Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yea CB.. especially if you put fuel additive (Stabil) in it for the long stretch between winters...Mine started, coughed up some blue smoke, then ran rough for about 3mins. Then they started just humming along like lawn mowers. Like I said, ran them for 10mins. Also got 5 gals of gas in the can in case... Don't wait too long on buying your salt either.. You know there's gonna be a rush.

Throw in a few big Ribeyes, some Makers Mark 46 and I'm good! :D

dawinner127 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ugh, ok Cman keep the machine gassed up you are in for a good one saturday. expect double digits. CBG, we are on the line bro. latest models take it a bit east making it weaker north and west of nyc. still along way off but didn't like the latest gfs followed the euro.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman,,,,I Bought salt a month ago,,,,just watched ch2 and ch7,,,,,Lonnie Quinn is hedging,,,not sure if the storm stays south of us,,and wants to wait for more models ,,he says euro keeps it south of us and the Gfs says it hits us,,,,,Lee Goldberg says more info tomorrow / Wednesday but he thinks it hits us,,,,hmm,,,,,,? I guess we will know on Friday for sure,,,,,what says our weather geeks ?

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF I was typing while u were posting,,,ugh you know I don't love bad news,,,,lol,,,,,,you don't either FJF ,,I know ,,,,keep us posted,,,,i always forget when do the models come out again,what time ? Is there another tonight around 11 ?keep us. Posted

6. FJF

Next euro is midnight,gfs 6am.
    I will check in the a.m. next 24 hours are big. Cmans in the sweet spot. No way he doesn't get snow

7. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

How does Manhattan and Brooklyn look?

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Paging all weather gurus,,,,,,I am not sure how to read these but I believe snow lovers " might " be able to put their helmets on and get ack in the game ?
    FJF and others I believe the over night models trended somewhat back north ,,,,,,,if today's models do that also I think I can get my snow tubes out and Cman can crank up the Ariens,,,,,am I correct ?

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looking at >12" in central PA now.

10. FJF

real quick, last 2 gfs runs and the latest euro both came in w ith a western track. meaning more snow north, CBG we are back in the game. maybe hitting double digits.
    Cman- still in the sweet spot, think somewhere around you will be the high mark for the storm. enjoy.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjf you are doing better than Jay ,he would have left me hanging until noon,,,lol,,,maybe he makes a cameo today or thur5,,keep the updates coming fellas

12. FJF

All of nyc should get snow. Something to watch for anyone on the coast is tidal flooding. Storm surge plus the full moon will push high tide above flood ranges.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hey FJF, how does northern NJ look? Should i be expecting 6" or so like I'm hearing on the radio?

14. FJF

Could be conservative there. Will know more this afternoon but yea 6 is a good starting point.
    I figured i can't match jays knowledge i will be better at customer service lol

Cman68 likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I figured i can't match jays knowledge i will be better at customer service lol[/QUOTE]
    This was funny

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

These media weather forecasts are so annoying, they're all focused on hyping up big snow even if it's not going to be anywhere near local. And they lag several hours before reporting new model information if not ignoring it completely if it doesn't suit what they've been hyping. Is it really too much to ask for up to date info on when the snow will start and how much will most likely accumulate here

17. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

So what time is this storm supposed to start in NYC area? Will it at least wait until after Friday rush hour?

18. FJF

@GordonGecko , to be fair, no one has enough info yet to put a number out there. All depends on what happens when it hits the atlantic.
    @silent scream friday travel shouldn't be a problem. Storm likely starts saturday late morning. Everyone can run some errands and settle in around lunch, fire up netflix and enjoy a saturday snow storm. Waiting on the next euro. Latest gfs held the same track. Giving good amounts for nyc, jersey and lower hudson valley. Warm ocean temps usually keep storms closer to the coast so snow lovers have that going for them.(just learned that)

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Keep em coming

20. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Late Friday, say 11PM