Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Marshall76

Marshall76 Member

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That bad marsh?

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Its really such a close call for Thursday FJF..there is a chance that eastern L.I. could have blizzard conditions as this storm bombs out just off the coast..we are really close from getting hammered...and guess what..eastern MA could get hammered again.
    Right now the big story behind that storm is what happens to the temps...friday/saturday/sunday/monday...where lows at night might get below zero every night for almost all..and highs never hit 20...then ..maybe a biggie early next week. Just finishing a write up now. How much did you end up with sir?

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

All rail MBTA in Boston shut down for tomorrow about an hour ago. They closed during the first blizzard, but ran limited schedules today and the previous storms. Closing tomorrow because they struggled today. Government is annoyed at the MBTA, but what can you do when you're running ancient subways on cold outdoor tracks that struggles without weather.

I have no idea where Boston is going to put all this snow. It's looking like Thursday night into Friday could be bad including really low temperatures.

Gonna fight through this. 70+ inches of snow so far.

5. jaywayne12

DPF...you have the potential Thursday..and another one Sunday/Monday...and there is a chance that the Sunday/Monday one can miss you south..thats what the models suggest now..but they have every storm until it gets close...and then boom....Boston metro. Hope not bud...you guys are tough up there. Pulling for you!

6. displacedfan

thanks Jay!

Yeah it just seems never ending which is frustrating and with the subway struggling it makes it a terrible commute.

I don't know what's going on with the schools, they've used so many snow days already

7. displacedfan

71 inches since 1/23 in Boston. Wow.

8. FJF

ended up with 8 plus some ice. which considering how much time it spent snowing is not that bad. praying on a misss Thursday. Snows getting too deep to be fun

9. jaywayne12

Thats amazing..and its been mostly in less than 30 days. Wow. Keep the faith bud.

FJF...exactly..doable over an extended period of time.

So...we watch for thursday...Sunday..and then Tuesday...NOW TUESDAY could be a Miler A...but that will change since I just typed it.

10. FJF

Bomb this weekend jay?

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

With the way this winter and the models have gone Jay probably will not feel comfortable making a prediction on this until Friday if not later,,,,lol

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

And he would be right I guess.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Wait- what about tomorrow? I thought the snow was coming Thursday?

_

14. FJF

Thursday is an annoyance. 4" at most
    weekend had potential, now not sure. Tuesday/Wednesday has potential.

15. jaywayne12

Tomorrow is a baby....Saturday could be very big...checking now...sorry guys..have just updated site last few days but am back now.

16. jaywayne12

lol..friggin miller b's...yes..I really believe this storm will hit us. I do. And that is a real dumb gamble to take this far out. Every winter trend has brought the models north but this setup is different..cold before..cold during..cold after...no sleet or freezing rain or rain..means a jet stream that will part farther south. Sure I might get bit with this one...let see.

#8816 jaywayne12, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  17. jaywayne12

OH...CBG..for the record..100 percent yes..the Tuesday Wednesday storm is a MILLER A..A..A...

18. jaywayne12

and one other question...can NYC get below zero overnight Sunday? Hasnt happened in over 20 years..and its a strong possibility..which means all the rest of us will be below zero when we wake up Monday morning.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Miller A, Miller B,,,,let em all hit us we only have a few more weeks of this then it's spring,,,lol,
    Routine 9 believe em when I see em,,,,lol

20. jaywayne12

I hear you bud. Its been a long friggin winter and Im ready to throw the towel in...I mean..who the hell is on first. Im telling you....there are signals with the Tuesday/Wednesday storm that have me really trying not to look past this weekend. Its the first storm in a long time that will involve the Gulf of Mexico..and the Gulf of Mexico and WINTER storms usually bring down the house. Temps are the only thing that could throw this one off.