Jenkins done 4 the year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Welcome back to earth JJ. Just think, now that we can stop dreaming of a Jet SuperBowl, we can sit back, watch the Kid start to get out of diapers, into his training pants, and see how fast he grows up in the NFL. I'm hoping he doesn't turn into Joey Harrington along the way.

Jenkins' loss will also force Ryan to redesign his schemes and utilize different looks and that can't be bad. At the very least, it will force teams to get new film on DRex and adapt. Hell, if they go to a 4-3, even the Ghost might show up and make a great play.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was reading through the thread waiting for some one to point this out, I think we will do better at the 4-3 since it changes the gap assignments, that is the whole premise with Rex's defense, it was constantly changing attack points, yes other teams started picking up on it and if you guy's noticed the overload blitz was not getting to the qb because the O-Line was not looking for individuals to pick up, it was a zone block where they all stood next to each other and minimized pressure.

Also I noticed a change in the formations opponents are using against us, I see more 2 tight ends to pick up the blitz.

Hey if the saints can be successful with the 4-3 and stunt blitzing I don't see why we can't be.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i'm not worried about jenks.

1- this is the time of year he starts to fade anyway
    2- we all know we need to develop another 400 lb nose tackle
    3- next season jenks will be fresh AND we will have another developed 400 lb nose tackle. no need to waste a top draft pic since we'll get er done this season.
    4- all's good in jet land.
    5- harris and scott have been playing 'lazy' putting more than necessary on big jenks, and now the 'real' harris and scott will light it up (ok, this one's a stretch)

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

What are you basing the "Fade" stats on?

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Right when he started leaving the field, I looked at my dad and said "Well there goes the season." and handed over my keys and grabbed another pitcher. :eek:hmy::shit:

Well, my attitude from here on will be:

1) If the team responds and makes adjustments, and Sanchez plays like he did the 1st 2 weeks, I will be pleasantly surprised, and jubilant.

2) They tank, but the kid takes his lumps learning how to be a better QB and they get a higher draft pick to solidify the roster and come back stronger next year.

:shit:

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Injuries, man. Last year, the Jets saw Jenks get banged up a bit, but he was still out there, and of course the injury to Favre hurt big time. But the OL avoided major injury, a lucky thing given the lack of bench strength. On the whole, there were fewer injuries than average.

The trenches is where this team is particularly thin. And it was not like the Jets were ferocious run stoppers even with Jenkins in there. The Jets are currently ranked 21st in team run D. Expect that number to get bigger.

7. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Without Big Daddy clogging the middle, we're done. It's that simple.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So are you done watching the games since it's over??

Come on man, have a little faith.

The hard part is over, if we can take care of business in our Division which I still think we can do it's far from over. (i know we have indy and atlanta left)

You could always head over to a Devils forum or something.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At this point, I'm watching the games more to watch Ryan and his staff and how they develop Sanchez. I have absolutely no expectations whatsoever of the playoffs or even an 8-8 season. All I'm looking for is some improvement on the sidelines from our CS and on the field from our QB of the Future/Now.

10. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

If it makes you happy go for it. Football is a team game and we have a coach who knows more than 1 scheme this year.

11. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

That?s nice to still have faith, but we have all seen this team with and without Kris Jenkins the past couple seasons. The difference is enormous.

Think about it.

And who said they were going to stop watching the games?

12. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

prove me wrong Jets and win this weekend against the Raiders, but
    I think we will lose again.

13. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

We won 3 out of 4 without Pace. Granted, Jenkins is more important than Pace in terms of the giant clog he provides on the line but the point is - the team stepped up in Weeks 1-4 and they stepped up big. People thought the lack of Pace would provide a glaring weakness and it didn't. For every weakness, your strengths have to become that much stronger to overcompensate for them. There's more than enough talent on this defense to rise to the occasion and step up. They have to be perfect on the fundamentals like not missing tackles, hitting even harder, etc. now. Perfect!
    So we might be giving up something more against the rush going forward - then, against the pass they have to be that much better. So far so good. Even the Buffalo game was played well defensively. The Miami game stands out as a poor defensive effort. Our defense is 5-1 unofficially.
    The loss of Jenkins makes it much more difficult, but it's not over by a long shot. All of the teams ahead of us in the standings, with the exception of Wilfork (Pats) and Hampton (Steelers), don't have a Kris Jenkins on their team either and they're still ahead of us.
    The whole team just needs to overachieve now to make up for this.

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I have seen this team w/o Kris Jenkins with a HC who was too stubborn or too clueless to change his schemes when he lost the biggest piece of his 3-4 package. Rex has been a DC , he knows how to utilize the players he has available . Let's see how Rex adapts . I feel confident he'll do a better job of making adjustments than mr inflexible.

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Didn't we make the playoffs in '06 with D-Rob as the Nose Tackle? The loss will hurt, but they should be ok.

16. MadBacker Prime

Well at least we signed Howard Green back, him and Pouha are both around 320 pounds, as long as they take up some blockers I'll be happy.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

We won't be as good without Jenkins, but its not like no one is replacing him. It'll be tougher, but we'll still be OK on defense. The offense is the concern.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I disagree. The Jets with Jenkins playing five whole games and part of Sunday's are ranked 21st against the run so far this year. Watch that number climb quickly if the current DL roster is not improved.

19. MadBacker Prime

It's still early for stats like that to hold water.

After our rushing performance against Buffalo, we are the #2 rush offense in the league, after weeks of the forum complaining.

Over the next few weeks I think we'll see where we really lie.

20. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Jenkins is out but Ryan could make adjustments to correct this.

Is it too late to go 4-3 defense? I mean if he's a decent coach, shouldn't he have a solid backup to fix this mess?