Jets 2015 Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have mind the bold. Also I think Idzik would spend more for a coach he hand picked. Whether or not he would have spent wisely, we don't know. However, I think he would have continued to screw up the draft which more times than not will always torpedo your chances of "sustainable success" no matter what you do in FA.

2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I bet Idzik would have waited until after the Super Bowl hoping to land Quinn, would have let all the other good prospects hire somewhere else and then Quinn would have gone to ATL anyway

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bowles has run both the 3-4 and the 4-3 as a defensive coordinator. I wouldn't be surprised if this year was an evaluation year to see what defense they want to run primarily going forward.

I for one, wouldn't mind a transition to 4-3. Let Richardson and Wilk be DTs with Coples being the 4-3RE and a big time pass-rusher on the other side. It's a very versatile defensive line already. You can create mismatches, move Wilk and Coples around.

themorey likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Patience.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying that transitioning to a 4-3 was necessarily a bad thing, although I would be surprised if that's what winds up happening. I just meant that it would change draft priorities in that we'd need an edge-rushing LDE rather than OLB. We'd have less need for ILBs and need smaller, faster OLBs. I don't see Bowles transitioning. It would take several years and the offense needs those picks As it is, the Jets can mix things up to take advantage of situations and to seek an edge, but I think they will stay in the 3-4 under Bowles. We also don't know if Richardson, Wilk and Coples would be as effective playing a 4 man front full time. They probably would.

I also think that if they were to make a switch, Coples possibly would move to DT beside Wilk. He was more effective inside in college. Richardson has better speed, and probably would be more effective remaining at DE.

6. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Well, Bowles would have likely gone to Atlanta, which would have left Quinn for the Jets.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Most of these edge rushers in the draft can perform as 4-3DE or a 3-4OLB. Jets linebacking core will need revamping down the road, Harris will be here for 2 years, you don't know what you have in Demario Davis completely. A lot of questions at that position going forward. Jets still need that inside linebacker that can play sideline to sideline and make plays. I don't see that linebacker on our roster right now. Haven't seen one since Vilma.

Richardson, Wilk and Coples in a 4-3 front? They would definitely succeed in my opinion. The defensive line would be the least of your worries.

All pure speculation, but fun to talk about. The offense of course, comes first - we have 2 years to build the offense up if anything. Plenty of vets on the defensive side of the football.

8. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't buy it.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn