Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Todays wind is possibly worse than last night,,,,,,unreal what is going on outside today and right now. Our basketball hoop which weighs a ton blew over,,barely hit my car minimal damage / a dent could have been much worse--Garbage pails all over the street,,,,,my buddies Gazebo is literally GONE zee bo as it is overhead and wrapped in the Telephone lines in his neighbors yard......just crazy out there

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wed nite some snow,,,possibly over the weekend as well-----> then around March 2nd and again on the 4th. Winter is almost over folks and to be honest some like myself still question if it was ever here ? Back to looking at models

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I just hope this March is better than last year where we had 3 or 4 major snowstorms here in NJ (Bergen County) So far the only major pain in the ass was that storm in November where nobody was prepared and it lead to a giant gridlock all around the NY-NJ area.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

No way with the weather lately there is any chance for snow in March...no way....oh...wait....brainfart. I mean where I am. I read about how cold and windy it is and CBG saying things like more snow for this day or that day and I'm thinking, how can 600 miles south be so different. Mid 60s everyday lately...got a few upper 70s and lower 80s in the last few weeks.

just checked models going out 6 days....and have to say, would be a little bit interested in this weekend. Keep an eye out to see if the GFS comes around to the EURO...AND...if the EURO shows the coastal system getting act together a bit earlier..if it does could be a big hmmm.

If the GFS comes out the winner you have a low pressure developing off a cold front and not much...and if the EURO plays out...looks like a snow to rain event. Now...if the EURO speeds up our front by about a half a day, could be something interesting.

After that...temps take a dump...and would keep an eye out first few weeks of March because its a favorable...very favorable pattern. May not convert...but a timeframe to watch out for.

AND LETS SPEND SOME SMART MONEY BABY!!! Lets get Sam some receivers too.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  5. jaywayne12

EDIT: Just saw the models for Wednesday and while most models are spitting out around a few hundreds of an inch or just under an inch of snow...would surprise me looking at the futures/radar if its a 2 to 3 event. Not a biggie...but a difference.

6. jaywayne12

check out the arrogant asshole...quoting himself. moron. hit reply button.

jetophile, Brook! and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jayster If you start to talk about yourself in the 3rd person then and only then would you be an arrogant asshole for now you are still the caped crusader and loved by all ---> hows things I hope all is well

Brook! likes this.
  8. jaywayne12

i always struggled with people that quote themselves...lol...then I did it by accident.

Doing great my man!! Life is pretty damn good. Its around this time of the year that I quickly get over not being up north for snowstorms...March is a great transition down here...and its March that you finally say winter is over. For you? Have a funny gut feeling about the first 2 weeks of March...not necessarily a train of storms but probably the best setup of the winter for the NYC metro area...keep checking but and send the signal if anything jumps at you.

CBG and FJF like this.
  9. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

4 to 6 inches coming our way tomorrow. Getting tired of shovelling, lol.

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Don't disappear my friend as Wed is a wee bit Saturday looks similar but Next Monday and Wednesday look real interesting right now but again we are talking long range models that have absolutely sucked all winter but the setup looks favorable-----stay close to Gotham and the bat phone lol

FJF likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wed nite into Friday still there looks like a nuisance snow and now Friday has shown up on the NAM and the Canadian model,,,,,,,lets see how this plays out but this could be in South jerseys wheelhouse

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Lost a few shingles off my roof Sunday night/Monday morning (rats), and my recycle bin is AWOL. Not many downed trees and didn't lose power, which is shocking, because our power goes out if you breathe too hard on a 70 degree sunny day.

13. jetophile

I've known fellers like that (looks over shoulder, sees mirror, stares at ground in shame).

14. jaywayne12

No!!...CANT BE. lol...actually I have never seen you do that. I have wanted to do that when I nail a storm...but I know there are a few idiots lurking that would bring up the 12 that I got wrong....(bows his head and also stares at ground in shame)

15. jaywayne12

Series of 3 storms possible although the first 2 are vitamin deficient.

First would be Friday...then a second storm would be Saturday/Night. Then the 3rd storm, which has the most potential would Sunday night/Monday. Problem with the 3rd storm is that the EURO initially had it tracking over the benchmark....40/70 long/lat. Now it has the center of the low coming directly over NYC which would have temp issues for all snow..major temp issues. In fact, a possible rain down pour albeit short lived. Only thing that is certain for now is once that storm on Monday passes...TEMPS TAKE A DUMP. Well below temps for at least Tuesday and Wednesday and as CBG stated above....all eyes turn to the middle of the week..which would be in the month of March. (Here is where I would quote myself yesterday or the day before...stating that the first two weeks of March might be interesting for the NYC metro....but JETOPHILE would nail me to the cross.)

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jayster, next week looks real interesting BUT this year too many storms to count have looked interesting days away only to disappoint as far as snow. That said the storms on the 2nd and 4th should at least have our attention---FJAY put your helmet on and get in the game kid = I know winter is almost over but we might have a week or so where we have to pay attention before this winter is finally and painfully over. Stick around Jayster as I speak for many when I say "I luv the insight "

17. jetophile

I did it about a week ago. I meant to edit and somehow wound up quoting myself like an idiot, hahaha.

18. jetophile

16 degrees. Brrrrr!!!! What's the word on accumulation and when is it supposed to start? I'm in Orange Co., NY. I depend on you guys more than Al Roker.

19. jaywayne12

ORANGE COUNTY FROM NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS:

This Afternoon
    A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. Southeast wind around 6 mph.
    Tonight
    Snow likely, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
    Thursday
    A 30 percent chance of snow before 7am. Sunny, with a high near 35. Wind chill values between 10 and 20. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph.
    Thursday Night
    A 20 percent chance of light snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 16. North wind 3 to 5 mph.
    Friday
    Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon.
    Friday Night
    A 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
    Saturday
    A chance of snow before noon, then a chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
    Saturday Night
    A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
    Sunday
    A 30 percent chance of snow after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
    Sunday Night
    A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
    Monday
    Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
    Monday Night
    Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
    Tuesday
    Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.

20. jaywayne12

THIS IS FOR BROOK...MORRISTOWN:
    This Afternoon
    A chance of snow, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
    Tonight
    A chance of snow, mainly between 7pm and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
    Thursday
    Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. North wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
    Thursday Night
    A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
    Friday
    A chance of snow, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Light and variable wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
    Friday Night
    A slight chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
    Saturday
    Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
    Saturday Night
    A chance of rain before 1am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
    Sunday
    Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
    Sunday Night
    A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    Monday
    Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
    Monday Night
    Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
    Tuesday
    Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.

Brook! likes this.