jets and Yankees fan. Its a great time right now. 09 was good too, jets afc championship, obviously yanks champs

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Preach! The prophecy will be fulfilled!!!

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't really care about hockey but I'm a big fan of the other 3

9. 624

624 Banned

I'm a Jets/Yankees fan...I'll follow it to an extent but baseball really doesn't mean that much to me.

10. julani

julani New Member

I am a Jets/Yanks fan but I don't think it's really important to join fan bases together to have us as New Yorkers further divided. My teams are going good that is all I care about. When I'm watching the Yanks play I'm only thinking about the Yanks game and the same thing with the Jets.

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I am all of the above, but the Nets are leaving New Jersey and I hate the way they've managed the team since 2004...all they wanted to do with that franchise was leave for Brooklyn that seemed to be their sole priority. I was glad they fell to #3 in the draft because they deserve it. I probably won't root for them ever again. That said, I dislike the NBA more and more each year and the LeBron James Me era is getting old.

My liking of the Yankees has gone back since I was three years old. My dad grew up 3 blocks away from Yankee stadium so you know he was gonna pass it down to me. I didn't bother with football until 1997 when I was 9 or 10 years old. My dad is a Jets fan too, but I picked the Jets by myself. I thought 1998 made the Jets much more of an interesting team than the Jints. I have always found the Jets more interesting to root for, even when the Giants have been a better a team. Devils and Nets come from the fact that I live in NJ and support a team if NJ has one, if not I default to New York teams.

12. jgangstahippie7:18

Yankees, Jets, Knicks, and Rangers
    My dad and uncle were Yankee fans before the Mets came into existence.
    My big sister went to Hofstra so I had to be a Jet fan.

13. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

You're right about that. I'm a Mets fan and I do the same. There are just way too many people that proclaim they're Yankee fans yet know nothing about the team.

Who runs around telling people they're Met fans if they're casually into baseball? That's not the cool thing to be.

14. Oasis

Oasis Member

Let's go Red Bulls!!

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yup. Fuck em all the way to number 28!

Jets/Yankees here

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fuck the faggot ass Red Sox.

17. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

god i envy u yankee fans

i have to root for a sorry ass franchise that can't even get to the playoffs. When they get there or get a chance to get there, they fucking choke

idk why i ever chose to be a mets fan when i was younger. deep down i must be a masochist

18. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I grew up in AZ so the only thing I have going for me right now is the Jets. D-backs suck, Suns just could never get the job done and the Coyotes well they are the Coyotes. I don't hate the Yanks because the D-backs got the better half of the World Series they played. Must be nice to have 27 freakings rings and could be well on their way to 28 this year. I am just happy that I became a Jets fan before the cards came to AZ. Go! Jets! :beer:

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im a Mets fan so ehh 69 anyone? to bad i wasnt born yet.

20. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I'll admit first and foremost I am a Yankee fan, though I still love the Jets.