Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

How much would it cost to go to 2 from 3? Maybe it's worth to move one more spot

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

From the Giants? Everything you have.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Time will tell with Keenum if he legit took a step forward or is still the middling nobody he was before. I think he improved but he's still nowhere near elite

But if the Jets believe in their hearts that they can get an elite QB then you still have to make this trade. Yes you can get close with non elite QB's. But for the most part it's the Rodgers and Brady's and Roethlisbergers etc. It's a lot harder to get there...and get there multiple times with a Keenum or Bortles or Sanchez. You may have 1 year when it comes together but you won't stay at the top for long

With the Eagles it's a unique situation. Wentz is well on his way to being elite and did most of the regular season heavy lifting. Foles I believe is average at worst and with the right tools around him elevates his game to above average. He's not down at the Sanchez level or anything like that

CotcheryFan likes this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

We saw it with our own team....one game from the super bowl in back to back seasons with a great team and generally bad QB

I just don't think it's smart to invest so much into one big gamble....Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, all of them are all massive gambles no matter how much you or Macc think they KNOW that they're franchise QBs

I'd rather build my team and foundation up and keep taking stabs at QBs...hell even a QB at 6 overall while keeping the THREE 2nd round picks, you'd be OK if he busts moving forward

Now, if the QB at 3 busts we are in a huge hole for years...

tbruner12 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

will certainly make the draft more interesting - the browns will need to be thinking through their strategy carefully as they will assume Giants and Jets both taking QBs so waiting for #4 will be risky if they go RB at #1

6. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Tbh, I expect the person whom the Browns draft at 1 to pull a Manning on them.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

what happens for shits and giggles if Browns go Barkley 1 and Giants go Nelson at 2? Then who you pickin?

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Darnold. Have to. But as a fan, I wouldn’t care which of him, Rosen or Mayfield we chose.

jonnyd likes this.
  9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Trade back with Denver and take whichever QB falls LOL

But honestly I hope its Baker Mayfield

NCJetsfan and TonyFtLaud like this.
  10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that would absolutely be the thing to do :)

11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

For me this was quite a surprise - never would have bet any amount that Mac would make such a bold move. That being said, I will support whomever they take at #3 - but take this to mind, Barkley is the best player in the draft. No one should be graoning and moaning over this deal. It's done, let the chips fall where they may.

There's quite a number of scenarios regarding who the Browns/Giants take - but one I don 't see the Browns taking is Rosen since he expressed his displeasure at playing in Cleveland. Either Darnold or Rosen will fall to them at 3 - I would take either!!!!!

Do not at all believe Mac would trade up to 3 to go after a 6'.8" QB in Mayfield - that doesn't seem to be his style, imo.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hmm, i think he is moving up for Allen. He loves big QBs

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Barkley, Chubb and Nelson may all be the best player in the draft but you don't trade up to take a DL and you don't trade up to take a OG but they say Nelson could play LT too and that you might trade up for. I agree though that if you can't get the QB you made that trade for then you take Barkley.

14. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

There's no way to know if that scenario will play out so it is not a very strong argument . Bills could easily take Allen, and Colts may still trade out at 3 to some other team.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The deal is a slight overpayment...But its all worth it if you pick the right quarterback for your franchise.

Problem is guys...We have no clue who will be the best QB out of the 4 everyone is after

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If we lost another game or 2, we wouldnt have to pay to trade up. But no, we had to fight for that 5-11 season.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand your perspective, but what if the Colts had other teams wanting the pick, and the Colts wanted to make a decision so they would know where they were picking anad could plan for the draft accordingly?

There were no guarantees that one of the four QBs would have been there at #6, and even if so, more than likely, that would be Allen, and he's the one most likely to bust. There's absolutely no way the Jets should have rolled the dice and just stayed put at #6. If they had a conditional trade, that would have been fine with me, but I'm glad to know that we now have a real shot at getting a QB or THE QB we want.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think you meant 6'0"

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think Mac knows, this is the move he needs to save his job. Another mediocre year and they will fire him and Bowles. Still I do think he sees something here in one of the Qbs.

I just imagine if its Hackenberg ish then it will be Allen instead of Baker. I dont know how I feel about this. Baker is the sexy pick, Allen may be the right one

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Now watch him take Chubb or Nelson! ;)