Jets 2015 Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm not upset at all about Iupati. He got big money and not an amount I would have liked to pay. He was overpaid big time.

2. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Guess I'll be watching nfl network all day again

James Hasty likes this.
  3. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

3x pro bowler, elite run blocker, average pass blocker. i would say slightly overpaid, but really, who isn't overpaid in free agency?

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Agreed but I'd rather spend less and draft someone.

Not to mention he wasn't leaving the West Coast

5. JETS1116

NYJets17 likes this.
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Mario likes this.
  7. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Trade really wouldn't the most likely release him if tthey sign hoyer why waste anything to trade for him

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Jets think someone else might want him and I think we picked up an extra 7th with the Marshall deal, didn't we? His salary if we trade is 3.25M.

9. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

This.

Houston picks up a draft pick for a player they were going to cut anyways. Jets get a QB at $3.25M without having to bid on him.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

My latest targets

Cromartie CB
    McQuistan S
    Orakpo OLB
    Farley / Terrance Knighton DT
    Wisniewski OG
    Spiller / Forsett / Ridley RB
    Jermaine Gresham TE

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I'd really like Wisniewski as he can play guard now and become the center in a few years if we want to part ways with Mangold. I'm not sure what he'd cost.

Spiller is obviously interesting.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Add in that both Mac and Chan are familiar with Fitz, and I am thinking this is why it will happen. Then the Jets can wait and see if Mariota falls to 6, and I will be a happy camper.

All the talk of Cutler, Foles, Bradford, the FA possibilities, may be trumped by the relative ease of doing the deal with Houston.

As for this recent idea of Brees being on the trading block, what is NO going to want for him? I just think the FO is going to take their chances on Mariota falling to 6. If he doesn't, then he doesn't - I never saw the Jets trying to trade up to get Mariota.

Would hte Jets be better of with Cutler, Foles or Bradford than Fitz? Yes, but what would it take to make any of those a possiblity? Fitz may be the choice based on those considerations.

13. JETS1116

Current Holes: Guard, Speed RB, Pass Rushing OLB, FS, Veteran QB

$22 million cap space available

$3.25 for Fitzpatrick brings this to $18.75.
    Speed RB and Pass Rushing OLB can be grabbed in the draft
    What guards/free safeties do we want?

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If we could get Brees for our 2nd or 3rd round pick, I'd be all over it, although I'd be shocked if they accepted that deal. AFAIK, they don't have a young QB waiting in the wings to take over, so don't know who they play on starting if they trade Brees. On the Saints website they list Luke McCown and Ryan Griffin as the other QBs, but on the ESPN site they only list Griffin. Is McCown still there? Has Griffin ever taken a snap in the NFL, and even if he has, is he any good? I've never even heard of that guy. I imagine that Saints fans are about ready to form a lynch mob for trading Graham. If they trade Brees, I think the fans would "storm the castle."

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like his aggressiveness and that he has been active in the FA market, but it's starting to look like he's perhaps a little too reactionary in trying to distancing himself from Idzik, and he's starting to look a little too much like Tanny to suit me. I could see making Franklin the highest paid OG in the NFL because he's so good both in pass protection and run blocking and is only 26 I think. Offering to make Iupati, who is not a good pass protector and who is 28, I believe, the highest paid NFL OG makes a lot less sense to me. That said, he seems to have a plan and is going after it, not sitting back over thinking or being hesitant like Idzik.

16. ppls17

ppls17 Member

I read this site about 100 times a day (i know it might be an issue lol) i dont post alot but i must say while im not the biggest revis fan out there i love the offseason so far. Our secondary with or without cro should be sick, defensive line is already nasty and linebackers are solid. I personally feel Davis will thrive under this coach. On offense we improved in scheme, in talent with marshal and the new lineman. I was someone who thought Iz had better drafts than given credit for and think amaro,pryor and milliner (depending on cro deal) will all be much better this season. I think this is prob the most well rounded team in 10 seasons plus. All that is before a draft where we can go BPA and not miss any glaring holes. I am super exited about the upcoming season

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Time to lockup big MO. C'mon

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 7m7 minutes ago
    Jets hoping to strike a deal with Chargers safety/cornerback Marcus Gilchrist today. He's in Florham Park #nyj

Falco21 and Mario like this.
  19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Mo should probably wait until after this season and we should lock him up now before price goes up. he's going to have 15 sacks w/ the secondary we are assembling.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner