Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Flakes still flying here. Don’t know how much we got. The ice has everything compressed now. It’s a mess though.
    It all washes away Thursday though

2. FJF

Spent all day on the job. My house got about 3” and a lot of ice. Work got about 8” and a little ice. In the freezer tomorrow. Single digit highs up here. Back out of it on Wednesday. Warmer temps and a lot of rain.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

you wanna hear something hilarious ? Euro shows a storm next Sunday / Monday LOLOLOLOLOLOL = screw these weather models Im spent and have had enough!!!!

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Damn Weather models show a POSSIBLE storm next Sunday and Monday

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It is c-c-c-o-l-d out! Damn! My mutt mix has short hair and he pulled me like hell (and he's not a puller) starting from three houses away from ours after he pooped to get home, haha.

I thought it was supposed to snow on Thursday but now @FJF it's rain? And @CBG snow on Sunday? o_O

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Some winters just aren't snowy. Evidently this is one of them...

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman you got that right,,,but there is still time and the damn pattern is just so favorable to storms but so far they have been rain storms,,,,,don't put the salt away just yet

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Build an Ark,,,we might need it Thursday

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I will take rain over snow any day. I don't have to shovel rain and its easier to drive in rain.

10. jetophile

Rain rain go away! It's actually a good thing because then we'll probably drought in the Summer. I like the rain sometimes (I hike through anything), but I especially like it when it's a day where you can sleep in. It's so cozy.

Tell you what I don't like about it. Walking the dog. Some dogs don't like the rain, some dogs hate the rain. My dog hates the rain. It takes forever to get him to go when I know he has to take a colossal dump. Then there's the drying off, him shaking water all over the joint, and having him smell like an old man's wool sweater for at least an hour. :mad:

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jeto and others the rain is going away and the COLD / brrrrrrr is coming back,,,,talk to me in a week

12. FJF

Looking at an event for Tuesday /Wednesday followed by another deep freeze.

13. jetophile

Yeah, hearing it now. Gonna be real cold, but starts out as rain, then ice, then snow, but they never mention accumulation. It's so damn annoying. It's probably just gonna be a mess.

14. FJF

yea, not much for accumulation, temps crash hard after it moves out. will see some below 0 lows and single digit highs

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What a crappy winter Fjay, I mean such a disappointment thus far. Long Range models have been so bad that I kind of want them to show NOTHING at this point and then maybe as it gets closer to any of these events we find ourselves closer to the bullseye and actually with some cold air instead of all the rain. Hopefully Tuesday / Wednesday is farther South then the models are advertising.

FJF likes this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Mister C.

As a snow hater who grew up in a town where it would snow once every 10 years, I feel your pain. Honestly. At this point even if it snows 24 inches in my town I will still welcome it. You were looking forward to winter even in summer. For a snow lover like you, this year has been a bust. I hope you get at least 2 big snow storms rest of this season. I will welcome it. I will probably hate you while cleaning up the drive way but I will be happy for the fact that my dear big brother Mister C is happy.

That's all I got. :)

FJF and CBG like this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook,you are a good man Charlie Brown -----> winter is not over yet but for guys like Fjay and myself this has been very painful, especially when the long range weather models have shown the goods too many times to count only to bust as these events got closer. Not to mention that most of the guidance heading into winter said this might be cold and snowier than past years. There is still time and February might make up for some lost time who knows we might just get a big storm or THREE but yep so far its a huge disappointment. Tuesday and Wednesday is still not off the table as I said to FJAY half joking I would rather the models be showing nothing or a miss right now to actually being a hit come Tuesday nite. The Euro took a baby step in the right direction a short while ago,,,,,

Brook! likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

WTF = can it really hit 50 or 60 degrees on Feb 4th ? IF this happens on Feb 3rd then we will be setting up the screen and projector and we will be watching The Super Bowl outside on my deck,,,,,,time will tell but these long range models / The Euro say it could hit 50 or maybe even 60 on or around the 4th. Now maybe some snow Wednesday then it appears we are in the icebox on Thursday but IF it his 60 degrees next Sunday then all I can say Fjay and others is IM DONE lets just get ready for Baseball games and gardening.Time will tell

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

weather is MISERABLE here.... 50 degrees, 25kt winds, pouring rain all day (almost 2" forecast)

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think if we get a few more of these snowless winters, the Climate Change conversation changes dramatically. Especially if the summers keep setting records.

NYJetsO12 likes this.