Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay getting ready to put you on the back of a milk container,,,,lol,,,,,,need the updates bud,,,,been checking your site and I'm baffled NY state to receive a lot of snow ? Am I reading that correctly ? Jay ? FJF ? Bueller ? Bueller ? Anyone ? Anyone ?

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Snow here ? Catskills ? Buffalo ? Lol

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

sorry guys..was updating the website on the road all day and night but Im here..checking models now..last I looked from the road..1 to 2 feet up in the Catskills...and a mess down here with snow/sleet and all..checking now

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay just checked your site good info but I have to tell you that I hate the news ! If its going to be cold it might as well snow,,,,I hope the models are wrong or that this thing sets up,more south so I can get giddy,,,,,,keep em coming Jay

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So with a few of the past storms the models moved them very North with about 24 hours before they hit,,,hell the fizzard of 2015 went very far north as the event got closer,,,,whats the chance that the trends change and that this current system that looked to be blowing up North,,,,as the event gets closer ( as in this morning or later today ) and suddenly the models have this thing well south again ?
    Btw you know I am rooting for snow,,,.I mean its way better than ice and winter will be over in a month,,let it snow let it snow let it now ,,,lol

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So confused, am i ice, fooot of snow. I am guessing i am right on the battle ground

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF ,,,,,I will ask you this a gazillions more times,,,," where are you " I can never remember ,,,lol ,,,,,so bad with that when it ones to where people are. I think you are north and west of me no ? I'm in Rockland new city ,,,,,,,,As usual I am rooting for us to get buried ! Oh and for the record for the most part I worked just about all of this winter outside, a couple of weeks I was even on a rooftop or 2,,,,,let it snow , let it snow ,,,,let it snow ,,,lol

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I understand there's another storm coming in. So more rain for me?

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Big puffy flakes coming down here in Northern Bergen County--not sticking to the main roads but a 1/4 inch dusting on the side roads.

_

10. FJF

I am in wappingers falls. Northeast of you. Right at I84 and the taconic.

11. jaywayne12

The short term models..which have been money but you cant use them until around 24 hours before the event..are taking the snow numbers and driving them south..big time...YOU ARE IN THE MONEY ZONE NOW...lol...this is nuts..checking now.

12. JStokes

Completely stopped and any accumulation on the streets is melting.

_

13. jaywayne12

The Saturday part of this will be a joke JS..not until Sunday evening to the big players arrive. This will be on and off crap.

14. JStokes

Arctic Clipper?

_

15. jaywayne12

Its weird bud...yes...the tail end of this storm..or the last 24 hours has always had me up in the air. I can count 3 or 4 times remember this type of setup...where the Arctic front is the last to move in along the stalled front. Picture a sponge filled with water...and the front just squeezes all the precip out of the air. Its a very long story that I will share one day because the first time this type of setup happened..its what got me into weather.

We were forecasted to get mixed precip..for a few days and then a big cold front would come through and we might get several inches..but schools would be opened etc. It was 1969? Back then when there was no school because the weather, a fire siren would go off at 6AM on the button...throughout the town..and that's what woke me up. I looked out the window and couldn't see anything...just white.

lol...I went downstairs and my dad...who went to the driveway to get his NYT paper ...was just sitting at the kitchen table...lost...I asked him what happened? He said he went to get the paper and the door slammed him to the ground...he couldn't see..that's how hard the snow was falling and wind was blowing.

It only snowed for about 4 hours and we received over 10 inches of snow. The setup...Arctic fronts that bring the last storms through do some wild stuff sometime..and not saying it will happen here...but this storm for Sunday/Monday is going to dump some crazy numbers.

OK..LOL..so I did tell the story...and that is a morning I will never forget.

OK..SO THE BIG CHANGE right now is the final storm that comes through. Short term models along with the GFS want to bring the big snow numbers to our doorstep..and FJF is in...CBG is on the doorstep..and jonnny d is there too...just dont tell him.

Still have 24 hours for more changes as this final storm gets rolling in about 24 hours or so.

16. FJF

When does this thing crank up? Mostly, do i want to be on the road with my kids tomorrow between 4pm and 8pm

17. jaywayne12

Right around that time FJF..but the earlier the better..would think it would be a little tough...but overnight is the worst.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Okay so the models moved it more south,,,,as I hoped,,,,,but quite frankly,,,give CBG large numbers and no ice thank you very much ! Stay on top of it Jay and FJF and whoever else I look forward to the updates ! Keep em coming also I will believe it when I see it,,,,,lol

19. FJF

Ok thanks jay. Probably stay home than.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just watched the local weather,,,one channel says I get 3 to 6,,,Audrey puente then says I get more ,,,so what do you say Jay , Keep em coming ,,,,,,,FJF do u have a guesstimate ?