Jets acquire Percy Harvin!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Idzik has traded 2 4th rounders now and each time he has traded for an early prime player with a history of explosive impact plays who has been devalued by injuries. It's an interesting strategy. So far it has worked with Chris Ivory. Hopefully we get a good result out of Harvin, who is a higher caliber player than Ivory was coming in.

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

On top of that, his presence keeps safeties honest so single high looks will always be afraid to stray too far from Harvin's side. A quick pump fake to a crossing Harvin will pull guys out of their zone or off their man, because you always have to play preemptively against a guy who can hurt you like he can.

3. Gunther

Gunther Member

I just see the trade for Percy as acknowledgment that our WRs don't scare anyone. We are one of the teams that you don't have to prepare for our offense.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm sure Atlanta wished they never drafted Matt Ryan or Indy would gladly give back the Andrew Luck pick. Can you imagine if Green Bay had passed on Aaron Rodgers... Point being, if there's a blue chip at a position of need, you fill that need. Our need for offense far outweighed our need for a safety unless you're Rex Ryan to whom there's NEVER a need for a high round offensive pick. BPA doesn't always work. It hasn't so far with the Jets anyway.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  5. MaximusD163

To anyone who thinks Harvin was traded because of locker room issues...

Watch the video on NFL.com where Michael Robinson talks about the Harvin-Tate confrontation. Robinson was the FB for Seattle last year, and specifically says:

This type of things happen all the time in locker rooms, but it doesn't ever come out to the media. He questions why it came out now of all times.

You can tell he is disappointed in the Seahawks organization, because once again an organization is covering it's ass by smearing fan favorite player to hide the fact that the move is financial. Fans always get very upset when they think an organization is not being fair with a player because of money.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The reason he traded for Hsrvin but didn't go after Desean Jackson, something Bob Glauber brought up in his column today is money. Ok so both guys are great talents but flakes. Jackson would have cost a lot of upfront guaranteed money but after this year no guaranteed money is left on Harvin's deal. In other words a great opportunity to see what you are getting without having to kill your cap or budget.

#1046 pclfan, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

CBSSports.Com reported that the Hawks offered the Broncos Harvin for Julius Thomas and the Browns for Jordan Cameron.

Shoot for the moon fellas. Lol. A conditional 6th looks good now.

gustoonarmy likes this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Idzick was half the GM we want him to be he would have gotten the Seahawks to accept Cumberland for Harvin.

9. MaximusD163

If I had to chose between a 6th round pick and keeping Cumberland, I'd chose Cumberland. Most 6th rounders don't amount to much, even on other teams. At least Cumberland is a real NFL player. I'd probably take the 4th rounder over Cumby though.

10. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

LOL at Seattle trying to get Julius Thomas.

Seems like there is a bit of delusion going on in the Hawks front office these days.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Good thing Denver didnt bite on Thomas. He's one of my best fantasy players, if he was on Seattle he wouldn't score much.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Watch out for the spellcheck police ;)

Sounds good to me and until I hear anything concrete to the contrary will go with this

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

No but I expect my GM to not look at a WR corps like us and think that we're OK.

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Why, so a stiff like Zach Sudfeld can be our #2 TE?

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Glauber has a tweet again saying that it's another Santonio Holmes situation. Well the difference again is money. Tanny made a deal for Holmes giving up again an inconsequential draft pick I think a 5th rounder. But he signed him to a huge contract (No. 1 money in the double digits per season) with a lot of guaranteed money. You think Idzik doesn't know that Harvin is a time bomb. But if he acclimates to the Jets and fits in (plus he knows there isn't going to be too many more chances for him) it could be a great deal. Not much to lose other than his large salary this season. These are the same reporters last week ripping Idzik for not getting Rex more weapons on offense. To them everything is for Rex not the team. What are they in man love with the guy.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

74 likes this.
  18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I guess this is true...if you want Percy Harvin on this team...

I, for one, can do with out him. I truly hope I'm proven wrong...but two teams before can't BOTH be wrong...well, that's not true...they could...but I doubt it.

19. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Seahawks offense looks like it could sure use an explosive playmaker right about now

but..
    [​IMG]

slimjasi, deerow84 and legler82 like this.
  20. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Okay, so now we know that the Seahawks believed that Percy Harvin was worth somewhere between the value of Julius Thomas...and nothing.