Jets acquire Percy Harvin!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Getting Harvin now gives them a chance to decide if he is worth keeping.

YOYOYO likes this.
  2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Assuming Harvin is going to be around beyond this year is incredibly risky...ESPECIALLY with the injury history. There's no way, also, the Jets go into next year laying down $10million for this guy...so there will also be a negotiation. We saw what happened during his last negotiation...he ended up in Seattle.

Now, some love Idzik...some hate him...but we can all agree is you stuff coal up his ass a diamond pops out. No way Harvin lands $10million per playing the amount of snaps a year he does....sooooo....let's call this what it is...a 9 game stop-gap. And that is it.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Could be a litmus test for Rex.. OR for the both of them.

4. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Any logical fan knows the season is over. Harvin doesn't have the size to get open on the outside, everyone knows this. This was just a move by Woody to get people to continue to buy tickets this season to see an "explosive" Jets offense. What a fraud

TNJet likes this.
  5. kpak76

kpak76 New Member

It's a conditional pick anywhere from a 2nd round to a 4th round. It's not two draft picks though.

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I don't buy it. maybe they swapped twos

7. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

That I can live with...... If Harvin works out its a steal for us.

8. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

And why didn't we sign desean jackson before the season. He is better and cost almost the same.

9. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the move..harvin is one of my far players in the nfl

a. we needed a explosive player like him, not just now but next year and hopefully for the remainder of the contract, he is only 26
    b. i think he is a great player to pair with decker, in fact it should make decker a better player now that he won't be the main focus from other opponents
    c. now we have a good pair of weapons on the offense, john idzik can focus on the d in the off season
    d. john idzik can get a great level of evaluation on geno smith with a complete core of wr's to determine if geno is the future or not..9 games is plenty
    E. incase geno fails…our new qb will have weapons to play with so it won't be like geno last year with no weapons

almbleamal likes this.
  10. Cman68

Kinda like choosing between a a Badger and a Wolverine. Either one is gonna hurt ya in the long run.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

First Idzik is doing nothing and people hate it. Now he is doing something and the same people hate it. If there were a third option people would hate that too. They just hate Idzik.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Still in shock from this

13. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

and we would not have to give up any pick, jackson is a better player and healthy.

14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'll take Harvin with no guarantees for a conditional pick over DJax with a ton of guarantees any day, even if Djax is a little better.

mikey likes this.
  15. Cman68

Not true. We just question the motives. We question the timing. If you're not a blind homer, you have to ask why make this trade now instead of earlier in the season when it could have made a difference. You have to wonder if the Idzik agenda is at play here. That is, sacrifice 2014 for 2015 and beyond. I think this trade does not happen without all the negative PR from both the media and the fanbase.

16. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

If the Jets traded for Harvin and it ultimately costs a third round pick and he's not here next year, it's a waste. A fourth round pick would be the perfect compensation.

If the Jets traded a 2nd AND a 4th then Idzik is in over his head, because Harvin is not that good. He's a weapon you need to scheme for not a plug and play WR like Marshall, Jeffrey, Dez...guys who are always open, score TDs, improve your RZ effiecieny. That's not Harvin. Plus he has anger issues.

17. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

really, season probably would have been a lot better. could have waited till end of season to get harvin and still kept pick

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I am not worried about what some FF douche has to say

mikey likes this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i think the better question is why not E Sanders?
    would also be a multi-dimensional offensive weapon like Harvin, probably better as an outside receiver, and fills the same punt returner role.
    also was cheaper and cost no draft picks..

even bigger problem is CB imo... i would estimate it cost us both the Patriots and Packers games..

Fiftynine and mikey like this.
  20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He was a different player with the Vikings then he was with the Seahawks. He can get open consistently. I don't know why the Seahawks used him the way they did this year. He was legitimate threat as a Viking. I haven't watched a lot of Seahawks game and he was brilliant in the SB but it felt like the Seahawks used him more as a gadget player.

I hope the Jets line him up and let him play 40+ snaps a week.

freemantoon likes this.