Jets 31st of 32 in latest Power Rankings

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Guy, May 18, 2006.

1. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Let me correct myself- it was only for our pick of D'Brickashaw... he has a serious mancrush on Leinart. He gave us a B overall.

2. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I don't put much stock into Power Rankings at this point in the offseason. But Prisco is a moron, and has a complete lack of any football knowledge. I am always amazed he spells his name right.

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

This power ranking is a joke.

Bills and Lions shouldn't be above us, nor should Houston yet.

And why Miami and New England are so high is beyond me.

4. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

It's so ridiculous that they're actually doing this 4 months before the season starts. They need to up the schedule to include 18 regular season games I think.

5. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

I like being the underdog. It seems like the Jets always do better when they aren't expected to win.

6. WestKyJetsFan

WestKyJetsFan New Member

Good lord... Bills, Texans, Titans, Saints, Lions, and 49ers are seriously in worse shape then us. Likewise we're in a pack with the Packers, Browns and Dolphins (Harrington to start the season then a rusty Culpepper who sucked last year? Not a recipe for success). Then figure that a couple teams that made the playoffs could totally fall off the map (just like we did last year). A .500 season is quite possible and you never know about the rest.

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i second that kind sir! haha these people know nothing and what they do know is even questionable

8. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'd be more worried if we were overrated in one of those useless lists.

All I have to judge Magini on is one minicamp. And the fact that I don't know what happened in it is already an improvement on Herman Edwards.

9. Hazardous Waters

"And please don't say anything about the loss of Jerome Bettis. He won't be missed."

Prisco sickens me every time I see one of these power rankings.

He says that line just like Jerome was there for 2 years and was a 3rd stringer. It's not like Pittsburgh fans took him for granted.

[​IMG]

No, the fans just hated him, Petey...they fucking hated him.

After all, Prisco is the mighty ruler and we must follow his words of wisdom.

Why hasn't he been fired yet?

10. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Not even close to the same question marks. Bills are pretty much all set. Their D is tough and griding, not to mention experienced. They have with young back and a good pair of WRs. They just have their young 1st round QB, they need to bloom. They shouldn't have pulled him last year.

Lions have a good D. Heck of a back in Kevin Jones. No need to bring up the talent of thier WR corp. OL is in question, but so are most. Again, QB is the issue they struggle with. It may be solved, it may not.

Either way, both of these teams are pretty much stable in all areas accept some OL and their young QBs. McCown and JP can still develope into the teams franchise players with some time. If that does happen, they are set.

Not the same situation as with the Jets.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Did you know that the Bills ranked 24th in pts scored and allowed last season and 29th in yards gained and allowed? That's an amazingly symmetrical, not to mention bad, performance.

6-10. Maybe. When a team collapses significantly in a coaches second season it usually takes more than another year to get things together.

The Lions are the laughingstock franchise in the NFL right now. That's what happens when you put a talking head with no management experience at any level in charge of your team. He talks a great game and the team sucks wind year after year.

5-11 again if they're lucky. Although I really think the Lions will implode this year and finally chuck Millen out the door. The players have to be getting awfully tired of watching him take receivers in the top 5. Even Ernie Sims isn't going to change that.

12. Dbrickdaman

Dbrickdaman New Member

The bills "experienced defense" must be another word for horrible defense..three 3rd string Qbs..no oline...
    Anyone mention the brows are strting charlie frye backed up by ken dorsey...AND ALSO THE RAIDERS COME ON THE RAIDERS.. aaron brooks, he did great thing in new orleans

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I think the Pats should be ranked No 2 over all.:) I agree the fish are a little high but over all you can't really argue about where we are. 28th or 32 there really isn't a lot to seperate there. I agree it's meaningless at this point but overall I think the rankings were pretty good. You can quibble a little bit with any power ranking.

14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Leinart, eh? Well, there were eight other teams that passed on him like we did. Tells you something is going on there. And I'll take nine NFL FOs opinions over this guy any day of the week.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

We won't be that bad/good, (dependent on where you stand!) But I do think that we are going to be a team that others will not like to play especially in the run-in to the play-offs. I'm not too bothered where we finish this year as previously mentioned this is at least a 2 year rebuild.

16. Sean_in_titletown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwBbBY0tf6E

the NE offense has been re-stocked. They'll be at the top of the leauge for as long as Brady and Belichick are running the show. The Dolphins are OVERRATED. I think the Jets will most definitely be better than the Bills. They're being run by two guys who were older than Mangini is now when Kennedy was assasianted.

17. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I could see Leinart becoming the next Mark Gastineau. I'm not talking about on the field, I'm talking about certain women getting in the way.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I completely agree wit you. your offense will be magnificient for quite some time. the loss of a few of your key players raises a slight question though.

our situation is self explanatory for anyone who knows football, its just time to see what the new staff makes these guys do on the field.

the phins are improving but are ALWAYS overhyped.

bills are garbage.

but to be honest i wouldnt be surprised if we won at least half of our divisional games. if manginis operations off the field are indicative of what will be going on, on the field at least.

19. ArgyleFury

ArgyleFury New Member

I think these rankings were picked out of a hat. Totally ridiculous.

Jets 8-8 to 9-7 this year:beer:

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Like they have played a single down already...