Jets 2015 Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The last part is a bit pie in the sky. The last g.m. was fired in part for swinging and missing on a 2nd rd qb. If mariotta busts i can't believe mac n bowles will have more than 2 more drafts before we drag out the. pitchforks and torches.

James Hasty likes this.
  2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I think the last GM was fired because he missed on nearly every pick. If you miss every pick, you can't sustain a team. On top of that, he did nothing in FA (which I was a supporter of because I thought it was a weak FA class last year). This group, in my opinion, has utilized the enormous budget Idzik left them with and built a fairly solid squad, one without a QB. Fitzpatrick is an improvement in my opinion. 1st round picks only work out like 50% of the time anyway. I say you take the chance. And they'd look dumber passing on a major need if he does pan out. Ultimately, who knows. NFL scouts still know better, and he's either really high on everyone's list or really low.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Pretty sure Idzik did more then just fuck up 1 draft pick. I don't think Idzik got fired because he drafted Geno Smith.

Idzik was an idiot with no plan whatsoever.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

idzik was fired because he was allowed to rebuild, but then halfway into it he was no longer allowed to rebuild and was fired for doing something that woody signed off on originally.

dont get me wrong, im glad he is gone because i didnt believe in his eye for talent. but he didnt get a super fair shake.

ajax, Dom, wewantsapp and 2 others like this.
  5. jerseyjay14

looking at what mclain signed for makes me want to vomit when i look at harris contract

6. 101GangGreen101

Idzik signed off on keeping Rex. That agreement with Woody. If he didnt want Rex, he shouldn't have accepted the job in the first place.

He was also an awful talent evaluator to boot. Idzik is a dumbass.

Big Blocker likes this.
  7. FJF

Pretty sure i said "in part" and not soley because of geno. The facts remain the same that he was shown very little patience with his draft picks and i would predict the same for mac if he chooses the duck and the duck goes bust

8. 101GangGreen101

As much as everyone hated the Geno draft pick, I don't think that played much of a role in Idzik getting fired. Plenty of other factors to consider.

9. FJF

i think if geno had shown he was on the track to being a good qb last season rex and idzic would still be here. The fact he didn't added to the appearance of dispair that made woody do what he did, for better or worse. 3 years from now if we are still wallowing between wildcard and missing playoffs with questions at qb and marcus on the roster there is no reason to believe there won't be the same outcry for change

10. 101GangGreen101

I think the GM and HC are both on the same page and have a shared vision. I believe that will yield better results. We will just have to see.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yea no. Russell was already an elite passer in college.

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

yup.. he's my 3rd favorite jet automatically after this tweet.. feels good to know he chose us and we weren't just forced on him.

14. jerseyjay14

i wasnt talking about rex. woody signed off on a rebuild. then after a 1.5 years he changed his mind. you cant tella guy eh can rebuild, then fire him in the middle because the team didnt make the playoffs.

i agree awful talent evaluator and thats why im glad he is gone, but he still didnt get a fair shake

ajax likes this.
  15. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

He got Sheldon Richardson, that was a good pick. I think Enemkpali is gonna be good. His only not so good picks were Milliner, Geno, George, Boyd, Enunwa, Saunders, Dixon, Winters, Campbell... Well 2-9 ain't so bad right.

I'm being sarcastic.

Yeah, the drafting was bad. Though we shall see how Pryor, Amaro, McDougle, Dozier, Aboushi, Evs, Enemkpali, and Reilly turn out.

16. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

Brad Smith is a free agent. And yes, I am embarrassed to say that I would be excited about signing a 31 year-old Brad Smith.

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  17. elgoman

elgoman Active Member

The offense was horrible last year and Idzik's negligence in getting weapons to help Geno and/or Geno's passing failures led to Idzik's eventual firing. All in all, Geno probably had some part to play in Idzik's firing. Most GMs don't survive a QB bust.

18. MikeSLTJ23

Oh I agree. I was of the unpopular opinion that Idzik deserved more time. If you can't judge a draft until 3 years in, how do you judge a GM? but I was a fencesitter with that opinion. I wasn't unhappy or happy with the move. I thought he rightly didn't spend a lot which put Mac in the position to have the offseasom he had. But his drafts in the short term sucked for the most part. Time will tell!

FJF likes this.
  19. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

He chose the Jets because it would help his media career. He hardly ever talks about why he liked the trade without mentioning the market, it's not like he's just a big fan of the year 1969

Something tells me his regular appearances on HBO are going to become an issue with the coaches

20. MikeSLTJ23

I'm confused. Are you trying to say that Russell Wilson was a better college QB than Mariota was?